2016 NFL Draft Thread - Do NOT spoil picks during Draft, you are warned.....Mods on standby

Cowboys trying to figure every way to blow this draft. After having a few year run of being one of the smarter drafting teams.

if they go defense and manage to pull Jack or Spence and then a DB...wouldn't call it terrible

And if they succeeded trading the 2nd & 3rd round for Paxton Lynch?

Can't get much worse than that. I even liked Paxton at # 34.

But trading 2nd & 3rd after you completely ignored defense at # 4.

Can't have a much worse draft than that.

They can salvage the draft. If they stay on defense for 2nd & 3rd round. But if they all of a sudden take Connor Cook at # 34. SMH

Last edited:
I haven't been a fan of Lynch but I think he could work out in that system in Denver.

Last 4 First Rounds:

LA Rams
Tavon Austin WR
Alec Ogletree LB
Greg Robinson OT
Aaron Donald DT
Todd Gurley RB
Jared Goff QB

Whew. Damn shame they won't have a first rounder next year, but having 6 the past 4 years will help alleviate some of that I suppose.

But, they don't have their next pick til Round 4, pick #110. The cost of getting Goff could keep them from really rounding out that roster, coulda had Paxton Lynch at 15 instead, and still had their 2nd, 3rd and first round pick next year.

Interesting study over the next couple years.

If they couldn't round out their roster with the picks from the RG3 trade then they probably wouldn't have done anything if they kept them.

You see those picks, that don't include Brockers, Chris Long, Janoris, Zeurlein, Joyner, they seem to be trending towards doin well with their picks the last 4-5 years. No?

If they are doing so well why 7-9 and 8-8 every year?

I have no idea

View media item 2012625
:nerd:

Also, the Seahawks and 49ers being part of 3 of the last 4 Super Bowls, as well as the Cardinals blossoming as well. Toughest division in the sport the last 4-5 years.

Their division record the last 2 years is better than their record outside of it though.

They went 4-2 in the division last year, 3-10 outside of it.

Last 4 First Rounds:

LA Rams
Tavon Austin WR
Alec Ogletree LB
Greg Robinson OT
Aaron Donald DT
Todd Gurley RB
Jared Goff QB

Whew. Damn shame they won't have a first rounder next year, but having 6 the past 4 years will help alleviate some of that I suppose.

But, they don't have their next pick til Round 4, pick #110. The cost of getting Goff could keep them from really rounding out that roster, coulda had Paxton Lynch at 15 instead, and still had their 2nd, 3rd and first round pick next year.

Interesting study over the next couple years.

If they couldn't round out their roster with the picks from the RG3 trade then they probably wouldn't have done anything if they kept them.

You see those picks, that don't include Brockers, Chris Long, Janoris, Zeurlein, Joyner, they seem to be trending towards doin well with their picks the last 4-5 years. No?

If they are doing so well why 7-9 and 8-8 every year?

I have no idea

View media item 2012625
:nerd:

Also, the Seahawks and 49ers being part of 3 of the last 4 Super Bowls, as well as the Cardinals blossoming as well. Toughest division in the sport the last 4-5 years.

Their division record the last 2 years is better than their record outside of it though.

They went 4-2 in the division last year, 3-10 outside of it.

Cause and effect? You get into a street brawl every week with the Hawks, Cards, and 9ers, you play other teams with the tank on E a lil bit, don'tcha?

Fisher maybe doesn't gameplan well against teams he doesn't see regularly? :nerd:

Stop worrying about wins and losses, do the trend of their picks the last few years show they've been drafting pretty well or not? From that list of names I gave you, I'd say yes. So having an extra 3-4 picks the next year or so could have helped deepen that team even more, and still added a QB in Lynch at 15. Alas......

They are drafting well and still not winning that's my point.

Also the NFL is a salary cap league so your team and only be "deep" for so long. Eventually people have to be paid.

If they keep all those picks and hit on them then those dudes are simply filling in for the good players they already have that are leaving in free agency because you can't pay everyone.

Les Snead's plan was to build a championship contender with the *******'s picks. There is literally a sign in his office that says that.

They drafted well and it still didn't work, hence a new plan.

Last edited:
Schefter:

Cowboys offered Seahawks 2nd- and 3rd-round picks for their 1st to trade up for Paxton Lynch, per @toddarcher. Broncos' offer trumped it.

Dallas also considered trading 4th overall pick to Baltimore for Ravens' 1 and 4, but Cowboys balked at end, nervous they wouldn't get RB.
sick.gif

Cowboys trying to figure every way to blow this draft. After having a few year run of being one of the smarter drafting teams.
I'm still feeling some type of way about taking Elliot at 4 because I really wanted Ramsey but given that trade scenario above I'll live with it.

Want no parts of Lynch on the Cowboys.

Hope Jerry doesn't do any shenanigans tomorrow or Saturday and reach for one of these other QBs.

Wasn't able to catch the draft with NT today. As a Raider fan, let me get some unbiased opinions on Karl Joseph. I feel like his ceiling and motor are high and he can blow the **** out of people but I haven't seen enough tape yet.

Wasn't able to catch the draft with NT today. As a Raider fan, let me get some unbiased opinions on Karl Joseph. I feel like his ceiling and motor are high and he can blow the **** out of people but I haven't seen enough tape yet.

One of the best players in the whole draft. You won't be disappointed unless he gets hurt again.

if they go defense and manage to pull Jack or Spence and then a DB...wouldn't call it terrible

Exactly.

My fellow Cowboys fans been screaming and moaning for years "we have no run game" "Romo throws the ball too much" :smh: .. now we actually have one, along with a young OL, and dudes still up in arms? :lol:

My ideal scenario was Ramsey/Henry but if we end up with Zeke/Spence or Jack I'd be ecstatic.

Just can't think about taking a QB until the 4th round, next two picks have to be defense.

Back
Top Bottom