2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many people on twitter talking about the Angels and how they should trade Trout but can anyone come up with the prospects to get it done?
I like to be contrarian but with reason. Angels should strongly consider trading Trout for a monster haul of prospects. Angels' farm system is incredibly barren. Jahmai Jones who is exceptionally athletic and Taylor Ward, who you guys took 26th overall in the most recent draft.

There are a couple teams who have the young assets to get a deal done, should Billy Eppler so choose.

Red Sox: Betts, Moncada, Owens, Castillo, Benintendi, Espinoza, Devers.

Dodgers: Urias, Joc, Seager, Verdugo, De Leon/Montas/Holmes.

Rangers: Mazara, Odor, Gallo, Brinson, Matuella/Ortiz/Tate.

Twins: Buxton, Sano, Berrios, Kepler, Stewart, Gordon/Polanco.

Pirates: Polanco, Glasnow, Taillon, Bell, Meadows.

Allow me to offer up:
Soler RF/LF/DH
Torres SS
Jimenez RF
Almora CF
Voglebach 1B/DH
Edwards P
Johnson P

Still have Happ, EJM, Candelario, Stinnett, Cease, Alcantara, McKinney, Dewees if more parts required.

Basically anyone but Contreras, need him to replace Ross next year.

Something could be worked out, if LA was willing to actually pull the trigger.

But they won't. Trout will drown out there. :smh:

You have a chnce to get the best player in baseball and you have a player you're not willing to give up. And the Angels are the unreasonable ones :lol:

Last edited:
Colon HR made my night :lol: he's such a gem. Moments like that is why I love baseball.

So many people on twitter talking about the Angels and how they should trade Trout but can anyone come up with the prospects to get it done?
I like to be contrarian but with reason. Angels should strongly consider trading Trout for a monster haul of prospects. Angels' farm system is incredibly barren. Jahmai Jones who is exceptionally athletic and Taylor Ward, who you guys took 26th overall in the most recent draft.

There are a couple teams who have the young assets to get a deal done, should Billy Eppler so choose.

Red Sox: Betts, Moncada, Owens, Castillo, Benintendi, Espinoza, Devers.

Dodgers: Urias, Joc, Seager, Verdugo, De Leon/Montas/Holmes.

Rangers: Mazara, Odor, Gallo, Brinson, Matuella/Ortiz/Tate.

Twins: Buxton, Sano, Berrios, Kepler, Stewart, Gordon/Polanco.

Pirates: Polanco, Glasnow, Taillon, Bell, Meadows.

Allow me to offer up:
Soler RF/LF/DH
Torres SS
Jimenez RF
Almora CF
Voglebach 1B/DH
Edwards P
Johnson P

Still have Happ, EJM, Candelario, Stinnett, Cease, Alcantara, McKinney, Dewees if more parts required.

But they won't. Trout will drown out there. :smh:

You have a chnce to get the best player in baseball and you have a player you're not willing to give up. And the Angels are the unreasonable ones :lol:

Was going to post the exact same thing. SMH

I really think it would take more than prospects to get Trout. You'd have to give up some young established big leaguers too :lol:

Troy Tulowitzki was traded to Toronto on July 28, 2015. Since then:

Tulo: 308 PA, .210/.295/.353, 78 K
Didi: 337 PA, .273/.323/.391, 51 K

[emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji]

Allow me to offer up:
Soler RF/LF/DH
Torres SS
Jimenez RF
Almora CF
Voglebach 1B/DH
Edwards P
Johnson P

Embarrassment of riches. You didn't even mention my favorite pitching prospect in your farm system. Duane Underwood, and you know how much I loved C.J. Edwards. High-octane FB and dominant curve. Changeup will be his third pitch. Just needs more consistency with secondary pitches, command, and conditioning. Underwood has top-of-the-line #2 starter potential (if not back-end #1). Especially with the late bite on his fastball.

You don't trade the best player in baseball when he's under control for five years at a reasonable price.
Hate to say it, Frank, but the Angels really need to consider it. Arizona could very well be enduring the same difficult possibility with Goldy in the near future. Angels by far have the worst farm system in all of professional baseball, and perhaps even the worst in recent memory. Their best prospect, catcher Taylor Ward is fringe top 10 in all twenty-nine other farm systems. Trades have gutted their young talent. There's nothing to build on in the minors.

I honestly don't know this, am wondering if any of you might.

How many jerseys/pants/hats they use in a season? Are they brand new every game, or couple a week, how's it work?

Cuz no way they just wash them, some of them are completely filthy after a game but every game starts with pristine uni's.

I thought they did do a lot of washing and don't go through as many as we think

obviously use Tide

Last edited:
They must have amazing washing machines then. :lol:

I get a smudge on a white shirt, bleach it, still there. They gettin layers and layers of dirt? How? :lol:

They do use industrial machines. I've seen some show on it during a rain delay

And you need to step your pretreat game up :lol:

#Braves are now 1-15 at home this #MLB season
mean.gif

Allow me to offer up:
Soler RF/LF/DH
Torres SS
Jimenez RF
Almora CF
Voglebach 1B/DH
Edwards P
Johnson P

But they won't. Trout will drown out there.
mean.gif
The Braves have a lot of top prospects to trade for Trout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom