2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd hit Werth leadoff

444 ABs hitting leadoff for the Nats since 2012.

.278/.363/.452/.815 slash line in those ABs. He works the count and grinds out ABs. I'll take that out of the leadoff spot.

Yeah, man...If that's the best option, that's what I take. Lots of teams try and force feed a leadoff player just cause of speed or what not, but forget all that...Unless you have someone that can get to 1st base constantly and has speed to boot, I don't mind an unorthodox route. Get someone there who can hit a damn baseball through a hole one time out of every three.

Last edited:
444 ABs hitting leadoff for the Nats since 2012.

.278/.363/.452/.815 slash line in those ABs. He works the count and grinds out ABs. I'll take that out of the leadoff spot.

Majority of that work was done from '12-'14, no? Sprinkle in some games in September from last season as well. Werth hasn't been formidable since then really.. I hear ya though, he's got a nice track record leading off

Last edited:
Majority of it in '12, didn't hit leadoff in '13/'14 and then I think from August on he hit leadoff last year. The reason I'd like to see him do it again is because he'll stop trying to be $126M man Werth and just relax and play baseball. It's painfully obvious he's trying to hold on to the old him when in reality just cutting back and using the skills he has left would help him fare better.

Really did have a feeling the Twins would start out and potentially be like this for this season, but they still showing the heart of yore. :pimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom