2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh geez, Mets really did it, huh? Cannot say I am surprised about Wilpons' decision

LOL @ guys who calling Mets pathetic about this move

Don't act like their teams never had an interest in Tebow :lol:

Oh geez, Mets really did it, huh? Cannot say I am surprised about Wilpons' decision

:lol: interest? Teams just wanted to be a part of the sideshow

Let's not front like there was some bidding war for his services :lol:

Last edited:
Once this fails I look forward to ESPN breaking down whether NBA teams could sign Tebow.

This entire thing has been a joke from the get-go and if the dude's name was Joe Schmo with the exact same skill set he would be sitting at home staring at himself.

Last edited:

About 8 teams were actually "interested" in Tebow. Only one actually went as far as to sign him. And they're sending him to the AFL?!

Meh

I don't support the idea of signing Tebow. It isn't like we gave him a 200+ mill over ten years contract anyways. Let Tebow have his show then we move on just like we did with Garth Brooks

Tebow, Cespedes, Syndergaard and deGrom share same agent

Meh

I don't support the idea of signing Tebow. It isn't like we gave him a 200+ mill over ten years contract anyways. Let Tebow have his show then we move on just like we did with Garth Brooks

Just had to Google this :lol:

Brooks signed a contract with the Mets, and in return, they donated to his Touch ‘Em All Foundation for kids. This happened 13 years ago this week, and came after a stint with the San Diego Padres (1999) and before his time with the Kansas City Royals (2004).

Reminds me of Billy Crystal playing for the Yanks in ST on his birthday.

Meh

Grand scheme of things, not a big deal. Def got a minimum contract with a boatload of incentives that a normal player wouldn't get. But to have him in the AFL without playing a game yet? Wasting a spot another player who worked all year could've had.

I know what you mean

Technically, AFL is owned by MLB, right? MLB could have prevented it.

It's not a big deal BUT the Mets have finally been headed in the right direction and then they do this dumb ****. Many people said they could see someone with low attendance actually considering it. Mets don't need him, they're better than this. At least they were at one point.

Just heard they're saying Tebow is more of a DH than an OF. Hahahaha, smh.

Last edited:
It's not a big deal BUT the Mets have finally been headed in the right direction and then they do this dumb ****. Many people said they could see someone with low attendance actually considering it. Mets don't need him, they're better than this. At least they were at one point.

Yes, you may be right about the right direction. Tell you the truth, Mets would probably never have been in the right direction for a long time where Wilpons are still there

Right now, all I care is winning the World Series this fall. This Tebow move doesn't get in that way. That's all matters to me now. We will worry about that Tebow issue later, not now

let the man play baseball. aint nothing wrong with pursuing something. it's not like they gave him a roster spot in the bigs.

:lol: :lol:

Deadspin

This Is How You Know Tim Tebow Is Serious About And Committed To His "Dream" Of Playing Baseball And That This Is Not At All A Publicity Stunt

Sandy Alderson acknowledges that Tim Tebow won't be available every day in instructional league because of Tebow's ESPN broadcasting job — Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) September 8, 2016

The Astros pitching is not good enough right now to make a serious run. We basically need to outhit teams

The Astros pitching is not good enough right now to make a serious run. We basically need to outhit teams
And as spare as the back half of the lineup has been for long stretches this year, that's not exactly easy to do either...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom