2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a 3-way tie for 1st in fWAR between Porcello, Verlander, and Sale, with Kluber 0.1 behind them. The award could've reasonably gone to any of those 4. People need to get lost with their outrage. This isn't Cabrera over Trout or some other dumb choice that deserves ridicule.

User Actions

Follow

Kate UptonVerified account

‏@KateUpton

Hey @MLB

I thought I was the only person allowed to **** @JustinVerlander

?! What 2 writers didn't have him on their ballot?

Man she's salty af

I mean...she has a point.  If the 2 people who left Verlander off their ballots all together voted for him period, he would have been the Cy Young.
/shrug

What can she do about it?

I think Verlander should have won but oh well

Looked at all her tweets for the day and she's heated :lol:

She cant do anything about it, but that doesnt mean she shouldnt be allowed to voice her displeasure.  I think she has a very valid point, even if I didnt think Verlander deserved the award.
:lol: who said she can't voice displeasure
She just sounds like a sore loser from the twitter storm she unleashed today

laugh.gif
who said she can't voice displeasure
I guess its all perception.  I think she is very justified to be mad and you think she is coming off as a sore loser.  Agree to disagree.

Porcello isn't undeserving of the award by any stretch. but i couldn't care less about him winning the award. that bum reverted back to his Detroit October pants pissing ways.

and **** David Price, too

CP.....got a question for you. Do you think Joe Maddon was robbed of Manager of the year?

Last edited:
CP.....got a question for you. Do you think Joe Maddon was robbed of Manager of the year?

Naw. MOY is typically the underdog/adversity award. Maddon won last year with a ton of rookies and a worst to 97 wins out of nowhere team. This year he was expected to win a ton of games, and he did. Roberts won with 738 different players, it's a fair win. Maddon being 2nd is perfectly fine.

2014 Tigers rotation:
  • Justin Verlander (2011 AL Cy Young Winner & 2011 ERA Leader)
  • Max Scherzer (2013 AL & 2016 NL Cy Young Winner)
  • David Price (2012 Cy Young Winner & 2015 AL ERA Leader)
  • Rick Porcello (2016 Cy Young Winner)
  • Anibal Sanchez (2013 AL ERA leader)

I love seeing a BOSOX guy win it but I thought Verlander did enough to win.

Eye-test mainly but that man pitched 8 innings every 5 days.

I never watched a game where he didn't go deep and or finish the game himself.

Last edited:
CP.....

Naw. MOY is typically the underdog/adversity award. Maddon won last year with a ton of rookies and a worst to 97 wins out of nowhere team. This year he was expected to win a ton of games, and he did. Roberts won with 738 different players, it's a fair win. Maddon being 2nd is perfectly fine.

Its funny. What you just described about Roberts was the EXACT argument I made last year as to why Mike Mattheny should have won the award, and you accused me of being a Cubs hater.

If Maddon won it last year, he should have this year. Thats my opinion.

There's still no greater robbery to this day than Angel Berroa beating out Hideki Matsui for the AL ROY in 03 :smh: .

CP.....

Its funny. What you just described about Roberts was the EXACT argument I made last year as to why Mike Mattheny should have won the award, and you accused me of being a Cubs hater.

Not really the same thing. Cards are forever in first. Every year. Matheny simply stood there with an incredibly deep team/system and won games. Joe won a ton of games with a LAST place team, with half a squad of rookies. (some that didn't even play the whole year)

And if you paid any attention, you'd know that Cardinal fans want Matheny out on rails, they hate that guy. He's not good, at all. Them giving him an extension was almost as enjoyable as the World Series. :lol:

Roberts really did do a good job with the Dodgers. Matheny didn't do anything, at all. He just has a really great franchise that practically runs itself. They win in spite of him.

Reminder that Mike Trout has more HRs & a higher OPS+ through age 24 than Hank Aaron and should already have 5 MVPs

At age 24, Trout also already has a higher WAR (48.5) than Lou Brock, Jim Rice, Jimmy Rollins, and Omar Vizquel.

CP.....

Not really the same thing. Cards are forever in first. Every year. Matheny simply stood there with an incredibly deep team/system and won games. Joe won a ton of games with a LAST place team, with half a squad of rookies. (some that didn't even play the whole year)

And if you paid any attention, you'd know that Cardinal fans want Matheny out on rails, they hate that guy. He's not good, at all. Them giving him an extension was almost as enjoyable as the World Series. :lol:

Roberts really did do a good job with the Dodgers. Matheny didn't do anything, at all. He just has a really great franchise that practically runs itself. They win in spite of him.

The similarity lies in the amount of lineups and starters that the Cardinals had to run out there due to all the injuries. SOmehow, they still had the best record in baseball last year without their ace, key members of their lineup, hurt starter aftef hurt starter, etc. You may disagree because of how deep the Cardinals farm system is, but it really is the exact same thing as the Dodgers this year.

I know all too well how Cards fans feel about Mattheny currently. Doesnt change the fact that he was incredible last season. The Cards had every reason to be a .500 team, yet had the best record in baseball. I dont see how thats different at all than Roberts and the Dodgers. If anything, the Dodgers have even more of a reason that they can push forward with all the injuries. They had almost 300 million reasons.

Last edited:
laugh.gif
who said she can't voice displeasure
Its not her place to publicly comment on her man's profession. Period. WAGs need to stay in their lane when it comes to that. Ayesha Curry and Miko Grimes were rightfully criticized for their acts. She shouldn't get a pat on the back for coming off as an unhinged sore loser.

Last edited:
Its not her place to publicly comment on her man's profession. Period. WAGs need to stay in their lane when it comes to that. Ayesha Curry and Miko Grimes were rightfully criticized for their acts. She shouldn't get a pat on the back for coming off as an unhinged sore loser.

Miko went next level on Sage Steele (way more profanity and character defamation) and Ayesha accused the NBA of being rigged. While Kate was definitely salty, the situation is a little different compared to the other two. But you're right, WAGs would do themselves a service by just keeping quiet. Twitter can be awesome though haha.

2014 Tigers rotation:

:x

2014 Tigers rotation:

•  
Funny to look back (now), but a few things have to be factored.  

1.  Anibal going to straight garbage after that 2013 season.

2.  Porcello being average (at best during his whole Tigers tenure, and in this year's playoffs).  He also didn't deserve the award at all, but I'm not really upset about him getting it.  Still think his Boston contract is laughable.

3.  David Price 
laugh.gif
.  Dude fell off so hard this year.

Only one I'd most definitely want right now is Max.  I understand management not wanting to pay him at the time, and he definitely deserved the money.  Glad to see him win it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom