2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
@StanFan about to hit the teeball cages after this game
ygVzp.gif

Congrats Cubs.
To be honest, i want to be mad at Romo... but it's been a great run, and 3 titles in the last 7 years, I can live with. I really think the irony is that with a smaller lead, Boche leaves Moore in sine he was pitching a pretty damn good game. But no manager can be criticized for leaving it to their pen with a 3 run lead with one inning to go. At some point, you have to trust in your bullpen to do their job, and all the giants fans knew the bullpen was suspect to begin with. My favorite title was the 2012 one, where Lincecum was the beastly middle reliever.

Thank you SF Giants for another great year of baseball. Been a Giants fan since the Earthquake World Series.

The Cubs have won more playoff series the last two seasons (2) than they did in the previous 106 (1 from 1909-2014). pic.twitter.com/Z9Lhjnvjra
— ESPN (@espn)

October 12, 2016
That stat :wow:  I still remember the Steve Bartman fiasco. I was like 10.  Dudes was calling for his head on the radio. :smh:

Sad thing too is that he hasn't been to Wrigley since that incident.

That 30 for 30 was depressing af

:smh: at all these Giants fans *****ing about Bochy. The **** is he suppose to do with that trash bullpen?

Seriously. Dude was at 120 pitches. :lol: these dudes have lost their mind.

Moore was cruising, 7 pitches in the 7th and 10 pitches in the 8th. He was pitching on 11 days rest which may or may not mean anything, but I wanted to see him come out for at least 1 out in the 9th to see how he was. Boch had Moore toss 130 pitches against the Dodgers two months ago, but he couldn't do it with the season on the line?

Moore was cruising, 7 pitches in the 7th and 10 pitches in the 8th. He was pitching on 11 days rest which may or may not mean anything, but I wanted to see him come out for at least 1 out in the 9th to see how he was. Boch had Moore toss 130 pitches against the Dodgers two months ago, but he couldn't do it with the season on the line?
3 run lead, it's time to give it to the bullpen. Even if it's a 1 out to 1 run ratio, you still are tied. Pen couldn't even do that. 1 run lead, I leave Moore in.

Seriously. Dude was at 120 pitches. :lol: these dudes have lost their mind.

Precisely.

Bochy made the right decision and it was wrong.
Imagine if he made the wrong decision and Moore got lit up or didn't get the first out got pulled and then they lost, it'd be even worse.

He made a decision he can live with, I hope

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom