2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cole has been really good. 

He held that team down in June. 

Dude never throws strikes either. I'd hate hitting against him. 

You know, you try and keep it professional but I bet he gets cursed at more by opposing hitters than any other pitcher. 
laugh.gif

East Coasters, do you guys usually stay up til 1 AM to catch west coast games on weekdays?
When I was younger I'd stay up as long as I could. Nowadays when the Yanks are in Oakland, Seattle or LA, I'll watch all of an hour and go to sleep. 10PM first pitch to about 11/11:30 is probably 3 innings anyway
laugh.gif

Reallllll dumb question (
embarassed.gif
), but West Coasters - I know sports are live in correlation to East Coast, but what about t.v. shows? Like, when GoT starts at 9PM EST, are you guys watching at 6?
sometimes. if there's a good pitcher like kershaw, i definitely watch regardless of when it starts. the games i normally watch would start at around 7 eastern time, so i watch the game while eating dinner and listen to the audio when doing stuff. 

back when i was in school, i would usually watch until 11:30-12. then pass out. but college/working...i'd watch typically. actually enjoyed the west coast swings. good change of pace 
laugh.gif
I grew up being used to coming home from school around 4 PM and have sports on until 10 PM 

When I went to the east coast, I was like "What the...it feels so weird having no sports on until 7 PM, how do east coast fans deal with this?!" 
laugh.gif

Giants bullpen is so bad

Should've got Andrew Miller
this is why i've gotten used to watching central teams since they normally play earlier than east or west teams. i have an appreciation of the cubs now because of that

Last edited:
Gary Sanchez is a ******* stud
WHat did you think of Cessa?

Yankees are so much better than they were 2 weeks ago

Really liked what I saw. 6+ innings of shutout baseball? I'll take that any day.

Originally I didn't understand trading Justin Wilson but Chad Green & Luis Cessa are now in the middle of our rotation.

Haven't been this excited about the future in a long time :smokin

So if I didn't already think my gf was a keeper, she cemented herself in my life this weekend. Surprise trip to Cooperstown for the Hall yesterday for my bday :pimp:

Will post some pics I took later on/tomorrow. Awesome, awesome time fellas.
Wifey material :pimp: my gf wanted to do that as well.

So if I didn't already think my gf was a keeper, she cemented herself in my life this weekend. Surprise trip to Cooperstown for the Hall yesterday for my bday :pimp:

Will post some pics I took later on/tomorrow. Awesome, awesome time fellas.

Awesome

HBD

Michael Fulmer? :nerd:

Probably won't have enough innings to beat out the others. Probably gets ROY, though. Verlander's first wasn't that great, so that probably holds him back.

Sale was running away with it then he fell off after he cut those jerseys up :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom