2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rookie of the Year? Comeback Player of the Year? All Star Game appearances? Batting title? World Series titles?......... :lol:

I mean, that's great I guess, but as it stands right now, he's played less than 6 seasons' worth of games and there are currently 678 players ahead of him in career WAR.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/leaders/hof_monitor.shtml

He's right next to Juan Pierre. Juan must be a lock too 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

If he retired tomorrow I don't see how Posey would be able to get into the Hall of Fame with his career statistics. He has the individual/team accolades, but his numbers over 8 years don't scream HoF to me.

Of course, the voting for the HoF will be much different by the time he is eligible.

If he retired tomorrow I don't see how Posey would be able to get into the Hall of Fame with his career statistics. He has the individual/team accolades, but his numbers over 8 years don't scream HoF to me.

Of course, the voting for the HoF will be much different by the time he is eligible.

He won comeback player of the year though.

Buster Posey is amazing and may get to the HOF eventually one day if he keeps at it, but there's guys like Edgar Martinez and Tim Raines who aren't in; both of which put in work respectively. The MLB isn't like the NBA or NFL when it comes to allowing guys in the HOF, especially if the current format holds.

You have to compare him to other catchers though. Under that lense, his resume is stronger. Still needs a couple of more years to get in but if he stays consistent he should be fine.

You guys make a good point. Statistically right now his numbers dont scream Hall of Fame. You guys changed my mind. He isnt a HOFer yet.

However, the fact that you guys are discounting his accolades is absolutely insane. Aside from the year he got hurt, Buster has won awards and/or titles every year of his career. Regardless if you guys want to discount them or not, voters DO take them into consideration. People laughing at MVPs, titles and silver sluggers are being ridiculous. Period.

It's not ridiculous. As the voter pool moves away from guys born in the 1940's to smarter voters, people will be more likely to see the value of these awards :lol:

I think I said he has the accolades right now, but needs to continue putting up the numbers he's been putting up for the last 8 years. Not a knock on him, just needs to keep producing and he'll be a lock.

I think MVPs and Silver Sluggers are legit awards. Gold Gloves don't always go to the right player. Only thing he's won that I would say wouldn't sway a voter is Comeback Player of the Year.

That is an interesting trade.

I agree that Walker will be a potential type his whole career. Pretty much Edwin Jackson 2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom