2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

Did you write the article? I agree with most aspects of it, especially the points of LeBron being an act and maneuvering himself to what best promotes his brand while giving himself the easiest path a a championship (playing with an already semi loaded team in the east). The loyalty view point is one I did not look at before and I can definitely get on board with that. Maybe I expect too much from him due to the "superstar" label. The team around him has been pretty bad overall. Perhaps I a not a fan of his game or his style (scoring a ton of points on a lot of shots, with minimal defense). The attitude he gives off at times is terrible imo (hating on the kripstas pick, throwing shade at Lin during the linsanity run). And I do agree that it is good that he stood up for his beliefs by marching in the protests, utt don't throw that bs excuse of getting hurt by sitting on the bench out there.

I did write the article. Appreciate the respect/input. :nthat:

As far as your criticisms, Melo did not hate on the Kristaps pick. He was in Vegas for Lala's bday. The hate was all driven by NY media reacting to him sending his condolences to THJR for him being traded. They're trying to do the same **** right now because Phil said he is trying to improve the Knicks roster and has not spoken to Melo recently. A lot of something about absolutely nothing.

The Lin situation was more of the same, as far as I can remember. I might be spotty (usually I am not, but I am not looking any of this up) but Melo was always 100% supportive of Lin off the court. Their "beef" was more media bull **** because their games didn't clash and because Lin was simply not that good to begin with. I don't ever remember Melo dissing Lin publicly though, and if he did, it definitely was not during the hype of "Linsanity." I could be wrong there, but I don't think so.

Maybe you are just not a fan of his "game" or his "style" because of some "other issues" (looking at your avy)...

View media item 1627898

:pimp:

It all makes sense now :rofl:

I think there's a lot of "maintenance" required when you have a player like Melo, but that's just how it is.

Like JRS said, when you surround Melo with the right pieces, he's shown he can be one of the best players in the league. He's done it that one year he was in Denver taking them to the eastern conference finals and a few years back when the Knicks had Jason Kidd and all those veterans. As for losing in the first round all those years--To be fair he lost to teams that eventually won the NBA Finals or went to the Finals. With the exception of the Pacers, of course.

What do you expect when you surround Melo with a bunch of kids, knuckleheads and a rookie coach?

I did write the article. Appreciate the respect/input. :nthat:

As far as your criticisms, Melo did not hate on the Kristaps pick. He was in Vegas for Lala's bday. The hate was all driven by NY media reacting to him sending his condolences to THJR for him being traded. They're trying to do the same **** right now because Phil said he is trying to improve the Knicks roster and has not spoken to Melo recently. A lot of something about absolutely nothing.

The Lin situation was more of the same, as far as I can remember. I might be spotty (usually I am not, but I am not looking any of this up) but Melo was always 100% supportive of Lin off the court. Their "beef" was more media bull **** because their games didn't clash and because Lin was simply not that good to begin with. I don't ever remember Melo dissing Lin publicly though, and if he did, it definitely was not during the hype of "Linsanity." I could be wrong there, but I don't think so.

Maybe you are just not a fan of his "game" or his "style" because of some "other issues" (looking at your avy)...

View media item 1627898

:pimp:

Mello can have that one haha. 4>1 :wink:

Looking at defense stats on
http://stats.nba.com/league/player/...*G*7&Season=2014-15&SeasonType=Regular Season

Jose Calderon has the worst, I repeat, the worst percentage points differential in the NBA (mininum 40 games, 7 shots attempted against him). Whoever Caldo guarded on averaged shot 11.1% better than they traditionally did :smh: :lol: He also had the highest defensive field goal percentage in the NBA 54.2% God he's an abortion on d

melo never had a dwade or bosh. the best he got was AI and billups at the tail end of their careers, dumbass JR, and often injured STAT. this season he had bargs and galloway.....

Back
Top Bottom