2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bochy dun lost his mind in terms of winning another pennant. Take a little precaution atleast. Like didn't Robert take out stripling earlier in the year with a no hitter going. This was practically a season saving game.

Bochy dun lost his mind in terms of winning another pennant. Take a little precaution atleast. Like didn't Robert take out stripling earlier in the year with a no hitter going. This was practically a season saving game.

That no hitter Stripling had going was against SF, too

Eddie Matz ‏@ESPNeddiematz 2h2 hours ago
Trea Turner has a 2.0 WAR in 38 games. Projected over the #Nats 127 games, he'd have 6.7 WAR...which would lead the National League.

Trea Turner has a 2.0 WAR in 38 games. Projected over the #Nats 127 games, he'd have 6.7 WAR...which would lead the National League.

Just gonna project 38 games to 127 :lol: why not go all out and do it for 162.
Because the Nats have played 127 games so far, the guy was just projecting as if Trea were to play that much

Because the Nats have played 127 games so far, the guy was just projecting as if Trea were to play that much

Oh I get that. I'm laughing at that simple projection. Using 38 games and projecting it for the entire season is silly.

Oh I get that. I'm laughing at that simple projection. Using 38 games and projecting it for the entire season is silly.
I agree with you. Just stating how he came up with that projection even though there's a lot of "what ifs" that you cant really project

Not sure how it's silly, those are what projections are for :lol:

Turner has accumulated 2.0 WAR in 38 games which is 50 fewer games than any other NL player with a WAR of at least 2.0.

Regardless of the projections and faulty math thats going on in here, Trea Turner is one of my favorite players in baseball right now.  Very exciting to watch.

I'm interested to see where he plays next season. Ideally, we'd put him at 2B and move Murphy to 1B while somehow getting rid of Zimmerman's bum ***.

I'm interested to see where he plays next season. Ideally, we'd put him at 2B and move Murphy to 1B while somehow getting rid of Zimmerman's bum ***.

He has way more value at CF or SS than 2b.

I have no idea what y'alls farm system looks like, but if he's not playing SS, I don't see him leaving CF.

He has way more value at CF or SS than 2b.

I have no idea what y'alls farm system looks like, but if he's not playing SS, I don't see him leaving CF.
Well aware of that, but Rizzo is in love with Espinosa. More than likely at least next year he'll be in CF, but if they plan on putting him back at SS I don't think they should delay it another year.

Our best OF prospect is years away from the bigs. Michael Taylor doesn't seem like he'll ever be ready offensively unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom