2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, how is 300 plate appearances a small sample size?

Comparatively, sure.

But 300 of something is A LOT.

no not in baseball. 300 PA is small.

Would you give a guy a long term contract off of 300 PAs? no.

Guys can get 600 PA of luck let alone 300 PA.

Guys can get 600 PA of luck let alone 300 PA.
In the Post Season?
I was gonna say this but we talkin to a blue jays fan
laugh.gif
I was gonna give him the benefit of the doubt, but you're right
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

[quote name="Osh Kosh Bosh"][quote name="DarthSka"]Wait, how is 300 plate appearances a small sample size?

Comparatively, sure.

But 300 of something is A LOT.[/quote]

Guys can get 600 PA of luck let alone 300 PA.[/quote]Would I give a guy a contract off 300 PA?

No.

But if I'm the manager, is 300 PA enough to help me make a decision for one guy over another? Absolutely.

Is 300 PA a number that's going to make me just say, "Enh, only 300 PA? Not enough. Toss be some dice, since I literally have no idea who to send up to pinch hit right now. May as well toss the dice"?

No way.

In the Post Season?

I was gonna give him the benefit of the doubt, but you're right :lol: .

:pimp:

I'm not sure what being a bluejay fan has anything to do with it. Given what just happened if I was biased I would be arguing that bautista is clutch.

of course you can get luck in the post season, just because it's october doesn't make it immune to the randomness of baseball.

Joey Bats has 18 homers in the 7th or later....how is this not clutch?

Basbeall player who is good at home runs hits a lot of home runs.

FYI Fangraphs clutch stat (how much better or worse a player performs in high leverage situations) Bautistas been negative the past 2 years.

Last edited:
all these people arguing for the existence of clutch skill better be advocating hard for their squad to give Daniely Murphy a 15+ Mill a year. :lol:

Not going to lie, Pete talking about stealing signs and cheating... I'm sure I wasn't the only one like, "Uuuhhhhh :nerd: "

Last edited:
What is the "randomness of baseball?"

baseball is game that is subject to more randomness than any other sport, hard hit balls can land in gloves, soft grounders get squirt through holes.

Baseball has the most randomness, thats why you need 162 to figure out who should make the playoffs.

Not going to lie, Pete talking about stealing signs and cheating... I'm sure I wasn't the only one like, "Uuuhhhhh :nerd: "

Cheaitn is like the one constant in the history of the game.

I mean it's embedded in every era.

It's a game of cheaters.

Last edited:
all these people arguing for the existence of clutch skill better be advocating hard for their squad to give Daniely Murphy a 15+ Mill a year. :lol:

murphy has one stretch of games...and i don't even know if half those homers are "clutch".

david ortiz has a "clutch" factor. murphy ain't even close to anything like that

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom