2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

What is the baby holding?

Why does it need to be recent history?  If people felt that Gary Sanchez made a bigger impact in 53 games than the next guy did in 162, than so be it.  I just dont think that it should be held against him because baseball history has shown that it hasnt been held against past winners.
Show me this history
laugh.gif
Willie McCovey.  1959.  52 games played.  192 at bats.  

We're all a little smarter than we were in 1959 :lol:

To use you're precedent argument. It's been overruled basically every year for 60 years lol

Last edited:
We're all a little smarter than we were in 1959
laugh.gif

To use you're precedent argument. It's been overruled basically every year for 60 years lol
There have been plenty of examples of players playing half of a season that have gotten the award too.  Some recently.  So I wouldnt say its been overruled for 60 years.  

i can see half a season. but a third? meh...it's not like Seager is a poor choice, either

Last edited:

User Actions

Follow

Kate UptonVerified account

‏@KateUpton

Hey @MLB

I thought I was the only person allowed to **** @JustinVerlander

?! What 2 writers didn't have him on their ballot?

Man she's salty af

I mean...she has a point.  If the 2 people who left Verlander off their ballots all together voted for him period, he would have been the Cy Young.
/shrug
What can she do about it?
I think Verlander should have won but oh well
Looked at all her tweets for the day and she's heated :lol:

User Actions

Follow

Kate UptonVerified account

‏@KateUpton

Hey @MLB

I thought I was the only person allowed to **** @JustinVerlander

?! What 2 writers didn't have him on their ballot?

Man she's salty af
I mean...she has a point.  If the 2 people who left Verlander off their ballots all together voted for him period, he would have been the Cy Young.
/shrug
What can she do about it?
I think Verlander should have won but oh well
Looked at all her tweets for the day and she's heated
laugh.gif
She cant do anything about it, but that doesnt mean she shouldnt be allowed to voice her displeasure.  I think she has a very valid point, even if I didnt think Verlander deserved the award.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom