2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

I can see it's going to take some time for folks to understand this new "budget"

By folks I mean fans, the FO's have it right already I assure you.

So are yall going to be in contention next season with max Parsons and biggest contract of alll time Conley?

So are yall going to be in contention next season with max Parsons and biggest contract of alll time Conley?

Is someone finally going to tell me what the Grizz would do when its time to rebuild after Conley leaves this offseason and its time to trade Marc? A few days ago, people were talking about how Memphis would trade Marc if Conley leaves. Now, people acting stupid like Conley would leave and the Grizz can go sign E'Twuan Moore and be all good.

The Grizz are what? 2nd in the NBA behind the Spurs with the most playoff appearances over the last 6-7 years? Fan support is still at an all-time high. The franchise is making money. Anything can happen in the NBA with how injuries occur. I know we will be good enough to be a top 4 team in the West if healthy. Whatever happens after that, we don't know.

Last edited:
For one you don't have to worry about trading Conley for a few years, and 2, yes, it's tradeable next year for sure, but 100% tradeable in 2020

Conley won't be the biggest for long.

It's like outrunning the comp in a track meet for the first 75yrds of a 100yd dash, then The last 25 yards you get passed and beat by a couple lengths.

Last edited:
Conley won't be the biggest for long.

It's like outrunning the comp in a track meet for the first 75yrds of a 100yd dash, the. The last 25 yards you get passed and beat by a couple lengths.

It seems like many don't understand that. I mentioned a few pages back that Conley's contract will probably be somewhere in the top 15-20 after a few seasons. Maybe much lower than that. He was ranked the 30th best player in the NBA before last season and had an injury plagued season. He's going to at least perform at a top 30-35 level the next 2 seasons as long as he stays healthy.

DA:

Utah agrees to terms with Joe Johnson on a two-year, $22 million deal, per league source.
we lost joe johnson? smfh its getting ugly fast on the heat. we're about to lose tyler johnson, we're losing joe johnson, we're losing bosh most likely, we're probably losing deng. WHAT. THE. ****. We'll have a starting 5 and 2 towel boys to play with.

Last edited:
Conley definitely had the stars lined up

Still doesn't mean we can't be surprised a non all star became the highest paid in league history

Next summer we will see crazier deals

Is someone finally going to tell me what the Grizz would do when its time to rebuild after Conley leaves this offseason and its time to trade Marc? A few days ago, people were talking about how Memphis would trade Marc if Conley leaves. Now, people acting stupid like Conley would leave and the Grizz can go sign E'Twuan Moore and be all good.

The Grizz are what? 2nd in the NBA behind the Spurs with the most playoff appearances over the last 6-7 years? Fan support is still at an all-time high. The franchise is making money. Anything can happen in the NBA with how injuries occur. I know we will be good enough to be a top 4 team in the West if healthy. Whatever happens after that, we don't know.
Atlanta?

You become the Sixers and just cash in off revenue sharing whether fans come or not. Or you stack up on some draft picks and begin a rebuild, take the saved money and get someone good enough to keep you afloat but not cost 30m's and 22m's. I'll take James Johnson for the tax payer's MLE over Parsons, Bayless, Lin, or E'Twuan Moore for 9m over Conley for 31, and still miss or barely make the playoffs and I just saved you almost 40ms at 2 positions

Out of respect to Zbo and Marc, ask them if they want out and if so oblige. Even better, save me some more money. Anthony Tollivers and Damien Wilkins types are always out there to fill out rosters cheap

Last edited:

We know for sure Memphis ain't going no damn where next year. :lol: Their window is shut. Top 4 team?

Project Pat, Yo Gotti and Young Dolph don't believe that.

DA:

Utah agrees to terms with Joe Johnson on a two-year, $22 million deal, per league source.
we lost joe johnson? smfh its getting ugly fast on the heat. we're about to lose tyler johnson, we're losing joe johnson, we're losing bosh most likely, we're probably losing deng. WHAT. THE. ****. We'll have a starting 5 and 2 towel boys to play with.
Heat and Knicks together might make a full team
Conley definitely had the stars lined up

Still doesn't mean we can't be surprised a non all star became the highest paid in league history

Next summer we will see crazier deals
All because an org was too shook to lose someone that they're not going anywhere with anyways.

Atlanta?

You become the Sixers and just cash in off revenue sharing whether fans come or not. Or you stack up on some draft picks and begin a rebuild, take the saved money and get someone good enough to keep you afloat but not cost 30m's and 22m's. I'll take James Johnson for the tax payer's MLE, Bayless, Lin, or E'Twuan Moore for 9m over Conley for 31, and still miss or barely make the playoffs and I just saved you 37m at 2 positions.

Out of respect to Zbo and Marc, ask them if they want out and if so oblige. Even better, save me some more money. Anthony Tollivers and Damien Wilkins types are always out there to fill out rosters cheap

Atlanta what? I hope you're not claiming them to be the Hawks or are you saying Atlanta was one of the other playoff teams?

:lol: at becoming the Sixers. That's not going to work bruh, not in a Memphis market. This FO has stated that we are trying to remain a consistent competitive team, that's why I gave up the "rebuild" dream. We should've rebuilt before re-signing Marc. Once we locked Marc in on a max deal, it was over. I don't know why people expected something different to go down with Conley after we just maxed Marc out because he didn't want to leave Conley.

Every team isn't lucky enough to have the type of draft OKC had. You have several teams that try to rebuild and can never get out of it for quite some time (aka Philly). Rebuilding can sometimes be as difficult as trying to win a championship and I think some people forget that. You can rebuild all you want, but you could very well see yourself out of the playoff picture for 8-10 years. Look how long the Twolves been out of the playoffs? They are finally starting to put something together and its still not guaranteed to work out for them.

That's why I said man...this team is going to ride it out for the next few years. They are good enough to be very competitive over the next two years. After that, who knows what happens? They may add another piece. But, ya'll have to understand its not that simple.

We know for sure Memphis ain't going no damn where next year. :lol: Their window is shut. Top 4 team?

Project Pat, Yo Gotti and Young Dolph don't believe that.

okeh

Last edited:
I mean who is going to kill us?

Houston is dead.
We kill Portland in matchups.
Dallas is dead.

Please don't bring the Pelicans into it again. I'll believe it when it happens. Minnesota is still a few years away. Utah is improving and will probably make the playoffs. If the Clippers don't get KD, I don't see how anyone can say "its their year" again. I mean the West is finally getting a little weaker and now the Grizz are a "1st round exit" because people are overblowing what happened last year during an injury plagued year. :lol:

I mean damn...let's see what happens for the rest of the offseason and see who else the Grizz add. Let's also see if we can just have a healthy year under Fizdale. Grizz been doomed since 2013 according to most on here, so I honestly don't give a damn what most random posters say. The ones who've been on here consistently know this team not going anywhere anytime soon.

Last edited:
So $30mil a year for Conley and $10mil a year for Wade
roll.gif
Maybe this is the year Conley finally becomes an all star

The all-star argument is so trash. He plays in a conference with Westbrook, Paul, Curry, Klay and Harden. I'm sure if he was in the East where guys like Lil Zeke, Lowry, etc. can make it, he would've been made quite a few all-star appearances.

Clippers meeting with Durant was “intense” and “at one point Steve Ballmer was crying” but everyone grew closer and a big lesson was learned

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

This reminds me of when the Hawks maxed out Joe Johnson.

NBA Purgotory.

Not good enough to compete, not good enough to tank.

The casuel fan doesn't know any better.

Grizz aren't better then the Thunder / Spurs / Warriors and pretty much gonna float in that 5-8 mix.

Hawks of the west.

Back
Top Bottom