2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

@StevePopper: Knicks expect to finalize signings of Lopez, Afflalo, Williams and O'Quinn today - introduce them in press conference tomorrow here in Vegas
Glad none backed out :pimp:

Just recorded and posted a new podcast episode all alone if anyone's interested. Check the sig.

roll.gif

Chill it's not that bad...

Looks like Lin hit the streets at 5 am.

Last edited:
@StevePopper: Knicks expect to finalize signings of Lopez, Afflalo, Williams and O'Quinn today - introduce them in press conference tomorrow here in Vegas
Glad none backed out :pimp:

Just recorded and posted a new podcast episode all alone if anyone's interested. Check the sig.
\

Couple of things I noticed that's worth exploring avenues to improve. Might seem persnickety, but i'm all about the details.

• Too many breaks in between points and thoughts. No real direction.
  • A lot of different ideas being said, but nothing concentrated worth engaging in.
  • Theme of the podcast is solid, but there's some "character" missing.
  • Know your audience--started talking about the Cubs and then about the DJ debacle. 9/10 most podcasts start off with the DJ story.
  • You don't seem confident in what you say. A lot of "umms" and "you know" coupled with pauses. Really drive home your ideas.
  • Shift between sports are in consistent. Try to going into a more subtle segway.

Not sure if you listen to other podcasts, but listen to Bomani Jones if you don't already. Even though he's only had the podcast less than 6 months, it's probably one of the better sports themed podcasts out there. You get a great sense of direction and mood. Also, check out Tim Ferris as well. He's not a sports podcaster, but he's great. You might be interested in what he has to say.

Last edited:
A lot of that is me having no plan and deciding to do this an hour ago :lol: Next time I'll write some notes beforehand instead of winging it as I go.

A lot of that is me having no plan and deciding to do this an hour ago :lol: Next time I'll write some notes beforehand instead of winging it as I go.

I see :lol:

Yeah, it would be better if you wrote an outline for how your podcast episode would go. If you want investors then the process needs to be polished brochacho. Not trying to bust your chops. I've seen too many people half-*** their stuff and it came back to bite them in the ***.

Keep up the hustle.

Last edited:
yeah not the most professional thing on my behalf :lol: just wanted to get something going. the advice is solid though, definitely gotta get some notes beforehand and structure things, cut out the ums. thanks for listening papi :pimp:

I feel like Shump gets a bad rep for being traded with JR. I have no ill will towards Shump. He shouldnt be lumped in with that ******* mental ******. He just never became as good as we hoped he would and wasnt worth the contract he got in Cleveland. That's all it is really. He still gave it his all and legitimately gave a **** about the team. That's all I can really ask for.
Nah. Shump got a bad rep for being trash.
A hundred times this. Shump is a bench player at best. Cleveland is foolish for giving him all that money and years. I'd take JR back way before Shump.

I feel like Shump gets a bad rep for being traded with JR. I have no ill will towards Shump. He shouldnt be lumped in with that ******* mental ******. He just never became as good as we hoped he would and wasnt worth the contract he got in Cleveland. That's all it is really. He still gave it his all and legitimately gave a **** about the team. That's all I can really ask for.
Nah. Shump got a bad rep for being trash.
A hundred times this. Shump is a bench player at best. Cleveland is foolish for giving him all that money and years. I'd take JR back way before Shump.

That contract is going to end up being a nuisance a few years down the road. Or maybe not. Cap jumps up astronomically. We'll see.

Either way. Shump is a basketball player and a faux-rapper. Not a Thundercat!

Last edited:
we made such a huge mistake trading the Trash Brothers but one of them is still a free agent & the other signed for way more than he's worth. :rolleyes

definitely a solid summer, now we gotta land another star player.

i hope DWill can find himself here..

had a great tournament & season at Arizona

if he puts in 100% effort & makes smart plays he can be a good player off the bench..

@IanBegley: #Knicks say Porzingis practiced last night but sat out today for precautionary reasons (hip tightness). He's expected to practice tonight.

Back
Top Bottom