2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I didn't pay as close attention then as I used to, or maybe I'm just flat out not remembering correctly...

But wasn't Belts kinda viewed as an ******* at previous stops?

At the game last night, Beltre was finding Rangers fans in the stands with gloves. When he would get a ball to throw out of play, he would riffle it into the stand, I'm talking like 20+ rows into the stands, and he would hit them right in the glove every time.

It was incredible :lol:

That's a lofty expectation. Do you think Correa won't be that big of a star, or is Bregman going to be that much better?
Bregman is going to be a star. He's such a natural hitter and he's great on defense. He may never put up MVP numbers, but he's going to play at an all-star level for a very long time.

Correa is average at best at SS. The Astros should really consider flipping Correa and Bregman in the field. Correa will never reach his full potential unless he changes his approach. For someone with his size and strength who can hit the ball as hard as he does, he looks to just flip the ball to RF way too often. He's slugging .450 this year, but has so much more potential, just has to change his approach. However, over his first two season, his biggest weakness at the plate has been getting beat inside. I'm not sure he struggles with that cause he's looking to go the other way so much, or if he just can't handle that pitch. 

Interesting. I haven't been able to watch him much this year but loved what I saw from Correa last year.

Preller suspended 30 games for the Pomeranz trade lol wth did this buffoon do?

Last edited:
Altuve, Correa, Bregman, Springer, and Yuli is a very solid core. Just need to round the roster out with guys who aren't absolute zeros. This team is so close to being good :lol:

Yuli younger brother Lourdes Gurriel Jr should be a FA and has mentioned that hed love to play with Yuli. But the Astros are banned from buying players more than $300,000 in the next two international pools. But he is expected to sign with a major league team following his 23rd birthday on Oct. 19 to remove limitations of the international signing pool.

Last edited:
This is going to be a GREAT! series.  Starts now
pimp.gif

[table][tr][td]SEPTEMBER[/td][td]OPPONENT[/td][td]TIME (ET)[/td][td]TV[/td][td]NYY PITCHER[/td][td]OPP. PITCHER[/td][td]TICKETS[/td][/tr][tr][td]Thu, Sep 15[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]  [/td][td]Tanaka  (13-4)[/td][td]Rodriguez  (2-7)[/td][td]286 available[/td][/tr][tr][td]Fri, Sep 16[/td][td][/td][td]7:10 PM[/td][td]  [/td][td]Cessa  (4-1)[/td][td]Buchholz  (6-10)[/td][td]869 available[/td][/tr][tr][td]Sat, Sep 17[/td][td][/td][td]1:05 PM[/td][td]  [/td][td]Mitchell  (1-1)[/td][td]Price  (16-8)[/td][td]704 available[/td][/tr][tr][td]Sun, Sep 18[/td][td][/td][td]8:00 PM[/td][td] [/td][td]Sabathia  (8-12)[/td][td]Pomeranz  (10-12)[/td][td]2,957 available[/td][/tr][/table]

At the game last night, Beltre was finding Rangers fans in the stands with gloves. When he would get a ball to throw out of play, he would riffle it into the stand, I'm talking like 20+ rows into the stands, and he would hit them right in the glove every time.

It was incredible
laugh.gif
This is so dope man! 

Beltre is a G

The crazy thing is Hanley is basically an afterthought in this lineup. It was only a matter of time before the young guys slumped a little bit so having Hanley right in the middle of the lineup is :pimp:

Ortiz, Pedroia, and Hanley are putting in work for the 30+ demographic. Betts, Bradley, Bogey, Benintendi holding it down for that 25 and under group. Lineup is too cotdamn stacked.

Too bad the pitching is so unreliable. It's been better as of late; but still prone to homeruns and leadoff walks and bad innings. **** probably wont fly in the playoffs. E-Rod gonna get worked in the post season for sure :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom