2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea that's the dude but that's not his girl .. The girls name is Krystal used to be a sixers cheerleader

And expecting a kid on the way [emoji]128064[/emoji]

But nah I wish I had interesting stories. I was close with her around grade school days 5-8. We pretty much all had same friends and chilled together on the corner holding it down or in the park lol she was hot back then and only got better IMO. Out her group I think she flourished the most. I will say what sucked during them days were at one time one of her friends and I dated and then we broke up at some point abd i felt like after that I ain't have no shot with her or rest of the friends I was close with cause of how close they all were back in day. That vibe was just never the same

They were some fun days tho a lot of parties lol

I went to diff high school then a lot of my neighborhood kids cause I wasn't Tryna go to a catholic school again so I lost in touch with a lot ppl

Last edited:
Dusty is a savage. 11-1 and he makes a pitching change with 1 out left in the game.

:lol:

Last edited:
I swear Rusin always shuts LAD down.

Maybe it's just that I've seen them struggle so often against average and struggle pitchers, it's DeJavu

LAD's offense is no fun to watch though

added: Ianetta has a ball Magnet on the barrel of his bat tonight

Last edited:
James Shields gave up a homerun to Bartolo and Stephen Drew in the same season 
roll.gif
roll.gif

While it's very minor compared to the NFL and NBA, that intimate setting in the Studio 42 studio makes for a good watch.

Last edited:
I like the potential of this Will Craig kid the Mets are rumored to draft. Seen some video of him, good power stroke, good eye at the plate, but there's no way he plays 3b in the Show. Body isn't Vince McMahon worthy.

Keith Law Mock Draft
Keith Law's final MLB Mock Draft (4.0)
play
Keith Law's top five MLB draft prospects (3:44)
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Email
comment
10:08 AM ET
Keith Law
ESPN Senior Writer
I've talked to so many people, but with the teams at the top all fairly insistent that they haven't decided who they're taking -- including the Phillies with the first pick -- I could keep changing this all night. It's the middle of the night as I type this, and I'm calling it. We will update this over the course of the day as more info comes in.

To see how I'd rank the players, check out my latest Big Board.

Note: Click on a player's name to go to his player card, which has a full scouting report written by Eric Longenhagen.

1. Philadelphia Phillies
Mickey Moniak, OF
La Costa Canyon HS (Carlsbad, California)

I've heard them with A.J. Puk and Kyle Lewis and to a lesser extent Corey Ray and Blake Rutherford, and I wouldn't be surprised if any of those guys is taken here. It's going to depend on the price tags; if the Phillies can save $1 million by taking the No. 2 player on their board and then apply that money to sign pick 42 to an overslot deal, they'll do so. And they should -- it's exactly what the current CBA encourages teams to do.

2. Cincinnati Reds
A.J. Puk, LHP
Florida

They also like Nick Senzel and Corey Ray, and are also high on Moniak. The Reds have the largest pool of any team (most draft money), and just as importantly, they get to pick again before the Phillies or Braves do.
3. Atlanta Braves
Kyle Lewis, OF
Mercer

If they take Ian Anderson here, which I'm hearing is a very strong possibility, it'll be with an eye toward big spending at picks 40 and 44 on prep players who fell due to signability concerns.

4. Colorado Rockies
Riley Pint, RHP
St. Thomas Aquinas HS (Overland Park, Kansas)

If it's not Pint, it'll be Moniak (if he falls), or maybe Dakota Hudson or Cody Sedlock.

5. Milwaukee Brewers
Corey Ray, OF
Louisville

Delvin Perez had a real chance to go here before his positive PED test, which seems to have dropped him substantially down the board. It seems like Ray would be the pick, over Nick Senzel, and it could be Moniak if he slips to here.

6. Oakland Athletics
Nick Senzel, 3B
Tennessee

Oakland could take Braxton Garrett as well, and they're also a possibility for Jason Groome.

7. Miami Marlins
Jason Groome, LHP
Barnegat (New Jersey) HS

Groome announced the other day that he has recommitted to Chipola Junior College, which would allow him to enter the 2017 draft -- but that class is loaded with college arms and may not be more favorable for him. Braxton Garrett also has been a favorite here for a while, as has Pint.

8. San Diego Padres
Braxton Garrett, LHP
Florence (Alabama) HS

They could go with Garrett or Matt Manning, but don't be surprised to see a college bat here (maybe Ray?) and then have them use later picks to roll the dice on high-upside high school guys like Will Benson.

9. Detroit Tigers
Blake Rutherford, OF
Chaminade College Prep (West Hills, California)

Pint is the guy the Tigers have wanted most of the spring, but if he's not here, they could take Rutherford or Dakota Hudson. I've heard them linked to Zack Burdi, but I think that's based on their old style of drafting college relievers when they picked in the 20s.

10. Chicago White Sox
Dakota Hudson, RHP
Mississippi State

They could also be in on Rutherford or Ray here. I've heard they're unlikely to take Zack Collins.

11. Seattle Mariners
Justin Dunn, RHP
Boston College

I've heard them with college players, and everyone is saying Dunn is their guy. But if a college bat like Ray falls to here, I could see them jumping on them.

12. Boston Red Sox
Zack Collins, C
Miami

They could do Matt Thaiss over Collins, or Rutherford if he gets here, but they seem to have cooled a bit on Nolan Jones.

13. Tampa Bay Rays
Gavin Lux, SS
Indian Trail Academy (Kenosha, Wisconsin)

They've been tied to Lux lately, as well as Rutherford, and I think they're the high mark for Josh Lowe.

14. Cleveland Indians
Forrest Whitley, RHP
Alamo Heights (San Antonio) HS

I've also heard them on Cal Quantrill, who supposedly has five offers in the teens.

15. Minnesota Twins
Matt Manning, RHP
Sheldon (Sacramento) HS

I've also heard them with Hudson and Whitley … mostly with power arms of all stripes. I had had them taking Kyle Muller in an earlier mock, but that now seems unlikely.

16. Los Angeles Angels
Alex Kirilloff, OF
Plum HS (Pittsburgh)

I've also heard them with Matt Thaiss, Hudson and Josh Lowe.

17. Houston Astros
Cody Sedlock, RHP
Illinois

I've heard them possibly taking Whitley too, as well as Eric Lauer and T.J. Zeuch.

18. New York Yankees
Ian Anderson, RHP
Shenendehowa HS (Clifton Park, New York)

This apparently is a stopping point for Anderson, who could go as early as third. They're also in on Kevin Gowdy (who apparently has a huge number out now), Taylor Trammell, Kirilloff and Matt Thaiss.

19. New York Mets
Matt Thaiss, C
Virginia

They're after a college bat and could get Thaiss or Collins, with pitcher Anthony Kay also a possibility if the bats they like are gone.

20. Los Angeles Dodgers
Delvin Perez, SS
International Baseball Academy (Puerto Rico)

Perez is in a freefall after testing positive for a PED, and many teams that previously were on him have backed off or at least reconsidered. The Dodgers have three of the draft's first 36 picks and are in prime position to take on risk like this to get a player who was, at least earlier this spring, considered one of the best tools prospects in the class. I've also heard them with Lux and Sedlock here.

21. Toronto Blue Jays
Anthony Kay, LHP
Connecticut

I've primarily heard them with college arms this week, with Kay and Eric Lauer being possibilities, as well as Sedlock if he's still here. I had previously heard them linked to Lux and Bo Bichette as well.

22. Pittsburgh Pirates
Nolan Jones, SS
Holy Ghost Prep (Bensalem, Pennsylvania)

I've heard them with Taylor Trammell, Zack Burdi and Thaiss as well.

23. St. Louis Cardinals
Cal Quantrill, RHP
Stanford

They're also in on T.J. Zeuch, Thaiss, Drew Mendoza and Will Craig.

Compensation picks

With the first round being unusually short this year, I'll also predict the sandwich-round selections, the 11 picks awarded to teams that lost free agents who declined qualifying offers.

24. San Diego Padres
Josh Lowe, 3B/RHP
Pope HS (Marietta, Georgia)

They'd love it if Manning got this far for an overslot deal, but that seems unlikely.

25. San Diego Padres
Eric Lauer, LHP
Kent State

They're on Quantrill if he's still here, as well as Florida Gators pitcher Dane Dunning -- the obvious tie being college starters -- and could be on Hudson Sanchez too.

26. Chicago White Sox
Zack Burdi, RHP
Louisville

I was told this is a "lock" if Burdi gets this far.

27. Baltimore Orioles
T.J. Zeuch, RHP
Pittsburgh

I've also heard them with prep infielder Joe Rizzo for a later pick.

28. Washington Nationals
Carter Kieboom, IF
Walton HS (Marietta, Georgia)

They're also on Drew Mendoza if he's signable, as well as Ole Miss outfielder J.B. Woodman, who led the Cape Cod League last summer with 51 strikeouts in 139 plate appearances.

29. Washington Nationals
Dane Dunning, RHP
Florida

Look for them to try to do a deal with Illinois prep outfielder Jordan McFarland with a later pick.

30. Texas Rangers
Taylor Trammell, OF
Mount Paran Christian (Kennesaw, Georgia)

Try to hide your surprise that they might take a Georgia prep outfielder with big tools. They're also linked to Will Benson and Florida center fielder Buddy Reed.

31. New York Mets
Bryan Reynolds, OF
Vanderbilt

I've heard they'd like to get an arm here, but the most likely names are all either gone (Kay, Lauer, Dunning) or unsignable.

32. Los Angeles Dodgers
Jordan Sheffield, RHP
Vanderbilt

I thought they might take Sheffield at 20, but with Sheffield's last two starts being poor -- one was the day after the death of teammate Donny Everett -- he may have slipped a little, as there were already questions about his ability to remain a starter. They're also likely to look at Louisville catcher Will Smith at 36 and have some interest in West Michigan starter Keegan Akin, Oklahoma shortstop Sheldon Neuse and prep infielder Bo Bichette.

33. St. Louis Cardinals
Jon Duplantier, RHP
Rice University

Duplantier had a huge comeback season -- he ranks second in Division I in strikeouts -- after missing all of 2015 with a sore shoulder, and he scores well both analytically and from a scouting perspective, although Rice coach Wayne Graham overusing Duplantier in the regional last weekend was not good for the kid in any way.

34. St. Louis Cardinals
Will Craig, 3B/1B
Wake Forest

Getting Craig here would be a rather ideal scenario for the Cardinals, getting someone they might have considered at pick 23 back at 34. Craig had a huge year for Wake Forest but encounters skepticism because he struggled so much on the Cape last summer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom