2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I learned today:
3 voters need to have their privileges permanently revoked.
Here's the thing if they left him off to vote for Mike Messina instead I'm fine with it. If they left him off because no one has been unanimous then that's petty bs.

If Griff and Piazza are in, Bonds, McGwire and Sammy need to be in.

But, I think they all need to be. Rose, Palmeiro, Clemens, etc. *shrugs*
let them all in you still gotta perform. Baseball has revolved around cheating one way or another.

If Griff and Piazza are in, Bonds, McGwire and Sammy need to be in.

But, I think they all need to be. Rose, Palmeiro, Clemens, etc. *shrugs*

Sosa is the lowest of the three, and I mean way low on the percentile.

Don't think he has any real shot. At least Barry and Mac are still affiliated with the league; Sosa is probably bleaching his body again somewhere.

They all should be in.

I'm happy that at least Piazza got in. It bodes well for Bagwell and Raines that they will get in next year.

They all should be in.

I'm happy that at least Piazza got in. It bodes well for Bagwell and Raines that they will get in next year.

Bagwell was 15 votes shy this year. I think next year he'll definitely get in. The 2017 class is going to be probably 4-5 guys.

SI knew the deal 22 years ago -

!Bu0W)u!BWk~$(KGrHqV,!ikEv1+0GqzyBMB7zmEVP!~~_35.JPG
:smokin

Getting an increasing number of votes every year is so stupid. You're either good enough to get in or you aren't, making people wait is so stupid 
mean.gif

Getting an increasing number of votes every year is so stupid. You're either good enough to get in or you aren't, making people wait is so stupid :smh:

Smoltz (think it was him) said "No one asks 'what year did you get in'" . I agree with both him and you though.

Smoltz (think it was him) said "No one asks 'what year did you get in'" . I agree with both him and you though.
Well I agree with that.

There is just a huge logic flaw on not being good enough in year 1, but you're good enough in year 2-15 
laugh.gif

The history of the whole first ballot nthing is about up there with the unwritten rules of baseball in terms of non-sense 
laugh.gif

Piazza's 1997 season :x :smokin

152 G, 104 R, 201 H, 32 2B, 40 HR, 124 RBI, .362 BA, .638 SLG, 185 OPS+

Coming around the bend for HOF:

Vlad Guerrero
Jorge Posada
Manny Ramirez
Pudge Rodriguez
Magglio Ordonez

Chipper Jones
Jim Thome
Scott Rolen
Andruw Jones
Omar Vizquel
Johnny Damon

Mariano Rivera
Roy Halladay
Todd Helton
Andy Pettite
Lance Berkman
Roy Oswalt

Piazza's 1997 season :x :smokin

Vlad Guerrero
Jorge Posada
Manny Ramirez
Pudge Rodriguez
Magglio Ordonez

Chipper Jones
Jim Thome
Scott Rolen
Andruw Jones
Omar Vizquel
Johnny Damon

Mariano Rivera
Roy Halladay
Todd Helton
Andy Pettite
Lance Berkman
Roy Oswalt

Like I said last night, I wonder how Piazza would much better he would have faired if he was ever in the A.L. (way) earlier than his stop in Oakland.

2017 Vlad and Pudge?

2018 I definitely see Chipper, Thome and Vizquel.

2019 Mariano first ballot, Halladay and Helton have a case. Pettitte is a lock too, even with the roid admittance.

That tells me that if Curt/Moose/Hoffman/Billy don't get in the next two years, it's gonna get iffy for them in 2019.

I see 9 HOF'ers there :nerd:

Last edited:
Piazza's 1997 season
sick.gif
smokin.gif

Vlad Guerrero
Jorge Posada
Manny Ramirez

Pudge Rodriguez
Magglio Ordonez

Chipper Jones
Jim Thome
Scott Rolen
Andruw Jones
Omar Vizquel
Johnny Damon

Mariano Rivera
Roy Halladay
Todd Helton
Andy Pettite
Lance Berkman
Roy Oswalt

Doc's a definite HOFer in my eyes. To put up the numbers he did with some pretty bad Jays squads along with his consistency...The WS run solidified it as mentioned above. Just wish he had gotten that ring :smh:. Dude really threw a no hitter in his first post season start :pimp:

Last edited:
******* Doug Gottlieb made a comment yesterday that Bonds sold his soul, doing PEDs when his career started to fall apart, to save his legacy. Ummmm, Bonds was a first ballot HOFer before the PEDs :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom