2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correa with the bomb and then Gattis follows with the walk off.

ITS LIT :pimp:

Last edited:
If Correa played in NY, the media would make it out to be the next Jeter. Dude is so damn clutch :pimp:
Baseball Reference actually has a section for "clutch stats". .302 career hitter with a .906 OPS with 2 outs RISP.

However, in the biggest moment he's been in to date...

I don't think that "clutch" stat reflects his walk offs and other big hits this year :lol:

Edit: low blow :lol:

Last edited:
Kris Bryant:
2013 College Player of the Year
2014 Minor League Player of the Year
2015 NL Rookie of the Year
2016 NL MVP(??)

Kris Bryant is second to Gary Sanchez.

Seriously, though, was looking at Sanchez's numbers. The home runs are bit of an anomaly, the HR/FB rate juxtaposed against his FB% will correct but what's like able and likely to make him a very good big leaguer is the hard contact percentage and his outside the zone swing percentage. The guy is clobbering over 40% of his balls in play and only swinging at 32% or so of balls outside of the zone. If he can maintain that he's gonna have a great career and not just another Shane Spencer moment. I'm curious how him being so pull happy will affect him though. Need more AB's to see.

Last edited:
While the postseason is likely not happening for the Yanks, how they've been playing since the Deadline has been really enjoyable. To the point where I was ready to write off baseball and go in full Jets-mode, I still find myself watching games nightly.

Kris Bryant is second to Gary Sanchez.

Seriously, though, was looking at Sanchez's numbers. The home runs are bit of an anomaly, the HR/FB rate juxtaposed against his FB% will correct but what's like able and likely to make him a very good big leaguer is the hard contact percentage and his outside the zone swing percentage. The guy is clobbering over 40% of his balls in play and only swinging at 32% or so of balls outside of the zone. If he can maintain that he's gonna have a great career and not just another Shane Spencer moment. I'm curious how him being so pull happy will affect him though. Need more AB's to see.

If you project his numbers over a 162 game season he's hitting .410 with 80 HR and 160 RBI.

Amirite?

Bat aside, Yankees pitching has been significantly better since Sanchez took over the backstop. McCann is no slack behind the plate, but they have just been pitching really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom