2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

Trade Galloway to Russia for Shved 
pimp.gif

Ndour probably better than that scrub Derrick Williams
Considering that Derrick Williams put up All-American stats at Zona 4 years ago that absolutely crushed Ndour's stats at U ******* Ohio last season, I find that highly doubtful 
laugh.gif

Some of yall get too emotional when it comes to players and their draft value and it scews rational thinking. Ndour had one really good summer league game, let's chillax for a second
laugh.gif

Williams wasnt a bad pickup IMO. His sophomore year #s at Zona were ******* incredible (take a look at his shooting %s), he got picked 2nd in a weak *** draft, and played on 2 ****** organizations who were relatively deep at his position.

I'm not saying dude will definitely pan out here, he might be destined to be a bust, but there is definitely some upside to D-Will. Let's see if he can figure this thing out. Not like we gave up a 1st rounder for him and/or offered him some ridiculous contract. 

Low risk/high reward. I am probably in the minority, but I like the D-Will signing. Also because if he does get his **** together, he is the kind of player you want to pair with Melo in being a combo forward, if he improves defensively.

Having said all that, dont take any of what I said as me saying I am not for signing Ndour. I definitely am leaning towards us signing Ndour. But I definitely need to see more of a sample size and he definitely isnt better than Derrick Williams. He just isnt. At least not right now.

Last edited:
Ndour probably better than that scrub Derrick Williams
Considering that Derrick Williams put up All-American stats at Zona 4 years ago that absolutely crushed Ndour's stats at U ******* Ohio last season, I find that highly doubtful :lol:

Some of yall get too emotional when it comes to players and their draft value and it scews rational thinking. Ndour had one really good summer league game, let's chillax for a second :lol:

Williams wasnt a bad pickup IMO. His sophomore year #s at Zona were ******* incredible (take a look at his shooting %s), he got picked 2nd in a weak *** draft, and played on 2 ****** organizations who were relatively deep at his position.

I'm not saying dude will definitely pan out here, he might be destined to be a bust, but there is definitely some upside to D-Will. Let's see if he can figure this thing out. Not like we gave up a 1st rounder for him and/or offered him some ridiculous contract. 

Low risk/high reward. I am probably in the minority, but I like the D-Will signing. Also because if he does get his **** together, he is the kind of player you want to pair with Melo in being a combo forward, if he improves defensively.

Having said all that, dont take any of what I said as me saying I am not for signing Ndour. I definitely am leaning towards us signing Ndour. But I definitely need to see more of a sample size and he definitely isnt better than Derrick Williams. He just isnt. At least not right now.
I think D wills stats from 3 and 4 years ago are moot. He's been a bust the last 2 years and is now on a team that was no better than the 2 he came from. N'dour is showing potential. Hopefully he gets it together but at the moment his slate is blank. He needs to play with a sense of urgency as in there is a hungry kid trying to get some of his shine.

I think D wills stats from 3 and 4 years ago are moot. He's been a bust the last 2 years and is now on a team that was no better than the 2 he came from. N'dour is showing potential. Hopefully he gets it together but at the moment his slate is blank. He needs to play with a sense of urgency as in there is a hungry kid trying to get some of his shine.
OK but that argument goes both ways 
laugh.gif

Maybe fear of the dreaded "bust" label instead of being pampered as the #2 overall pick will light a spark under D-Will's *** and get him to play with a sense of urgency and be hungry.

And D-Will is the more talented player. He is. If you can get him hungry, you have FAR more upside than a hungry Ndour, who's skill is mostly playing hungry to begin with 
laugh.gif

I'm not trying to absolve D-Will from blame, dont take it that way. I'm just saying that he was a good calculated risk to take. He has had some bumps in the road for sure, but the potential is still there and it is far greater than Ndour's upside. Not even close.

I mean if you think that Ndour would have had more success than D-Will as the #2 pick and/or that D-Will wouldnt be dominating the NBA summer league far more so than Ndour is, you are sadly mistaken.

Ndour is overachieving in SL games as an undrafted rookie, D-Will has badly underachieved as a former #2 overall pick. Take it for what it is and leave it as that. That does not mean that Ndour is in any way, shape, or form a better basketball player than Derrick Williams is right now... He isnt. Nor does he have the kind of upside that Williams does.

Both are capable of contributing for us. Ndour is scrappy, can hit an open mid-range jumper, hustles a lot. Williams is good for the triangle, making cuts to the basket.

"weak *** draft class" is a stretch. here are some notable players drafted after williams:

kanter
tristan thompson
JV
knight
walker
kawhi
tobias harris
faried
mirotic
reggie jackson
jimmy butler

in fact, all but 7 players in that first round were on an nba roster last season.

williams is fine as the backup 3/4, but ndour should be on our squad instead of lance thomas FOR SURE.

melo/cle
zinger/willams/ndour
lopez/oquinn

Last edited:
D-Will's game just ain't at its best at an NBA level. Inconsistent on defense, is best as a perimeter guy but he's streaky, not big enough to bully people in the paint, not a great rebounder, good leaper but only with space. If however, he can find some type of consistency then you might have a solid offensive spark plug off the bench.

Last edited:
OK but that argument goes both ways :lol:

Maybe fear of the dreaded "bust" label instead of being pampered as the #2 overall pick will light a spark under D-Will's *** and get him to play with a sense of urgency and be hungry.

And D-Will is the more talented player. He is. If you can get him hungry, you have FAR more upside than a hungry Ndour, who's skill is mostly playing hungry to begin with :lol:

I'm not trying to absolve D-Will from blame, dont take it that way. I'm just saying that he was a good calculated risk to take. He has had some bumps in the road for sure, but the potential is still there and it is far greater than Ndour's upside. Not even close.

I mean if you think that Ndour would have had more success than D-Will as the #2 pick and/or that D-Will wouldnt be dominating the NBA summer league far more so than Ndour is, you are sadly mistaken.

Ndour is overachieving in SL games as an undrafted rookie, D-Will has badly underachieved as a former #2 overall pick. Take it for what it is and leave it as that. That does not mean that Ndour is in any way, shape, or form a better basketball player than Derrick Williams is right now... He isnt. Nor does he have the kind of upside that Williams does.
Anybody can get their their spot taken regardless of draft position or college stats. I'd prefer and over achiever vs an under achiever any day. Now I'm not saying this should be based off a few summer league games by if he gets signed and continues to play as he has, why bench him for an under achieving former #2 pick with solid college stats.

Unless that "hunger" translates to him growing so he's not undersized or becoming faster or a better shooter... I'm not excited about Williams.

He shouldn't have to be worried about being called a bust to want to improve, that's just trying to spin it positively. He's a tweener and not great at anything to make up for that. If he was a dead-eye shooter or monster defensively or anything, then him being too small for PFs and too slow for SFs wouldn't be as bad... but it is what it is. It's not an awful 5 year deal by any means, but it's not exactly a great deal either. If he can find some sort of role that fits his game, then awesome, I'm just not holding my breath.

At the very least, Phil and Derrick can bond while blazing up. And Kurt Rambis is on the staff. Should help a bit.

Last edited:
I guess he killed the "dudes with locs" theory! LOL what he need to do is cut that color out. I've only seen chicks pull that off.

Listen im not saying we should hold Williams to any ridiculous standard or even expect for the best.

Just take players for what they are. Dont let a couple bad NBA seasons completely take away from his potential. A lot of very good NBA players got off to rocky starts (especially if they played on **** organizations). Im not saying to expect anything but Williams isnt some sort of scrub just because he hasnt lived up to expectations yet. At the same time, lets not let summer league cause us to overhype Ndour beyond what he is. An undrafted rookie.

I think both should be on the team. But Williams is definitely the better player right now. He just is. Dont let overachieving/underachieving draft status skew that.

We gave him 2 years and $10 mil. If we had mortgaged our future in him like we did with Eddy Curry, id be singing a different tune. But I think signing him was a good calculated risk because of his potential And his relatively cheap cost ($5 mil this season is like $3 mil normally). Dude is still very young. We'll see how it plays out. I may end up hating dude, but ill give him the benefit of the doubt for now. Thats all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom