2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the Nats SS woes have been ongoing for a while now.
Espinosa isn't a good offensive player, however he's getting hurt by an awful BABIP so far. With his defense, if he can get his BABIP to his career norm and hit around .230-.240 with pop I don't have a problem with him at SS.

Our CF situation has been brutal. Revere getting hurt on the first swing of the season was a big blow because he was raking in ST. Michael Taylor just looks awful and sitting on the bench everyday isn't helping.

Mike Rizzo apparently isn't sold with Turner's defense at SS. Turner is a pretty great athlete who can fly. Moving him to CF could potentially solve a big problem. If Desmond can play CF, I have no doubt Turner could do it.

Since when did Dusty become the GM? :lol:

They need to send Turner down and have him learn to play CF.

I'm sorry, bro. The only way learning a new position would be reasonable is if he's being blocked. Like if the Nats already had a stud shortstop who had SS on lock. THE CURRENT SHORTSTOP IS HITTING .196! My apologies. This subject gets me heated. All reports I see from Syracuse are that his defense is adequate.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, bro. The only way learning a new position would be reasonable is if he's being blocked. Like if the Nats already had a stud shortstop who had SS on lock. THE CURRENT SHORTSTOP IS HITTING .196! My apologies. This subject gets me heated. All reports I see from Syracuse are that his defense is adequate.
No worries :lol: Everyone sees things differently. Espinosa is the 4th best defensive SS in the bigs by many defensive metrics. His hard hit ball % is up while his BABIP is way down. I think those things will even out as the season goes along.

I'm not sure how to feel about Turner's defense. He's made a bunch of errors in Syracuse, granted he's playing on a minor league field...but with Turner up we'd be extremely weak up the middle. Murphy and Ben Revere are butchers in the field. Espinosa is hands down the best defender on the team. If his BABIP corrects to normal he's extremely valuable at SS. Just my opinion. I love Turner on the bases and at the plate, but right now I'm not sure he's the best option for where the team is.

Eventually Zim will get hurt and we can slide Murphy to 1B and plug in Turner at 2B which would be ideal IMO.

If the Astros fight back and make the playoffs. Altuve should be MVP because he's going to a main reason. He's just really good.

Last edited:
If the Astros fight back and make the playoffs. Altuve should be MVP because he's going to a main reason. He's just really good.
moving Springer to the leadoff spot really changed our season around thus far. i think he also has the highest WAR so far in the majors

Rasmus
mean.gif

Correa
mean.gif

nthat.gif

Welcome to life!
Thanks fam!!!

Gonna be an intimidating and tough job hunt, but life's been too big of a blessing to be discouraged

Low key excited to be back in the Bay for A's games 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Congrats to nom and others who graduate

Kershaw :x

So filthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom