2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

97% of everyone loved Conley last year. Talking about underrated this, underrated that. But nobody can align themselves after this deal

Honestly Atlanta didn't do too bad with Dwight

3 years ain't bad especially next to trillsap

I like horford but Dwight might offer them a better different dimension defensively

with all the shenanigans going on, how is Horford not a max player by now? If he holding out for someone?

Honestly Atlanta didn't do too bad with Dwight

3 years ain't bad especially next to trillsap

I like horford but Dwight might offer them a better different dimension defensively

3 year deals are fantastic. At worst, you have him for 2 years and then have a valuable chip to trade in the last year of the contract

I thought Dwight would do better.

Awfully quiet in the Barnes camp

Last edited:
97% of everyone loved Conley last year. Talking about underrated this, underrated that. But nobody can align themselves after this deal

He was a easy guy to love, very scrappy, undersized but with intangibles.

Has nothing to do with the ridiculous that we've just experienced.

Literally nobody thinks he deserves this deal, I don't see how you could be ok with this if you're not his family.

Shout out his dad who is his agent, you know they drinking tonight.

3 year deals are fantastic. At worst, you have him for 2 years and then have a valuable chip to trade in the last year of the contract

I thought Dwight would do better.

Awfully quiet in the Barnes camp

Barnes getting 5/100m from the Sixers, just wait.

with all the shenanigans going on, how is Horford not a max player by now? If he holding out for someone?

He's still in play to stay with the Hawks they're trying to find a landing spot for Millsap.

wasn't his Dad a triple jumper?

Oden is two Henny bottles deep today

YO.

WHO THE **** WOULD HAVE EVER THOUGHT THAT ON THAT OHIO STATE TEAM, MIKE CONLEY WOULD BE THE ONE WHO ONE DAY WOULD BE HIGHEST PAID PLAYER IN NBA HISTORY?

HISTORIC.

Last edited:
Lots of people heated over nothing. Talking about deserving deals and such.

It's not like his "highest paid" status is going to last. A silly thing to care about.

Unless your squad is overpaying a bum I don't see why you'd care

We all should care. We're paying for this. You think ticket prices, merchandise, sports regionals cable bills, etc. remain the same?

All of this gets passed onto the consumer.

Every hot dog at each stadium just went up $2.25 today

Lots of people heated over nothing. Talking about deserving deals and such.

It's not like his "highest paid" status is going to last. A silly thing to care about.

Unless your squad is overpaying a bum I don't see why you'd care
Everyone who's made an all-star game in the last 3 years is going to point to Conley when it's time to negotiate. The Grizzlies overpaying affects everyone, there's leverage lost.

We all should care. We're paying for this. You think ticket prices, merchandise, sports regionals cable bills, etc. remain the same?

All of this gets passed onto the consumer.

Every hot dog at each stadium just went up $2.25 today

The only thing you listed that makes sense is the Cable bill.

Everyone who's made an all-star game in the last 3 years is going to point to Conley when it's time to negotiate. The Grizzlies overpaying affects everyone, there's leverage lost.
The price jump was happening anyway.
They're giving him the most money that they could have possibly given in addition to it being the year with the new cap. That's huge, in my opinion he wasn't worth max before the cap jumped yet alone after. If Westbrook gets offered 150 for 5 it's no longer a 150Ms it's "The same contract as Mike Conley?"

Last edited:

The price jump was happening anyway.
They're giving him the most money that they could have possibly given in addition to it being the year with the new cap. That's huge. If Westbrook gets offered 150 for 5 it's no longer a 150 it's "The same contract as Mike Conley?"

Max is max.

The contract Westbrook signs is going to the same percentage of a 114 million cap.

He's going to get more.

Mike Conley advanced stats have been on a downward trend the last 3 years and he is the highest paid player in NBA history.

He shot 42% last year and got maxed out.

He peaked in 2012 and got 150 million over 5.

God is real, pray gentlemen.

A downward trend? Last year he was hurt. The previous two seasons, he virtually had the same type of numbers, but took less shot attempts in 2014-15. If we were bringing Conley back without improving the team in other ways, I would hate it. I still don't like the deal, but its stupid to not look at the big picture. You of all people should know Conley and Marc are not going anywhere. Everyone on here was blowing smoke talking about how Conley was going to leave and should leave and how great of a fit he would be elsewhere. Yet, when we retain him AFTER adding a legit starter, its the worse thing in the world.

At the end of the day, the FO wants to remain competitive for another 2 years AT LEAST. Maybe 3. We upgraded our coaching staff, got more athletic in the draft, added a more talented wing and will hopefully have our former DPOTY healthy next season along with Mike. Its not the end of the world because we maxed out our starting PG from the last 6+ years. And you're crazy if you don't think he's a top 10 PG based off his PPG and APG (if that's all you're looking at).

If Conley got his max deal last season, which would've probably been around 5yrs/$100 or $110M, people wouldn't really say much. Its basic economics that he got a higher deal due to the cap going up.

I do hate the fact the last two years will suck with him under that contract. But, obviously, the FO cares about the next 2-3 years. Also, people laughed at Conley's contract 5 years ago and then everyone start calling him "underrated". I hope he does put up career numbers next year, but at the end of the day, he's NEVER going to outperform his contract. Just like 75% of the NBA.

Last edited:
Conley for sure wasn't going anywhere.

That "he would be such a good Spur" talk was more far fetched than "KD would be such a good SPur" talk.

Back
Top Bottom