2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

One thing i'm certain of is that this will be a much more competitive team than last year's. Regardless of how many wins we manage to get.

Last edited:
i'm sticking by 38-40 W's

our defense should be rated in the top half of the league if everyone plays up to their potential..

I think we OD'd on big men. Now we need some wing players off the bench. All we have is gallo and early right?

I think the Knicks are a mess
Basically.

I can understand being hopeful and optimistic for a few players in an individual sense but I'm not on that it's possible to sneak in the playoffs mindset.

Right now I'd be happy with us playing well enough that whoever has our 1st round pick doesn't end up having a top 15 pick.

Galloway/Caldo/Grant

Afflalo

Melo

Zinger

Lopez

I'm not even mad

Last edited:
People say Phil has no GM skills, Yea well with all the coaching experience + championships he has, I would like to believe that as a coach you are around players and deal with personalities on a daily basis, he's just now in a position to make his own moves, I'm sure he's had input on moves the Lakers and Bulls front office made while he were part of those teams. 

btw -

Edit - my cousin just told me how he knows this chick who dated and played Quinn, my cousin clubbed with him years back and Quinn went to Holy Cross + from Cambria Heights, I'm like 2minute drive from Cambria

BTW thanks Mods

Last edited:
Knicks add O'Quinn in sign-and-trade with Magic
23h - NBA KYLE O'QUINN +2 more
Kevin Pelton, ESPN Staff Writer
Shares
Email
Print
Comment

The Deal

Knicks get: Center Kyle O'Quinn

Magic get: Right to swap 2019 second-round picks, cash

New York Knicks: B

O'Quinn was near the top of my as-yet-unwritten list of value free agents, and the Knicks are getting him on a great deal: four years and $16 million, according to ESPN's Ian Begley, less than other backup centers like Brandan Wright and Aron Baynes are getting over the next three years. This trade was a way to ensure the Magic didn't match on O'Quinn or, at minimum, tie up New York's remaining cap space for 72 hours before officially deciding not to match an offer sheet. For that right, the Knicks gave up cash and the option to swap second-round picks in 2019, which has relatively little trade value.

Ultimately, this was primarily a free-agent signing, and a good one. During his first three NBA seasons in Orlando, O'Quinn put up impressive numbers when adjusted for his limited playing time: 13.0 points, 10.5 rebounds and 2.1 blocks per 36 minutes. He's even shown a little ability to stretch the floor from the center position, making 12 3-pointers last season, albeit at a 27.9 percent clip.

At 25, O'Quinn probably doesn't have a ton of additional upside, but he should be an above-average backup at worst and at best, possibly even an adequate starter at center. Getting that for less than the mid-level exception is excellent value. I project his value at $27 million over the next three years, more than O'Quinn will make over the length of the four-year contract.

Orlando Magic: C

For whatever reason, the Magic never seemed enamored about O'Quinn. Part of the issue, certainly, was Orlando had a center -- Nikola Vucevic, who signed a four-year, $48 million extension last fall. The Magic briefly tried O'Quinn at power forward with poor results (they were outscored by 10.6 points per 100 possessions when he played next to Vucevic, per NBA.com/Stats) and then sat him behind second-year big man Dewayne Dedmon. So it's not particularly surprising Orlando let O'Quinn walk, and at least the Magic got some cash and a possible marginal upgrade on a future second-round pick on his way out the door.{/quote]

I was looking at some of his Magic highlights. Looks like he has a good touch around the rim and a decent shot. He's a big boy, so I hope he ain't no slouch on the defense.

We shall see.

The lakers may be looking to trade swaggy p. I think we should take him. We need another scorer and we need anything SG desperately. He only makes like 6mil per also, so that's a decent deal.

I'm mad we could've signed Lou, since he only took a 3 year 21mil deal, but instead we signed the other Williams.

Back
Top Bottom