2016 Academy Awards/Oscars - Nominees Announced Today - February 28th

Just for that skit, Kenan really tried hard with that accent playing a NWA rapper :lol: :rofl:

I'm just wondering why they chose SAG instead of directly mocking the Oscars.

Not that the guild doesn't have mostly white members.

i guess they never got permission to mock the movies since they had to use fake names? 

Alot of great dialogue in here. Fact of the matter is, Jada wouldnt have said a word, if "Concussion" was nominated for something. I don't believe you can create another award show to rival the "Oscars", in terms of validity and credibility, and worth. Every time African Americans create something, people say its "Hood" or "Cheap". It's not respected at all by the masses. Why that is? Well, thats a whole 'mother discussion.

This is what needs to be done, Minorities have just got to push even harder for their work to be recognized. It will be acknowledged with work ethic and consistency. It's very sad to see Halle Berry be the only female of color to win Best Actress. David Owelyo (spellcheck) said it best. Minorities aren't really recognized for roles unless it fits their history or stereotype. Very true and i agree. We as minorities and people of color just need to fight and work a thousand times harder, so that our work is credible enough and legit enough to be undeniable and then we will see the shift in award winners.

how nick cannon come out with a verse that is better than 99.9% of modern rap

rap is garbage these days 

Alot of great dialogue in here. Fact of the matter is, Jada wouldnt have said a word, if "Concussion" was nominated for something. I don't believe you can create another award show to rival the "Oscars", in terms of validity and credibility, and worth. Every time African Americans create something, people say its "Hood" or "Cheap". It's not respected at all by the masses. Why that is? Well, thats a whole 'mother discussion.

This is what needs to be done, Minorities have just got to push even harder for their work to be recognized. It will be acknowledged with work ethic and consistency. It's very sad to see Halle Berry be the only female of color to win Best Actress. David Owelyo (spellcheck) said it best. Minorities aren't really recognized for roles unless it fits their history or stereotype. Very true and i agree. We as minorities and people of color just need to fight and work a thousand times harder, so that our work is credible enough and legit enough to be undeniable and then we will see the shift in award winners.

What? Excelling in something doesn't mean people won't deny you what you've earned. History has taught us that. You're preaching the same thing that's always been said. Working to be in the position to give the recognition is the better approach, but even that is harder said than done.

how nick cannon come out with a verse that is better than 99.9% of modern rap

rap is garbage these days 
Eh, you listening to the wrong rap.
probably true 
laugh.gif

i dont remember the last time I actively took time to find new (good) rap music 

Barkhad Abidi. Son got nominated by everybody for Captain Phillips. That being his first role. Didn't win an Oscar though. I forget his competition.

He was in one British thriller last year and some other movie I assume is Indie (since I can't find a link or much info) and he's set to be in one movie in 2016.

I don't think the Oscar nom helped his career that much so far.

Don't even think pursuing a career in acting was an intention.

Wasn't he a taxi driver in Michigan who was randomly pulled aside and asked if he was interested in the role? :lol: which is still crazy cool in itself.

Yeah him and his friends. Makes me think how many good character actors are out there like that who could just be plucked from the streets.

Barkhad Abidi. Son got nominated by everybody for Captain Phillips. That being his first role. Didn't win an Oscar though. I forget his competition.

He was in one British thriller last year and some other movie I assume is Indie (since I can't find a link or much info) and he's set to be in one movie in 2016.

I don't think the Oscar nom helped his career that much so far.

For Golden Globes:

Jared Leto - Dallas Buyers Club
Daniel Bruhl - Rush
Bradley cooper - American Hustle
Michael Fassbender - 12 years a slave

For Academy:

Same people except instead of Bruhl, Jonah Hill got nominated.

Anybody watching the SAG awards tomorrow? Should be a good foreshadow of the Oscars for the acting races.

Leo and Brie Larson won the other two "Oscar precursors", Critics Choice and Golden Globes. If they win tomorrow at SAG, they probably have the Oscars locked up too. Best ensemble should be interesting. Beasts of No Nation is nominated. Rooting for them

Anybody watching the SAG awards tomorrow? Should be a good foreshadow of the Oscars for the acting races.

Leo and Brie Larson won the other two "Oscar precursors", Critics Choice and Golden Globes. If they win tomorrow at SAG, they probably have the Oscars locked up too. Best ensemble should be interesting. Beasts of No Nation is nominated. Rooting for them
Even if Leo wins tomorrow night the Academy will still find a way to snuff him.

Wouldn't be a snuff though.

Wouldn't be a snuff though.
this 

Back
Top Bottom