2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bagwell would have been an easy HOF candidate if his shoulder survived another 2 years... He was such a damn good player that got stung by injuries... His numbers from 94-04 were constant top 3 MVP numbers...

He should be in the HOF anyways.

He was a better player in his prime than Biggio.

Not arguing that fact... But 2 years at 25hr would give him 500 even... That's a much more attractive number for some voters... But new voting rules this year... Let's week what happens...

I'm pulling for Bonds and Clemens...

I'm honesty ready for Spring Training already
laugh.gif
Ever been?

Friends and coworkers always say they have a blast but Im skeptical.  I'll just alway compare it to Vegas Summer League and wish I was back in MGM playing craps with the Morris twins.  
I have gone every year since I was 5 years old, and it absolutely IS a blast.  It is a lot more trendy to do now, so its harder to get the super up close access to the players like it was in the past.  But it is a really, really fun time.

However, I am a baseball nerd so I do Spring Training a little different than most.  I don't go just to see our Giants.  I go to multiple games a day.  I don't care if I am seeing the Mariners versus the Indians or an actual marquee matchup.  I love hitting a day game and then a night game.  Its like heaven. 
laugh.gif

Only once have I gone to Spring Training to party, which I did for a friend's bachelor party.  I will tell you that Scottsdale CRACKS.  It was a ton of fun.  Bars packed with beautiful women.  Really fun time bro.  Don't remember much of that weekend though.

Jack Curry Verified account  ‏@JackCurryYES · 3m3 minutes ago
Hearing Yankees will give up 4 minor league players for Chapman. But none from elite group of Sanchez, Judge, Mateo, Bird, etc.

If this is true, what a steal for Yankees

Just gotta beat up on the Yankees wack *** starting pitching so you don't have to see those 3 come out of the BP and shut everything down :lol:

Jon Heyman said he doesn't think Chapman will serve a suspension due to a lack of evidence and witnesses. Love the moves we made this offseason. Get rid of a Gardner now.

I have gone every year since I was 5 years old, and it absolutely IS a blast.  It is a lot more trendy to do now, so its harder to get the super up close access to the players like it was in the past.  But it is a really, really fun time.

However, I am a baseball nerd so I do Spring Training a little different than most.  I don't go just to see our Giants.  I go to multiple games a day.  I don't care if I am seeing the Mariners versus the Indians or an actual marquee matchup.  I love hitting a day game and then a night game.  Its like heaven. 
laugh.gif

Only once have I gone to Spring Training to party, which I did for a friend's bachelor party.  I will tell you that Scottsdale CRACKS.  It was a ton of fun.  Bars packed with beautiful women.  Really fun time bro.  Don't remember much of that weekend though.
pimp.gif

Gotta make it down there this spring.  When you're heading down there shoot me a PM and hopefully our paths cross.  First couple rounds are on me. 

Jon Heyman said he doesn't think Chapman will serve a suspension due to a lack of evidence and witnesses. Love the moves we made this offseason. Get rid of a Gardner now.

Can't unless they get a great return of an MLB ready player.

Chapman move aside, Yankees are no better than they were last year. Likely worse.

Hoping Teix & A-Rod stay healthy and produce all year, unlikely. Praying Ellsbury & Gardner stay healthy, and if they don't we're screwed because neither does well coming back after missing considerable time. Hoping Tanaka & Pineda still stay healthy.

So Gardner can't be moved, unless you get a good return.

I like Castro and Chapman, but there's still a lot of question marks across this team. Yeah you need just 5.1 innings from your starter now, but meh.

Still think Yankees should think about going after Upton or Cespedes, and then trade away Gardner.

5 years for either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom