2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

As of right now that assessment is right, we're barely an 8th seed. No high hopes yet.

Still got wait for that struggle period of players giving their opinion on the triangle and fans acting like they no better.

Derrick Williams is trash. Too much money too. ****. Only good thing is, he's young. Still has time to learn and develop but I doubt he does.
When I was mentioning he's young I just thought he'd have a lot of energy. Not get tired if he's forced to play a lot of min.

I've had this idea for a while that the time to learn and actually develop starts in your teens and pretty much ends in your mid 20s. After that you're stuck in your ways (not counting becoming a better FT shooter) unless you have Ray Allen dedication. Longer you last in the league it's less about talent and more about skill and a lot of guys just aren't smart enough to be really skillful.
His last name better not be Smith. Quit playing.

I miss him so much
You're bugging.

I miss can't-do-nothing-but-shoot-3s-Novak
We're most likely gonna use the exception on Jason Smith or Shved imo.

pls no

let last season die
Shved is nice and Smith got a sweet jumper.

Got nothing to do with last season. Shved is gonna end up being the off guard we need if he gets that pt.
I'm still trying to figure out how the knicks only got a future second rounder for shump and jr when shump just signed for 10mil a year..
Cuz he got overpaid. Shump aint nothing but a 2nd round player anyway.

Last edited:
Man why is the dude with a kobe avy in here talking bout MY knicks.??? And ya dudes praising this laker fan.giving what we doing grades and ****.Shouldn't u be worried about the Lakers not making any moves this offseason.wheres the Lakers F at ??

Man why is the dude with a kobe avy in here talking bout MY knicks.??? And ya dudes praising this laker fan.giving what we doing grades and ****.Shouldn't u be worried about the Lakers not making any moves this offseason.wheres the Lakers F at ??
I don't care who it comes from...his post is about as objective and realistic as it gets.

Respect.:pimp:

Brian Windhorst [emoji]10004[/emoji]@WindhorstESPN
To that end, James doesn't plan to start talks with Cavs until Tristan Thompson's deal is settled. Currently those talks are stalled.

Should've saved our max for Brahn

To that end, James doesn't plan to start talks with Cavs until Tristan Thompson's deal is settled. Currently those talks are stalled.

Almost wondered why this was in here :lol:

Cavs going after West so Thompson might be gone.

Cavs are going to be sooooooo far over the cap

555322240.gif

Homie coming in here dropping knowledge. And like nick. nick. said, it's good to get an objective take on the Knicks moves.

Once we get over some of Phils early mistake, which in my opinion was only the Bargnani trade. Cant fault him for the Chandler trade cause Chandler wanted to dip, and only somewhat for the JR smith and Iman trade cause we shouldve received 1 first round pick.... We got a first for THJR but only a second for JR & Iman..

but whatever looking past that we had a pretty good offseason so far
Phil didnt do Bargs trade.

No team was giving up a first rounder for Shump and JR. Shump was an expiring who got $10 million this summer. Completely different from THJR, who is still on a rookie-scale contract for a couple more years. No team wanted to have to overspend for Shump this summer and no team would give up any assets for Shump on a 1 year rental.

JR was a salary dump who absolutely 0 teams wanted, but Cleveland took him back because we gave them Shump (hense why that ******* idiot is still on the market even after Cleveland locked up Shump for that outrageous deal). Deal made sense for both parties. We had no chance of getting a first round pick for JR/Shump.

Chandler trade was Phil's only semi-blunder. I can live with that. Especially because he at least got fat boy off the roster and netted the Knicks a couple of draft picks. Who knows how Clean and Thanasis pan out at the end of the day? A couple of years from now after Caldo is gone and Clea/Thanasis are solid contributors for this team, maybe people say that we got the better end of the deal (especially because we didnt have any picks going into the draft.)

But for now, with Tyson still contributing, our rookies still developing, and Caldo holding us back. It certainly looks like Dallas got the better end of the deal from us. But the trade isnt over yet. And even if that trade is a L, if that is Phil's only L so far, it isnt major and I can live with it.
Koufus would be a nice backup.
highlights pon highlights if Green played for NY. cant see him playing in the triangle tho.

we need that Lamar/Draymond, Swiss Army knife type player
paging MKG 
pimp.gif
 (im going to keep going with these all year so just get used to it 
laugh.gif
)
Not a fan of the signing. He's young and was the #2 overall pick so there's still a chance. Besides that, he is and will always be a scrub imo.
In fairness to D-Will and his development (not saying he is about to be some sort of stud, because I didnt love him even as a highly touted draft prospect personally), he was drafted by the Minnesota T'Wolves who were in complete disarray at the time and had a total logjam at the position with bust idiots like Beasley instead of veterans who could have helped guide him along the past to professionalism. Just a bad situation there at that time.

From there, he went to the Sacramento Kings... Need I say more? 
laugh.gif

I am not saying this dude is going to burst on to the scene and become the all-star player he was projected to be, but if we build a winning foundation and add some solid veterans who could help guide the youngsters and hold them accountable, IMO D-Will could be a high reward signing. Time will tell, but I think it is definitely possible. I like where Phil's head is at.
Homeless man's pistol Pete
Shvedy 
pimp.gif

Last edited:

Well all of that seems a tad unnecessary.

Look at my response to clarify.

And it's also something I said when he was drafted, and right before FA.

It's an unnecessary risk that Phil took. Especially when even at his best case he's not bringing in star power nor is Phil going to be around long enough to build a team around him after his rookie contract. Also there were 3-4 players available who were just better fits and as good today.

Hence why it was a bad pick.

I'm not talking about your opinion on the pick. (Which you're wrong about anyways)

I'm talking about the fact that you basically said if he turns out to be Dirk he won't be getting players to come here until his 30's. Just because the dude is compared to Dirk on the basketball court doesn't mean everything about the dude is going to be side by side with Dirk's life :lol:

It's just such a dumb comparison :lol:

I hated Lebron for a year when he didn't come, then couldn't anymore. Dude's too nice to not like.

Back
Top Bottom