2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ******* hate when they do that. A mystery team so when a team comes out of nowhere, they can take credit. ESPN and most of their talent are the worst. Look at Pedro Gomez and ESPN trying to take credit for Rosenthal breaking that Arizona was the likely destination for Greinke. They got ABUSED. I don't respect Stark as it is, that just lowers the bar even more.

I ******* hate when they do that. A mystery team so when a team comes out of nowhere, they can take credit. ESPN and most of their talent are the worst. Look at Pedro Gomez and ESPN trying to take credit for Rosenthal breaking that Arizona was the likely destination for Greinke. They got ABUSED. I don't respect Stark as it is, that just lowers the bar even more.

Yeah for the most part it's garbage "reporting". Any enticing words to get more clicks and nothing proves to be true.

Youre such a ****** softy jansen
it's pathetic he's not even a top 5 closer, he has no right to be mad someone better than him is on the team, taking his job. it isn't like storen and papelbon when both guys were equals and the newcomer was a perpetual clubhouse cancer.

This is the thing no one ever said chap is taking his job, but hes already pouting and dragging his feet around.

They have the potential to be the sickest duo in the pen.

it's pathetic he's not even a top 5 closer, he has no right to be mad someone better than him is on the team, taking his job. it isn't like storen and papelbon when both guys were equals and the newcomer was a perpetual clubhouse cancer.
That's debatable. Jansen is definitely in the conversation for Top 5. 3rd highest K/9 among closers while leading in BB/9. 6th in WAR among closers as well. The guy is nasty.

Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 4m4 minutes ago
Ben Zobrist has a four-year, $80 million offer on the table. The #Mets still considered favorites to ultimately land him.

Word. That'd be a steeeep price for him. However, they said no way Shark would get $100M and he got $90M...number might not be that far off.

I would 99% guarantee that he provides enough value at the front end of that deal to ease the pain of the last year or year and a half of that deal. Zobrist will always be criminally underrated. I don't think people realize you're talking about probably the 2nd best hitting 2nd baseman in the game and unless the knee injury flares up, he's gonna keep doing it.

Y'all need to realize that average players are going to be getting 10-15 million a year now, so 20 for Zobrist isn't that outrageous :lol:

And I hate using the term "top X closer". KJ is a very good pitcher.

Zobrist picking between Mets and Cubs!!!

And Olney suggesting that a Starlin for Gardner trade might happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom