2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This goes back to last season, too. Ventura plunked him.

Manny's rep took a hit due to what happened in Oakland a couple seasons back, but his reaction last night was totally justified.

It will never happen, but Ventura deserves more games than Manny.
Ventura will probably get sent down, he really sucks right now. Adam Jones' quotes were nice. I still think Manny instigated everything last night, and I did see the plunking from last year...wasn't anything malicious. Machado and Harper and all these young guys think everyone is out to get them when they get plunked when that's not always the case. I like Machado but he's a hothead who loves to get involved.

Was just thinking how important Beltran has been to the Yankees offense this season, and then it came to mind how much of a blur his stint with the Giants was.

hi-res-124955806_crop_north.jpg

I asked myself, how did he even wind up in San Fran? And then I realized the Mets traded him there for Zack Wheeler *Weebaygif*

Last edited:
I didn't see the clips but if Ventura really did throw at Machado 2 times earlier in the game before hitting him, **** that, dude deserved to get knocked out. He's a punk.

I still like the Royals.

Made my day that Thor went up and in on Escobar.
And Mets fans on Twitter were wondering why Noah got tossed for throwing behind Utley. The guy has said in the media that he'll come in on you and to meet him out in front of the mound if they don't like it :lol:. Did they not expect anything to happen when a guy who has hit less than 5 people in his career misses that badly on the most hated guy in the stadium?
Only problem is the umpires had a congregation before the series started and specifically said issue a warning when that happens but do NOT throw anyone out right away. That schmuck umpire who didn't belong in the big leagues didn't follow through on what his superiors directed him to do.

Last edited:
Yordano 
roll.gif

He's always starting some mess. Im sure the rest of the team is getting tired of having to ride for him. He's not even a good pitcher. 
laugh.gif

This goes back to last season, too. Ventura plunked him.

Manny's rep took a hit due to what happened in Oakland a couple seasons back, but his reaction last night was totally justified.

It will never happen, but Ventura deserves more games than Manny.
Ventura will probably get sent down, he really sucks right now. Adam Jones' quotes were nice. I still think Manny instigated everything last night, and I did see the plunking from last year...wasn't anything malicious. Machado and Harper and all these young guys think everyone is out to get them when they get plunked when that's not always the case. I like Machado but he's a hothead who loves to get involved.

Jones :pimp:

Mike Oz Verified account
‏@mikeoz

Oh boy, Adam Jones lit up Yordano Venutra in his postgame quotes. (via @masnSteve)

CkZWb5IUUAEPV_8.jpg

Yordano :rofl:

He's always starting some mess. Im sure the rest of the team is getting tired of having to ride for him. He's not even a good pitcher. :lol:

The team hates him. Including Yost.

.In the aftermath, [manager Ned] Yost was asked if the rash of incidents involving Ventura had caused irritation among his teammates.

“Probably,” he said. “There’s a little frustration when things like this happen, yeah.”

He's lucky Machado didn't throw a bat this time :lol:

Yordano :rofl:

He's always starting some mess. Im sure the rest of the team is getting tired of having to ride for him. He's not even a good pitcher. :lol:

The team hates him. Including Yost.

.In the aftermath, [manager Ned] Yost was asked if the rash of incidents involving Ventura had caused irritation among his teammates.

“Probably,” he said. “There’s a little frustration when things like this happen, yeah.”

He's lucky Machado didn't throw a bat this time :lol:

Salvador Perez took his time getting out towards the mound :lol:

Entire O's team was around Manny in the aftermath...not too many Royals were doing the same w/ Ventura. I guarantee they're tired of him.

@ComptonPrince mannnn I just turned pale white at work from that gif. Gotta spoiler that :lol: don't expect random booty in this thread ever.

Last edited:
It won't happen, but if the Yankees had the balls to completely rebuild, they could overhaul that farm by trading the three relievers, Tanaka and Beltran.

Hmmm

Kelly Johnson byke to the Mets for Akeel Morris

Might be one of the more random trades in league history, considering Kelly Johnson has rotated from the Braves/Mets twice now and who the eff is Akeel Morris.

Last edited:
Hmmm

Might be one of the more random trades in league history, considering Kelly Johnson has rotated from the Braves/Mets twice now and who the eff is Akeel Morris.
Low level reliever. Decent stuff could be an ok middle reliever. Nothing I don't mind losing but considering we could've just signed Johnson it's annoying.

Nah I honestly doubt it. He's more valuable to a winning team than what he would be traded for. Mets will get some scrub soon though.

Hmmm

Uribe coming byke too?
Probably
laugh.gif

Did Velasquez get hurt
They're sayin it's a bicep thing. Game was delayed 15-20 minutes, wonder if he couldn't get all the way loose.
doubt that. He has been slacking off once it started to get further into the season his velocity just hasnt been the same. This is someone who had TJS in 11 i think 

there was concerns about his shoulder during the trade. i hope it works out for the kid tho 

Crazy a girl I grew up with back in the day dates a Cubs player what are the odds his first MLB Debut was here in Philly where she is from. That's dope thing to remeber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom