2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm the white sox ... I'm calling the Cubs on any combo package of eloy Jimenez / Jorge Soler / almora / candelario / Baez.. for Chris Sale

If I'm the white sox ... I'm calling the Cubs on any combo package of eloy Jimenez / Jorge Soler / almora / candelario / Baez.. for Chris Sale

Take Baez out of there, and Soler/Eloy is redundant, but not unacceptable.

I would guess you'd have a better shot at Happ over Almora as well.

Otherwise, I'd listen, closely. But the Sox are not helpin the Cubs, no way. They not tryna see Sale flourish in the same city. :lol:

Otherwise, I'd listen, closely. But the Sox are not helpin the Cubs, no way. They not tryna see Sale flourish in the same city. :lol:

From most of my Cubs fans homies they do not wana see Ian traded, they feel he's next to be called up and play some OF for the Cubs.

Well in any deal the Cubs do this winter Soler will be apart of it. I know that for a fact. Baez isn't going anywhere but worth a shot.

I would hate to see him in a Cubs uniform.. but the Sox are in no shape to dictate where he goes and be petty, they need a rebuild in the worst way, you send him to the best damn package you can get, and if Rick and co decide the Cubs have fielded the best offer you gotta take it.

I'm tired of my squads being ***. Bears / Sox / Bulls (ironically the last 2 are owned by the same owner :smh:

Last edited:

From most of my Cubs fans homies they do not wana see Ian traded, they feel he's next to be called up and play some OF for the Cubs.

Well in any deal the Cubs do this winter Soler will be apart of it. I know that for a fact. Baez isn't going anywhere but worth a shot.

I would hate to see him in a Cubs uniform.. but the Sox are in no shape to dictate where he goes and be petty, they need a rebuild in the worst way, you send him to the best damn package you can get, and if Rick and co decide the Cubs have fielded the best offer you gotta take it.

I'm tired of my squads being ***. Bears / Sox / Bulls (ironically the last 2 are owned by the same owner :smh:

I actually think Ian becomes the new Zobrist in a year or two. Switch hitter, position versatile but not dominant, he'll be useful. But in terms of TODAY, if Fowler is leaving, Almora would likely be staying, and Happ is more flipable if you were truly gonna go after Sale.

Soler/Eloy/Happ/Candelario gets the convo started, and likely an arm or two as well. I'd only see them include Almora if they felt they could bring Dexter back for another year or two until Eddy Julio Martinez is ready. (with Dexter looking for 4 years, not likely)

Braves are in on Sale apparently.
Who do the braves have to offer up? Dansby ? 
nerd.gif

I actually think Ian becomes the new Zobrist in a year or two. Switch hitter, position versatile but not dominant, he'll be useful. But in terms of TODAY, if Fowler is leaving, Almora would likely be staying, and Happ is more flipable if you were truly gonna go after Sale.

Soler/Eloy/Happ/Candelario gets the convo started, and likely an arm or two as well. I'd only see them include Almora if they felt they could bring Dexter back for another year or two until Eddy Julio Martinez is ready. (with Dexter looking for 4 years, not likely)
Exactly what all my guys are saying. Those are the guys that thrive with Joe as his coach.

If your the Sox and you can pull off a mix of Soler/Eloy/Candelario/Happ and an arm or 2 you'd have to consider it. 

They need help all over tbh 
mean.gif

I like Eaton, I like Abreu, I like the idea of Tim Anderson, would love a better SS though and move Tim to second.

Melky is cool. Frazier see what you can get for him.

Last edited:
Braves system should be pretty loaded. Not sure who they'd could offer, but they should have enough pieces after all the deals they've made.

Hey, I love Gary, but he didn't play in enough games.
There has been a ton of precedent which states that he DID.  I sincerely hope the voters voted on who they actually believed should have won the award, not hid behind some hallow idea that Sanchez didnt play in enough games.  He did.

He played in 53 games and had 200 at bats. I'm not giving an award to someone who played a third of the games.

I'm giving more credit to someone who put up numbers over the course of the whole season.

For a hitter in recent years, the lowest total of games played I see is Wil Meyers at 88.

You can't play in a third of the games and win a full season award :lol:

He played in 53 games and had 200 at bats. I'm not giving an award to someone who played a third of the games.

I'm giving more credit to someone who put up numbers over the course of the whole season.

For a hitter in recent years, the lowest total of games played I see is Wil Meyers at 88.

You can't play in a third of the games and win a full season award
laugh.gif
Why does it need to be recent history?  If people felt that Gary Sanchez made a bigger impact in 53 games than the next guy did in 162, than so be it.  I just dont think that it should be held against him because baseball history has shown that it hasnt been held against past winners.

Why does it need to be recent history?  If people felt that Gary Sanchez made a bigger impact in 53 games than the next guy did in 162, than so be it.  I just dont think that it should be held against him because baseball history has shown that it hasnt been held against past winners.

Show me this history :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom