2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he has a few HR's? He's a goddamn .183 hitter :lol: he's not even the best in his own division as sad as that is.

Just get with the times already. The AL would add a 2nd DH before they ever got rid of it. The whole "history of the game/integrity of the game/more strategic" argument isn't accurate and kinda needs to go :lol:

If Ces goes to the Nats.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA. I don't want to see it happen but Mets fans will be destroyed.

I wouldn't be mad if the Yankees got him but he's streaky and there's been a lot of rumors about him having issues in the locker room. Don't think the Yankees want any of that.

Happy that Chapman is straight. Gotta thank the Dodgers and Reds for that one.

Because he has a few HR's? He's a goddamn .183 hitter
laugh.gif
he's not even the best in his own division as sad as that is.

Just get with the times already. The AL would add a 2nd DH before they ever got rid of it. The whole "history of the game/integrity of the game/more strategic" argument isn't accurate and kinda needs to go
laugh.gif
I actually am lessening on my stance against the DH coming to the National League.....but I dont understand how you can say the "makes the game more strategic" argument isnt accurate.  How many double switches happen in the American League?  How many pinch hitters get opportunities in the American League in general for that matter?  How often do American League managers have to strategize when he is going to take a pitcher out for any reason aside from how the pitcher is doing or who is coming up to face him?

It is undeniable that having the pitcher bat in the National League adds an exponential amount of more strategy.  As someone who knows the game like you do Pro, I am shocked that you could think otherwise.

He's the type of player I see packing it in after getting his money. Taking that into consideration and his streaky hitting/subpar defense in CF, I'd rather the Nats save that money and use it at the deadline if need be. The Mets sign him and they're hamstrung for the season.

It's a chance we need to take since there's no better options out there and this is a win now team. But those are my concerns as well.

Last edited:
Crazy that the Yankees havent signed anyone in free agency. These arent the Bronx Bombers I have grown up to hate! Haha

Crazy that the Yankees havent signed anyone in free agency. These arent the Bronx Bombers I have grown up to hate! Haha

It's even worse when you hear that Nats are going to defer a chunk of the $100mil if they get Cespedes.

At this point it makes perfect sense. Trade Gardner for whatever. Completely offset it, Pay him $15mil the first 3 years. Which is what Gardner gets, and Cespedes > Gardner. Stick him in LF, then the last 2 years move him to DH and pay him $17.5mil. And defer the last $20mil over a number of years.

Last edited:
Because he has a few HR's? He's a goddamn .183 hitter :lol: he's not even the best in his own division as sad as that is.

Just get with the times already. The AL would add a 2nd DH before they ever got rid of it. The whole "history of the game/integrity of the game/more strategic" argument isn't accurate and kinda needs to go :lol:

I actually am lessening on my stance against the DH coming to the National League.....but I dont understand how you can say the "makes the game more strategic" argument isnt accurate.  How many double switches happen in the American League?  How many pinch hitters get opportunities in the American League in general for that matter?  How often do American League managers have to strategize when he is going to take a pitcher out for any reason aside from how the pitcher is doing or who is coming up to face him?

It is undeniable that having the pitcher bat in the National League adds an exponential amount of more strategy.  As someone who knows the game like you do Pro, I am shocked that you could think otherwise.

Nah, you're right, I was just being dramatic :lol:

I get to thinking about Wang getting hurt, then Wang not winning a Cy, then Wang not getting in done in the post season...and I'm finished being rational :lol:

It's even worse when you hear that Nats are going to defer a chunk of the $100mil if they get Cespedes.

At this point it makes perfect sense. Trade Gardner for whatever. Completely offset it, Pay him $15mil the first 3 years. Which is what Gardner gets, and Cespedes > Gardner. Stick him in LF, then the last 2 years move him to DH and pay him $17.5mil. And defer the last $20mil over a number of years.

This is what I came in to post.

Just heard Mets fans crying about how he should take a 3 year deal. 30 years old, 5/100 isn't a long deal at all. I think that's more than fair. How many deals are out there paying a player until they're 38-40? Ces will be fine at 35 years old. I wanted the Mets to get him but that ****** fanbase crying about money like their owners, **** them. I think the Yankees should go get him for 5/100. Great outfielder, a lot of power. He'll eat in Yankee stadium. Trade Gardner asap. I think you do it. 5/80 mil, 5/90 might get it done. I think he takes a little less to stay in NY than go to DC.

Nah, you're right, I was just being dramatic :lol:

I get to thinking about Wang getting hurt, then Wang not winning a Cy, then Wang not getting in done in the post season...and I'm finished being rational :lol:

Overall in 2006, Wang limited batters to a .211 batting average while games were tied, and a .205 batting average in games that were late and close. The Tampa Bay Devil Rays batted just .159 against him, losing three out of four games to the Yankees that Wang pitched. Wang was effective despite the lowest strikeout rate in the majors (3.14 strikeouts per nine innings and 76 strikeouts overall),[5] thanks in part to his allowing the fewest home runs per nine innings (0.5).[5] Wang also led the league in ground ball percentage (62.8%)[6] and obtained 2.84 groundouts for every fly ball out.

At the end of the season, Wang finished second to Johan Santana in voting for the Cy Young award. Wang collected 15 second-place votes, and 51 points. He also received a ninth-place vote, good for two points, in the AL MVP balloting, won by Justin Morneau. In MLB.com's This Year in Baseball Awards, he was chosen as the top starter in 2006 season with more than 47% of the fan vote.[7]

C&P from his Wiki page. Wang was the man for a bit.

He was, I hope I didn't come off like I thought he was bad :lol: that injury changed his whole career is what I was getting at. You remember when he came back? I think he opened up the new stadium. He had like a 40 ERA through 2 starts, I'm pretty sure he started that 22-4 Cleveland drubbing.

Don't get me started on that 06 Morneau robbery :lol:

Last edited:
He was, I hope I didn't come off like I thought he was bad :lol: that injury changed his whole career is what I was getting at. You remember when he came back? I think he opened up the new stadium. He had like a 40 ERA through 2 starts, I'm pretty sure he started that 22-4 Cleveland drubbing.

Don't get me started on that 06 Morneau robbery :lol:

Ha nope, I didn't take it as you were writing him off. I remember he took a perfecto into the 8th one start too. Injury occurred from rounding the bases in Houston right?

If we're gonna talk robbery.. Angel Berroa over Hideki for ROY :x .

Yep, hurt his right foot. Hank was not pleased :lol:

I was never too upset about that one because I honestly thought Baldelli should have won it :lol:

I was never too upset about that one because I honestly thought Baldelli should have won it :lol:

Wow, I can't believe I remembered his first name was Rocco right away. Like, as soon as I read Baldelli I didn't even hesistate.

Blast from the past. Didn't know he is the Rays 1B coach til just now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom