2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bonds would be getting in faster, as would Rocket, if they would stop lying to the public and acting like children. It's pretty much as simple as that.

You want in on the HOF, you gotta stop acting like we are all idiots and finally own up to what you did. Maybe it "didn't help you." Fair enough. But stop lying and telling us you "did nothing."

That's just IMO though and I don't have a problem if people say they should be in regardless of the lies (and usage).

Last edited:
Only a Yankees fan could so off-handily say something so untrue as "Pettitte's a lock" when he shouldn't even come close to touching the hall :lol:

I'm just devastated we will be robbed by the greatness that would be the Manny Ramirez HOF speech...**** Old Baseball *****

Last edited:
Only a Yankees fan could so off-handily say something so untrue as "Pettitte's a lock" when he shouldn't even come close to touching the hall :lol:

:nerd: Maybe "lock" was a bit of a stretch, but how can you say the idea is "something so untrue" .

Piazza's 1997 season :x :smokin

152 G, 104 R, 201 H, 32 2B, 40 HR, 124 RBI, .362 BA, .638 SLG, 185 OPS+

Coming around the bend for HOF:

Vlad Guerrero
Jorge Posada

Manny Ramirez

Pudge Rodriguez
Magglio Ordonez

Chipper Jones

Jim Thome
Scott Rolen

Andruw Jones

Omar Vizquel
Johnny Damon

Mariano Rivera
Roy Halladay
Todd Helton

Andy Pettite
Lance Berkman

Roy Oswalt

I agree with these. A few of them, I would have to look up stats. Andruw Jones was so damn good. He's underrated.

Last edited:
Damn, gonna miss Span. Solid player, his hip must be feeling better to get a three year deal.

Span, Pagan, Pence

The all DL outfield

Healthy that's a nice trio but they're all due to miss at least 40 games a year.

Last edited:
Span, Pagan, Pence

The all DL outfield

Healthy that's a nice trio but they're all due to miss at least 40 games a year.

Pagan falls under that catagory but I believe Pence should be fine if he sits out games here and there and Span I think will have some games out, but not 40.

I've completely softened my stance over the years.

Numbers get you in.

Pete, Barry, Alex, Roger, Mark

We need to stop romanticizing a league built on racism, spitballs, stealing signs, corked bats, pine tar, and Eight Men Out.

Last edited:

Numbers get you in.

We need to stop romanticizing a game built on spitballs, stealing signs, corked bats, pine tar, and Eight Men Out.
Same here, I bet there's hella people that played dirty in the HOF.

Numbers get you in.

We need to stop romanticizing a game built on spitballs, stealing signs, corked bats, pine tar, and Eight Men Out.

Somehow those are more romantic ways of cheating (besides the gambling)

Johnny Damon? :rofl:

Johnny Damon has a lot better numbers than I think you realize... Nearly 2800 hits in your career is really Damn impressive... Not saying he's a HOF'er, but he's certainly not instantly dismissed...

With all this steroid era hall talk,you guys think Papi makes it? I feel he's earned it
F david Ortiz

G2-Ortiz-Slam.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom