2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

It's all posturing he's going back to OKC, spoiler alert his two meetings tomorrow are going to be fantastic as well.

but why does he need to posture? He's getting whatever he needs from OKC. He isn't using anyone to get OKC to come to the table.

You think them trading ibaka didnt have anything to do with KD's free agency
You think KD was gonna sign to okay with a 15mil deal that surely was gonna come in for waiters?

Last edited:
wade has to go to ny jus for the story vs lebron

carmelo got drafted same year as bron, used to be compared to him

drose took an mvp from bron

wade he left in mia 

and noah jus never liked him
Adam Silver needs to do a basketball decision move on this :pimp:

Now that I think about it Gabby ain't tryna live in no Milwaukee. He might actually go to NY if the Heat gon disrespect him.

tumblr_n6eejhw8BB1taao3wo1_500.gif

You think them trading ibaka didnt have anything to do with KD's free agency
You think KD was gonna sign to okay with a 15mil deal that surely was gonna come in for waiters?

Of course. But i guarantee they talked to KD before they mad that trade, He approved.

My point is KD isn't using any of these as leverage. Leverage for what? He;s going to get what he wants regardless. They getting him $15M more to make him happy? No.

He's just listening to what everyone else has to say. Not to get more money

but why does he need to posture? He's getting whatever he needs from OKC. He isn't using anyone to get OKC to come to the table.

More for the recruitment aspect and free dinners. Everyone likes to have their ego stroked. Posturing =/= leverage it's giving the appearance that you're interested in all these teams but you know where your heart is
Same deal Melo went through a few years ago.

Last edited:
Bravo Riley. Time to cut bait with Wade. Sometimes you just gotta made that bold move.

In 3 years, people will be saying thank god the Heat didn't overpay Wade just because he was the ultimate team player

You have one person to blame Dwayne. You. Thats what you get for looking out for the organization. Big dummy. But it paid out in rings.

the free dinners aspect is silly though. I hear it a lot. These dudes don't care about a damn free dinner. Really? A free dinner at Mastro's doesnt get me excited.

You only have a few opportunities to get courted. You must do it. So yes, i get the recruitment process. I really think he's doing this for next year as well.

Miami needs to pay Wade even if its not the max it should be close to it just since he gave the Heat 3 rings

Like these fools getting hundreds of millions care about a free dinner :lol:

I never understood why this gets thrown out so much. "free dinner" :lol:

These guys probably don't even pay for their own dinner when they're not free agents

the free dinners aspect is silly though. I hear it a lot. These dudes don't care about a damn free dinner. Really? A free dinner at Mastro's doesnt get me excited.

You only have a few opportunities to get courted. You must do it. So yes, i get the recruitment process. I really think he's doing this for next year as well.

Everybody likes free food man. It's not a big aspect but it is part of the process. If you think he's doing this again, doesn't that by definition mean you think he already knows where he's going and this is all just a dog and pony show.

I never understood why this gets thrown out so much. "free dinner" :lol:

These guys probably don't even pay for their own dinner when they're not free agents

I use to think this was some type of joke.

But i legit think some think players care about a free dinner.

Everybody likes free food man. It's not a big aspect but it is part of the process. If you think he's doing this again, doesn't that by definition mean you think he already knows where he's going and this is all just a dog and pony show.

no. We know he's signing a 1+1. If he doesn't, more respeck to him.

So he isn't doing this again. He's doing this now and won't need to do it next year since he heard everyones pitch.

Lets face it. He's going back to OKC. No ifs ands or buts. But in case Westbrook doesn't resign, he at least knows what the Spurs, Warriors, Clippers, and everyone else is about. At that point, its about who can give him what.

If i don't care about a free dinner, these guys shouldn't. You're a fool if you make millions and get excited for dinner. A $200 per person dinner is like getting a big mac for these guys

Back
Top Bottom