2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
back when i was in school, i would usually watch until 11:30-12. then pass out. but college/working...i'd watch typically. actually enjoyed the west coast swings. good change of pace :lol:

I grew up being used to coming home from school around 4 PM and have sports on until 10 PM 
When I went to the east coast, I was like "What the...it feels so weird having no sports on until 7 PM, how do east coast fans deal with this?!" :lol:

Giants bullpen is so bad
Should've got Andrew Miller

:lol:

yeah i gotta say, watching sports on the west coast is more enjoyable in general. it's nice not having to stay up crazy late to finish games (MNF, TNF, weeknight games, etc)

That AZ/SD game was pathetic. Pathetic.

We will see 20+ runs in that match-up tomorrow.

Greinke is going to have to pitch all 9 innings (coming off the DL or not, he has to) 

That AZ/SD game was pathetic. Pathetic.

We will see 20+ runs in that match-up tomorrow.

Greinke is going to have to pitch all 9 innings (coming off the DL or not, he has to) 
Who would have known Arizona would be as bad as SD this season? :lol:

East Coasters, do you guys usually stay up til 1 AM to catch west coast games on weekdays?
Started my first real job in January and tried it out when the Nats were in LA. Going to work the next morning is a struggle. Only stayed up for the weekend games when they were in SD/SF.

East Coasters, do you guys usually stay up til 1 AM to catch west coast games on weekdays?

When I was younger I'd stay up as long as I could. Nowadays when the Yanks are in Oakland, Seattle or LA, I'll watch all of an hour and go to sleep. 10PM first pitch to about 11/11:30 is probably 3 innings anyway :lol: .

Reallllll dumb question ( :wow: ), but West Coasters - I know sports are live in correlation to East Coast, but what about t.v. shows? Like, when GoT starts at 9PM EST, are you guys watching at 6?

Last edited:

When I was younger I'd stay up as long as I could. Nowadays when the Yanks are in Oakland, Seattle or LA, I'll watch all of an hour and go to sleep. 10PM first pitch to about 11/11:30 is probably 3 innings anyway :lol: .

Reallllll dumb question ( :wow: ), but West Coasters - I know sports are live in correlation to East Coast, but what about t.v. shows? Like, when GoT starts at 9PM EST, are you guys watching at 6?

DirecTV has HBO East and HBO West so I watch at 6. I think most cable channels air shows at the same time. Like 30 for 30 would air at 10PM EST and 7PM PST. But I think shows on regular channels like ABC, CBS, Fox, etc air three hours after they first air on the East. Also, the prime time Olympic events air later over here. We don't get to see these Phelps/Bolt finals until a couple hours after it has aired on the East :smh:

I've been to NY a few times and the strangest thing was being at a bar at 1am and still hving a live basketball game on tv. I love when the Angels are on an East Coast trip. I got home at 6pm and know Incan fast forward through commercials. Ends up only taking 2 hours to watch a game :lol: :pimp:

nope, still west coast feeds except DirecTV for some channels and for some odd reason
Such a struggle to avoid WWE and Olympic spoilers for 3 hours on Twitter [emoji]128514[/emoji] Sometimes I just say eff it

Last edited:
3 players have homered off Kershaw, Greinke, & deGrom this season:

Giancarlo Stanton, Carlos Gonzalez, and Madison Bumgarner

i usually wait till 9pm PST and the west coast feed. actually most of the time my DVR gets it and i have to watch it even later because i have hockey games on a lot of sunday nights. so i watch when i get home, or on monday after work :lol:

cant do it anymore. summer school made me realize how much sleep I need. Knock out at 930 the latest on work nights
laugh.gif
mean.gif
What are you doing with Summer School? If I may ask.....

Honestly I still think he stays here. It's been an unfortunate year and he loves it here.
Teaching :lol:
Word. I can tell he loves it there, but I get a feeling the market for him this off-season would be ridiculous considering there are no other big names.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom