2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were Murph I would've done the same thing.. We treated him like ****, and made no effort to keep him even though he made it obvious that he wanted to stay. We've had a terrible offseason so far IMO

We're not looking that great over here in Dodgertown

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You guys seen the "best fans in baseball" Twitter account? Went wild after Heyward signed with the Cubs
laugh.gif
Ahh Cardinals

SO CLASSY

BEST FANS IN BASEBALL

laugh.gif

3yrs/$37M for Murphy. I'm not angry at that price. Or maybe I'm trying to justify the move in my head.

Very shocked to hear about Murphy. Received many text messages. Nationals fans will love Murphy. A hard worker and a great stable hitter.

Happy Holidays y'all.

3yrs/$37M for Murphy. I'm not angry at that price. Or maybe I'm trying to justify the move in my head.
na that's a good deal at that price
If I were Murph I would've done the same thing.. We treated him like ****, and made no effort to keep him even though he made it obvious that he wanted to stay. We've had a terrible offseason so far IMO
Nowhere near a terrible offseason. We're getting the same output at second and saved $2 million in the process by unloading Niese who has been a depreciating asset. We added competent major leaguers to our bench. Just need to add a reliever and ideally bring back Cespedes.

Last edited:
It wouldnt be Christmas without the ridiculous GOAT stat of the week.....

Only once did Barry Bonds finish a season with an OPS under 1.000 from 1992-2007. He finished with a .9993 OPS in 2006, the year he turned 42.

Merry Christmas S&T MLB thread regulars! Hope you are enjoying the day with your loved ones.

Last edited:
It wouldnt be Christmas without the ridiculous GOAT stat of the week.....

Only once did Barry Bonds finished a season with an OPS under 1.000 from 1992-2007. He finished with a .9993 OPS in 2006, the year he turned 42.

Merry Christmas S&T MLB thread regulars! Hope you are enjoying the day with your loved ones.
on of my all time favorites.

Dude was amazing before PED allegations and extraordinary after.

Sold price on Murphy but the guy is a one tool player, Mets need players that can tun the double play.

Sad to see him go but outside of hitting, awful base runner, mediocre defensively, frustrating to watch when he is not at the plate.

I'm personally fine with the first round pick at this point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom