2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upopular opinion.

Having Pitchers hit IS stupid...

but I don't want it to change. I enjoy the absurdity of two conferences in the same league having different rules. There is something about it that is quintessentially baseball. :lol:

It's those stupid idiosyncrasies that make baseball unique.

So in this one scenario I'm in favor for continuing to do something that is undeniably stupid.

Last edited:
Angel Berroa
eek.gif

Rocco Baldelli
eek.gif

haven't heard those names in yeeears
roll.gif

THROWBACK 
eek.gif

I was never too upset about that one because I honestly thought Baldelli should have won it :lol:

Wow, I can't believe I remembered his first name was Rocco right away. Like, as soon as I read Baldelli I didn't even hesistate.

Blast from the past. Didn't know he is the Rays 1B coach til just now.

Rocco is one of the few guys I ever feel bad for in sports... They STILL haven't figured out what's wrong with him...

I was never too upset about that one because I honestly thought Baldelli should have won it :lol:

Wow, I can't believe I remembered his first name was Rocco right away. Like, as soon as I read Baldelli I didn't even hesistate.

Rocco is one of the few guys I ever feel bad for in sports... They STILL haven't figured out what's wrong with him...

Damn :frown: iirc it was his back or shoulder? Like it was some random degenerative or autoimmune thing?

Damn :frown: iirc it was his back or shoulder? Like it was some random degenerative or autoimmune thing?

Yeah some sorts degenerative type thing... Iirc he would get super exhausted quickly and would take forever to gain his stamina back...

Mets will be paying Cespedes more than $23M next year. They're pretty much done for moves in 2016 now. I like that.

Edit: $27.5M for one year to be exact.

Last edited:
Perfect deal, especially with the opt out

No long term commitment, will have the full lineup from day 1 and not half a season.

3/75, Mets really couldn't just go 5/100 at that point? Hahahah, what a joke. Hope he bounces after one year. 35 isn't old at all.

This is just an audition year for the fat contract. He about to ball out
I don't understand this logic. He just had his best season ever and no one was willing to give him a huge deal. So after this year, where I doubt he'll put up numbers as good as last year, he's gonna get bigger offers at age 31? Sure, the OF market for next year is thin, but it's kinda clear that teams don't wanna invest that much in him. The Nats deal wasn't even a "big" deal considering it was structured around heavy deferrals.

This is just an audition year for the fat contract. He about to ball out
I don't understand this logic. He just had his best season ever and no one was willing to give him a huge deal. So after this year, where I doubt he'll put up numbers as good as last year, he's gonna get bigger offers at age 31? Sure, the OF market for next year is thin, but it's kinda clear that teams don't wanna invest that much in him. The Nats deal wasn't even a "big" deal considering it was structured around heavy deferrals.

He didn't play a full season in the NL. Please believe if he opts out in one year he's getting a better contract

Last edited:
Very surprised all it took was $75M. Dependent on how his 2016 campaign goes, I can see him just staying in Queens for the full contract.

'U.S. Attorney suggests password Cardinals used to access Astros scouting database was “Eckstein123"'

pretty scrappy password :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom