2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 votes
roll.gif
so weak 
mean.gif

giphy.gif

Get outta here with that :wow: .

Griffey and Piazza :pimp: if it had to be just two this year, I'm glad it was them. SMFH tho that three tools didn't vote for Ken. What kind of BS is that. The only explanation I can come up with is that three people knew he'd get in and they strategically didn't vote for him so they could vote for someone more in need of the votes (like Moose or Raines). That's the only acceptable rationale. But still think it's just a troll job. Only chance left for a unanimous vote is Mariano, but who knows anymore.

Well deserved for Piazza as well. Greatest hitting catcher of all time. Wonder how he would have faired if he was in the A.L. earlier than his time with the A's.

I think and hope Mussina will get in one day. Truly hard to overlook his stats being that he, for one, pitched his entire career in the tough A.L. East and was 30 wins shy of 300 in the steroid era.

Last edited:
Not surprised to see Griffey get in but very surprised at the number. After Ripken, Henderson and Nolan Ryan didnt get 100 percent, I didnt think what Griffey got was attainable. Never forget when a voter said about Henderson -- I knew he was going to get in, but I felt I had to make sure he didnt get 100 percent so I didnt vote for him. I had to protect the integrity of the hall of fame.

I guess Lee Smith is never going to get in. He was the man in his prime. Taking his time to get to the mound from the dugout was always good.

No Bagwell and Raines? Smh.

Ken Rosenthal made a good point about whoever didn't vote for Griffey may have been using their vote to vote someone else in that wasn't already a guarantee for the hall. If the voters who passed on Griffey did so under those pretenses, I have zero issues with it. If they chose to not vote Griffey in since no one has ever been unanimous, well, **** em.

Dan LeBatard said he didn't vote for Griffey.. But I think he just likes trolling everyone because he lost his vote last year if I'm not mistaken.

Ken Griffey Jr was the reason I got into baseball as a young kid, my favorite player and in my opinion the best all around player ever.

I wish there was a legit video of his top 10 catches out there somewhere.

Who remembers that movie Little Big League? When Ken snags the homer at the end... So dope.

What I learned today:
3 voters need to have their privileges permanently revoked.

If Griff and Piazza are in, Bonds, McGwire and Sammy need to be in.

But, I think they all need to be. Rose, Palmeiro, Clemens, etc. *shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom