2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe bc it's NY radio, but people seem to believe over here that Ortiz is beloved in Boston/up North... and that's about it.

Ripken, Jeter and Mo resinated with more people across the country.
I'd say Jeter stands apart from all of them. Everyone growing up wanted to be Jeter. Players in the bigs wearing #2 because of him. Most kids aren't growing up saying they wanna be David Ortiz or Mo Rivera. Jeter was a legit icon.

Maybe bc it's NY radio, but people seem to believe over here that Ortiz is beloved in Boston/up North... and that's about it.

Ripken, Jeter and Mo resinated with more people across the country.
I'd say Jeter stands apart from all of them. Everyone growing up wanted to be Jeter. Players in the bigs wearing #2 because of him. Most kids aren't growing up saying they wanna be David Ortiz or Mo Rivera. Jeter was a legit icon.

nah

:lol: i know what you're saying

Holy crap Giants just putting down the beatdown on us

Thanks a lot Brandon Mccarthy

I really need to see SF get that WC over STL.

Nobody needs to see St Louis once the season concludes.
They do nothing of entertainment value outside of the long ball.

No need for a Drew Storen choke job or Aaron Barrett soiling himself this year. It's going to be a clean sweep for the Dodgers.

I'm driving 7 hours for game 1. #NATITUDE

With my Yanks done, i got the Rangers winning it all.

Mets upset Cubs in 5

Last edited:
No need for a Drew Storen choke job or Aaron Barrett soiling himself this year. It's going to be a clean sweep for the Dodgers.

I'm driving 7 hours for game 1. #NATITUDE
I'm driving 7 hours as well potentially. Still gotta win one more to lock up HFA.

roll.gif

With that in mind, it's worth reviewing what happens if the Mets, Giants and Cardinals finish tied. The teams are given A, B and C designations. The Cardinals and Mets both won their season series over the Giants, so the Giants are the C. The Mets and Cardinals split and the tiebreaker there is intradivision record, which right now goes to the Cardinals. So they're A and the Mets are B. From MLB.com:

For example, let's assume that the Cardinals (first pick) and Mets (second pick) both choose the designations that give them two chances to make the Postseason, leaving the Giants with only one chance. The Cardinals and Mets would play in St. Louis on Monday, Oct. 3.

The winner of that game would become the host team in the actual wild-card game; the loser would travel to San Francisco for a game on Oct. 4.

The winner of the game in San Francisco would earn the second wild-card spot, and would be the road team against the winner of Monday's game in the NL wild-card game Wednesday, Oct. 5.
sick.gif
eek.gif

With that in mind, it's worth reviewing what happens if the Mets, Giants and Cardinals finish tied. The teams are given A, B and C designations. The Cardinals and Mets both won their season series over the Giants, so the Giants are the C. The Mets and Cardinals split and the tiebreaker there is intradivision record, which right now goes to the Cardinals. So they're A and the Mets are B. From MLB.com:

For example, let's assume that the Cardinals (first pick) and Mets (second pick) both choose the designations that give them two chances to make the Postseason, leaving the Giants with only one chance. The Cardinals and Mets would play in St. Louis on Monday, Oct. 3.

The winner of that game would become the host team in the actual wild-card game; the loser would travel to San Francisco for a game on Oct. 4.

The winner of the game in San Francisco would earn the second wild-card spot, and would be the road team against the winner of Monday's game in the NL wild-card game Wednesday, Oct. 5.
:x :wow:

Wait in that scenario why would the loser of the first game go to SF? Shouldn't that be a home game for them va SF since they won the season series?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom