2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

IF we were a playoff team he would've played the entire season.

What's wrong with marching in protests?

I wish more athletes took a positive stance in important sociological matters.

Last edited:

So when the going gets tough he sits out? The team was trash last year, historically bad. My point is, if he was a true superstar, shouldn't have that gotten the team at least 7 to 10 more wins? If KD was on last year's team, do they still win 17?

Melo is a loser but upon his arrival in the NBA he turned one of the WORST franchises in the NBA into a playoff team and made them relevant for his entire tenure.

Melo is such a loser he won a National Championship his only year in college.

I hate this narrative. It's lazy, ignorant and foolish.

So when the going gets tough he sits out? The team was trash last year, historically bad. My point is, if he was a true superstar, shouldn't have that gotten the team at least 7 to 10 more wins? If KD was on last year's team, do they still win 17?
why play him when we're obviously one of the worst teams in the league and benefit more from getting as many ping pong balls as possible?

What's wrong with marching in protests?

I wish more athletes took a positive stance in important sociological matters.

It's not the marching part per se, but his outlandish comments that he is worried he can get hurt sitting on the bench.

Melo is a loser but upon his arrival in the NBA he turned one of the WORST franchises in the NBA into a playoff team and made them relevant for his entire tenure.

If making it out of the first round 1 season is relevant I would day the bar is set pretty low.

I respect your opinion as I have not posted too much in the thread but always keep tabs on it. You display great knowledge of the Knicks and basketball in general so I will ask you a serious question? Why should Knicks fans believe Mello is not a loser and is a superstar? What good has he done for the organization as a whole?
How much time you got?
laugh.gif

http://g42sports.com/new-york-state-mind/

Start by reading that and if you have any follow ups I'll be more than happy to oblige
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Also, as far as the ASG (only because its probably the only thing being discussed that is not touched on in the article)... Melo has an image to maintain. Carrying the New York franchise player label comes with great responsibility and part of that responsibility is showing up for your city when the ASG is at your ******* home.

Not just showing up for the fans and this city (also important), but also for the all-star players/potential teammates playing in the game. Melo needed to show them what NYC was all about and he couldn't do that on the sidelines.

The long term objective of showing up and playing in that game was far more important than making a 17 win team a 30 win team (especially because that alone would have been a bad thing).

Melo was playing chess while all yall stay playing checkers
mean.gif

Last edited:
3/6 of those first round exits he lost to the team that won an NBA Championship

Let's not act like he's Tracy McGrady.

Guy was in the playoffs year in and year out in the west and that's not good enough now.

Good to know.

Last edited:
How much time you got? :lol:

http://g42sports.com/new-york-state-mind/

Start by reading that and if you have any follow ups I'll be more than happy to oblige :lol: :pimp:

Also, as far as the ASG (only because its probably the only thing being discussed that is not touched on in the article)... Melo has an image to maintain. Carrying the New York franchise player label comes with great responsibility and part of that responsibility is showing up for your city when the ASG is at your ******* home.

Not just showing up for the fans and this city (also important), but also for the all-star players/potential teammates playing in the game. Melo needed to show them what NYC was all about and he couldn't do that on the sidelines.

The long term objective of showing up and playing in that game was far more important than making a 17 win team a 30 win team (especially because that alone would have been a bad thing).

Melo was playing chess while all yall stay playing checkers :smh:  

So what big name free agent did he help the Knicks land this year? I will read that article though.

So what big name free agent did he help the Knicks land this year? I will read that article though.
So Melo shouldn't have even tried just because none ended up coming? Striking out swinging is not the same as striking out looking, my dude. I keep saying that but it's the ******* truth. In all aspects, including this.

Melo would have got **** on either way. It was a lose-lose. Melo took the lesser of two evils. He would have gotten DESTROYED by not playing in that game. And who knows what future teammates might have been in that game? It's not a 1 year process.

Appreciate you giving the article a read tho 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
people that feel 1 way about melo will always feel that way. guy just isn't good enough for them. damn shame since he's the best player this franchise has had since ewing. but go ahead, whine and complain about him.

Cuz he is one.

If dudes seriously want to pretend like they don't know what value Melo has a superstar, basketball probably aint really for them.

The Gr8 bout to hit you with an avalanche reply though. Your body aint ready.

Superstar is a strong word. Good player yes, but superstar is a bit far. How about his attitude? Too hurt to play in games but makes it a point to play in (and stink it up) the all star game. Also, can't sit on the Knicks bench for "fear of getting hurt" but can march during protests in Baltimore.
He's a superstar. No bull ******** about it. The **** his attitude got to do with it? Kobe Bryant's an a-hole and he's a superstar.

Melo was injured, had surgery, and shut it down in a season the Knicks had no chance of making the playoffs and they all knew that before the new year. It makes no sense risking your star player to play in meaningless games. That's just common sense and being smart. Literally has nothing to do with whether or not he's a superstar.

Also, I'm sorry but social issues such as racial discrimination, police brutality which led to riots in a place he spent growing up in are way more important than basketball. I don't know how you could compare that to not sitting on the bench in games he aint playing in anyway. Get some perspective.

So what exactly are you saying here? Melo should've played in those games just to avoid a historically bad franchise record? Oh okay so you wanted the Knicks to end up with the 14th pick instead of #4 because of a false sense of pride in a season that was a wash anyway :smh:

This definition of superstar by you sounds like you're making it up as you go and/or it's very dumb.

Last edited:
Cuz he is one.

If dudes seriously want to pretend like they don't know what value Melo has a superstar, basketball probably aint really for them.

The Gr8 bout to hit you with an avalanche reply though. Your body aint ready.

Superstar is a strong word. Good player yes, but superstar is a bit far. How about his attitude? Too hurt to play in games but makes it a point to play in (and stink it up) the all star game. Also, can't sit on the Knicks bench for "fear of getting hurt" but can march during protests in Baltimore.
He's a superstar. No bull ******** about it. The **** his attitude got to do with it? Kobe Bryant's an a-hole and he's a superstar.

Melo was injured, had surgery, and shut it down in a season the Knicks had no chance of making the playoffs and they all knew that before the new year. It makes no sense risking your star player to play in meaningless games. That's just common sense and being smart. Literally has nothing to do with whether or not he's a superstar.

Also, I'm sorry but social issues such as racial discrimination, police brutality which led to riots in a place he spemt growing up in are way more important than basketball. I don't know how you could compare that to not sitting on the bench in games he aint playing in anyway. Get some perspective.

dont forget that hes fat

So Melo shouldn't have even tried just because none ended up coming? Striking out swinging is not the same as striking out looking, my dude. I keep saying that but it's the ******* truth. In all aspects, including this.

Melo would have got **** on either way. It was a lose-lose. Melo took the lesser of two evils. He would have gotten DESTROYED by not playing in that game. And who knows what future teammates might have been in that game? It's not a 1 year process.

Appreciate you giving the article a read tho  :pimp:  

Did you write the article? I agree with most aspects of it, especially the points of LeBron being an act and maneuvering himself to what best promotes his brand while giving himself the easiest path a a championship (playing with an already semi loaded team in the east). The loyalty view point is one I did not look at before and I can definitely get on board with that. Maybe I expect too much from him due to the "superstar" label. The team around him has been pretty bad overall. Perhaps I a not a fan of his game or his style (scoring a ton of points on a lot of shots, with minimal defense). The attitude he gives off at times is terrible imo (hating on the kripstas pick, throwing shade at Lin during the linsanity run). And I do agree that it is good that he stood up for his beliefs by marching in the protests, utt don't throw that bs excuse of getting hurt by sitting on the bench out there.

just because some hack says his sources state melo was upset with porzingis being picked doesn't mean that's true. he's never gone on record saying he didn't like the pick. he's done the opposite. so yeah, stop listening to narratives from hacks in the media.

Did you write the article? I agree with most aspects of it, especially the points of LeBron being an act and maneuvering himself to what best promotes his brand while giving himself the easiest path a a championship (playing with an already semi loaded team in the east). The loyalty view point is one I did not look at before and I can definitely get on board with that. Maybe I expect too much from him due to the "superstar" label. The team around him has been pretty bad overall. Perhaps I a not a fan of his game or his style (scoring a ton of points on a lot of shots, with minimal defense). The attitude he gives off at times is terrible imo (hating on the kripstas pick, throwing shade at Lin during the linsanity run). And I do agree that it is good that he stood up for his beliefs by marching in the protests, utt don't throw that bs excuse of getting hurt by sitting on the bench out there.
I did write the article. Appreciate the respect/input.
nthat.gif

As far as your criticisms, Melo did not hate on the Kristaps pick. He was in Vegas for Lala's bday. The hate was all driven by NY media reacting to him sending his condolences to THJR for him being traded. They're trying to do the same **** right now because Phil said he is trying to improve the Knicks roster and has not spoken to Melo recently. A lot of something about absolutely nothing.

The Lin situation was more of the same, as far as I can remember. I might be spotty (usually I am not, but I am not looking any of this up) but Melo was always 100% supportive of Lin off the court. Their "beef" was more media bull **** because their games didn't clash and because Lin was simply not that good to begin with. I don't ever remember Melo dissing Lin publicly though, and if he did, it definitely was not during the hype of "Linsanity." I could be wrong there, but I don't think so.

Maybe you are just not a fan of his "game" or his "style" because of some "other issues" (looking at your avy)...

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom