2016 NFL Draft Thread - Do NOT spoil picks during Draft, you are warned.....Mods on standby

So there were 130 FCS players on roster currently and you're wondering why I think it's wrong to question his transition into a 52-player team sport? I mean, that's proving my point ESP. when you use Steve McNair's accomplishments and other outliers to say, 'Look.'

Yeah McNair also QB'd the **** out of teams at Alcorn State. :lol: We have Wentz on a small sample size with like a 20-13 line. If you want to dig your own grave in LA or in the post-Chip era with one of these two then go ahead. QBs! GOTTA have one and leave all rational thought at the door before you do.

Last edited:

just throwing this out there, was pondering this today...

if youre the cowboys and/or a cowboys fan, should you have moved up or tried from 4 to 1 or 2 to go for a the QB? i think they should have.

heres why...

cowboys arent a bad team and when i say a bad team im talking top 1-5 picks in the draft. last year they caught bad breaks. and ended with that record.

yea they pretty much suck on defense but that can be addressed with a slew of picks from round 2 and so on...

theyre obviously on the back end of romos career but hes still there which would give leadership to the QB they would be picking.

i think they failed big time by not going after one of the 2 QBs in the situation theyre in because a team like Dallas or Baltimore wont be picks 4 and 6 very often if at all for a while to be in position or close enough to get the top QB prospect/s in a draft. 

anyone agree?
You also have to add that if , god forbid, Romo goes down again this year. We'd be picking in the top 10 again with a competent qb already under the wing.
It'd be a tough call but I can tell you that I'd be pissed if the Boys had given up as much picks as the Eagles/Rams gave up.
its all hypotehtical and not happening at this point but if it were me id rather have a goff or a wentz locked up for the future of a franchise than take someone like joey bosa who IMO is overrated and at that pick expendable.

i think if they packaged it right they wouldnt have had to give as much up considering itd be moving up only 2-3 spots.

im also looking at it from sort of a business point as well. quote on quote Americas Team, most expensive stadium in the world...youre gonna want that stud QB face of the franchise.

my cousins a die hard cowboys fan and man were those years of Quincy Carter, Ryan Leaf, Chad Hutchinson BAD

if it were a team like the Browns or Titans who perenially pick high, then yea whatever, but IMO in the grand scheme of things, it was a fluke that Dallas got that high of a pick....you wanna go for the gold because they most likely wont be that close again.

Last edited:
I have it

Goff
Wentz
Stanley
Ramsey
Bosa
Tunsil
Buckner

Then Cleveland starts the party.
Strange how interchangeable SD and SF are in this class. Chargers are the catalyst to the entire draft. There's literally 7 different guys Telesco could take. Stanley, Tunsil, Ramsey, Buckner, Bosa, etc.

Truly have no idea who the Browns want. Wouldn't be a bad idea to trade back yet again unless 'Zeke is absolutely your guy at #8. Tampa is also stuck in a tough place. The dream is Bosa falls to #9, but are Lawson and Floyd too early there? Rankins, who is flying up the board?

I "wish" Dallas would take Elliot just to see that offense. He'd be ridiculous behind that Oline. But I get it if/when they go Ramsey.

So there were 130 FCS players on roster currently and you're wondering why I think it's wrong to question his transition into a 52-player team sport? I mean, that's proving my point ESP. when you use Steve McNair's accomplishments and other outliers to say, 'Look.'

Yeah McNair also QB'd the **** out of teams at Alcorn State. :lol: We have Wentz on a small sample size with like a 20-13 line. If you want to dig your own grave in LA or in the post-Chip era with one of these two then go ahead. QBs! GOTTA have one and leave all rational thought at the door before you do.

It's not like Stillin or IAT are making these decisions or this pick :lol:

But they are going to go QB. Agree with the logic or not, that's a different debate

Last edited:

if youre the cowboys and/or a cowboys fan, should you have moved up or tried from 4 to 1 or 2 to go for a the QB? i think they should have.

heres why...

cowboys arent a bad team and when i say a bad team im talking top 1-5 picks in the draft. last year they caught bad breaks. and ended with that record.

yea they pretty much suck on defense but that can be addressed with a slew of picks from round 2 and so on...

theyre obviously on the back end of romos career but hes still there which would give leadership to the QB they would be picking.

i think they failed big time by not going after one of the 2 QBs in the situation theyre in because a team like Dallas or Baltimore wont be picks 4 and 6 very often if at all for a while to be in position or close enough to get the top QB prospect/s in a draft. 

anyone agree?

You are correct about the Cowboys not being bad team and I don't expect us to be picking in the Top 5 next year (unless we lose our starting QB, RB, WR, and CB).

However, moving up made no sense what so ever, too many holes to fill so they aren't in a position to be giving away draft picks like free water. The team is in win now mode with Romo, drafting a QB like Goff or Wentz doesn't put us any closer to the ultimate goal which is winning now.

There are some decent QBs in the later rounds that they're looking at, I'm glad they didn't box themselves into a situation where it was Goff/Wentz or nothing at all.

Cowboys really never have been an organization that "develops" QBs so IMO Romo's eventual replacement will either be a FA signing or someone they acquire through a trade.

Now if this was a year where you had guys like Luck or Winston coming out of college then I would agree with your "they failed big time" comment. My guess is the Cowboys liked Goff/Wentz but not enough to move up. If one of those guys would have fell in their laps then I could see an argument made in regards to taking a QB or going with a different position.

As of now stay at #4 and draft Ramsey or Zeke.

Last edited:

heres why...

anyone agree?

You are correct about the Cowboys not being bad team and I don't expect us to be picking in the Top 5 next year (unless we lose our starting QB, RB, WR, and CB).

However, moving up made no sense what so ever, too many holes to fill so they aren't in a position to be giving away draft picks like free water. The team is in win now mode with Romo, drafting a QB like Goff or Wentz doesn't put us any closer to the ultimate goal which is winning now.

There are some decent QBs in the later rounds that they're looking at, I'm glad they didn't box themselves into a situation where it was Goff/Wentz or nothing at all.

Cowboys really never have been an organization that "develops" QBs so IMO Romo's eventual replacement will either be a FA signing or someone they acquire through a trade.

Now if this was a year where you had guys like Luck or Winston coming out of college then I would agree with your "they failed big time" comment. My guess is the Cowboys liked Goff/Wentz but not enough to move up. If one of those guys would have fell in their laps then I could see an argument made in regards to taking a QB or going with a different position.

As of now stay at #4 and draft Ramsey or Zeke.
Fair enough and good points. like i said just trying to strum up some what ifs and conversation, kinda bored 
laugh.gif

you haven't answered why Goff will turn the ball over at a "historic rate"

I will wait...

Last edited:
i think the cowboys season comes down to romo.. i could see them picking top 5 again if he goes down..

if he stays healthy and they draft zeke, i could see them winning 10+

i think they have the highest.. and maybe the lowest ceiling of the NFC east.. no clue what really to expect from the giants, hence the maybe

Last edited:
Chargers should trade back to the 6th spot with the Ravens. I'm sure Baltimore will go LT and go after LT.

Chargers should trade back to the 6th spot with the Ravens. I'm sure Baltimore will go LT and go after LT.

I approve of this.

If we ain't taking Tunsil or Ramsey then TRADE THE DAMN PICK!!

Makes no sense to take the 10th rated player at 3 dawg.

Get a couple picks and then take who you really want, they'll still be there

Am I the only person that thinks tipping picks is no big deal?

It's actually weird to me people don't want them.

Last edited:
You think Mack is a better fit for Carolina vs Jackson III ? champcruthik champcruthik
Not necessarily the better fit per se but certainly the better overall CB prospect. You think Jackson fits better with Carolina's aggressive Trap Coverage schemes? Rivera/McDermott will adjust defensively to match Mackensie's strengths like they did with Josh Norman, not that I'm saying Alexander will be the same caliber DB. The tape doesn't lie, Mack put clamps on Fuller and Ridley. Showed a willingness to tackle also.

I'm only taking Ramsey and VH3 over Mackensie. He'll have a better career than Apple, Jackson, and Burns. Also love Kendall Fuller in R2.

Am I the only person that thinks tipping picks is no big deal?

It's actually weird to me people don't want them.

nah i think there's a decent amount of people who share your opinion.

i think for others, it's just the sense of surprise they like getting hearing it announced on TV

Rams and Eagles are both reaching hard with these QB's. Rams are tryna get some buzz going with moving to LA, they're tryna sell something to the fans. The Eagles are just stuck at the QB position. Bradford is soft as hell. So I get why both teams are made the moves but for these 2 QB's? :lol: Hell no.

I just hope Zeke falls to the Giants. Do the right thing Cowboys.

Last edited:
Giants drafting a RB with all the holes we have on our line would be so dumb. Zeke would look like Trent Richardson with our O line. We going OL or DL. Possibly a LB hybrid.

Spoiling picks is dumb. Why would I want to see the 4th pick two minutes before announced. Might as well not watch and just read up tonight or wait tomorrow for the entire list.

watching the draft is irrelevant to me if the picks are spoiled

the best moments of the draft are the shocking picks being shown live with reactions

Like when the Texans announced they were getting Mario Williams and not Reggie bush days before.

Goff and Wentz are already NFL failures in a lot of minds here, it's baffling to me
i think its partly because youre coming off a year where both qbs selected #1, #2 were in the heisman race as well as the FBS playoffs (Winston / Mariota)

so in comparison its like "meh who are these guys"

Back
Top Bottom