2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Miami coke life is real
francis.png

RIP

What's he doing sniffing coke at 23, 24 years old anyway?

The life and money and the fame not enough of a rush for you?

C'mon man :smh:

Miss me with all the hot takes of your new opinion on Jose. He was a kid. He made a mistake. We've all done some stupid **** in our youth. That doesn't take away from a future great being lost at such a young age.

All his friends have claimed that he never drove the boat. He most likely never knew how to drive a boat.

Miss me with all the hot takes of your new opinion on Jose. He was a kid. He made a mistake. We've all done some stupid **** in our youth. That doesn't take away from a future great being lost at such a young age.

All his friends have claimed that he never drove the boat. He most likely never knew how to drive a boat.

While I do agree on your sentiment, he was scheduled to pitch the next day or thereafter against the Mets wasn't he? So if he did in fact have coke and booze in his system, he was expected to go out on the mound after a nightcap?

This DS comment pretty much sums up how I feel

This complicates how we look at what led to his death, but doesn’t lessen the tragedy of his death, doesn’t devalue the loss felt by his family, friends, Miami and the Cuban-American community.

Last edited:
While I do agree on your sentiment, he was scheduled to pitch the next day or thereafter against the Mets wasn't he? So if he did in fact have coke and booze in his system, he was expected to go out on the mound after a nightcap?

Boomer threw a complete game hungover. You'd be naive to think guys aren't going out there after hard partying alcohol and drug filled nights

This happens with a lot of people in a lot of sports though.

I know its a ****** way to look at it, but I can't help think about what Lebatard was saying the day after. His point was about how scott boras kept telling him to not take the contract extensions, and keep holding out. He never signed a massive contract. Couple that with the fact that he was taking care of his whole family, and got his immediate family over to the USA from cuba. They all depended on him big time, and now with no contract, and with the drugs and alcohol in the system, there is no way that they will see anything from that. The whole thing sucks because he was about to make it big, the whole family had turned the corner, and it all just came crashing down. No way to see much positive from the situation, just tragedy. :frown:

Boomer threw a complete game hungover. You'd be naive to think guys aren't going out there after hard partying alcohol and drug filled nights

No I know. I guess I'm just saddened at the fact that he was so young, and it still does not take away from the tragedy of it all. Would have hoped he would have been 'smarter,' that's all.

Not an excuse, but many of us make mistakes in our teens/early 20's. Hell, even as we get older we still make mistakes.
Some mistakes could have also been deadly for many of us, but they didn't turn out that way for one reason or another

Sad situation overall :frown:

If Jose wasnt driving his boat and was high on that coco then so be it. We being naive if pro athletes don't like having a lil "fun"

But if he was driving and coked out? :smh:

I mean, you tweet lineups, report an injury or two, give weather updates, retweet positive links or comments, use a little humor, update scores/Finals, and that's about it.

Talkin 15-20 tweets a day, if that.

120 grand? My life is all ****** up. :lol:

In the grand scheme of things it's really not lol. Especially in LA.

You're delusional if you think that 120k to run a twitter account is not a lot.

This mindset reminds me of those guys who sit in starbucks all day and think they'll be millionaires by the age of 30.

:lol:

I'd really be shocked if someone was seriously pulling in 120k in any state for running social media accounts.

It's a job many people could do, and many people want. There is no incentive for a team to pay someone that much. There are guys who work in the front office that do actual work towards building the team that make no where near 120k.

Oh man
People gonna stop rocking the Jose Fernandez jerseys after hearing the autopsy report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom