2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

We offered him what we could, 2 yrs/40 mill. He left for 7 million more, when you factor in state income tax, he isn't making any more over there than he would've here had he taken our offer. In the end, he probably let LeBron get in his head and convince him that he needed to leave based on principle. Fine, but we weren't going to wager our future for an aging superstar like the Lakers did.
Man please. Yall first offered him 10 MILLION A YEAR. Mega slap in the face.

those aren't real fans though.

Look at how A-Friend handled a significant loss vs. how Tek handled it.

Completely different sides of the spectrum.

Don't throw all fans who get their hearts broken into the same pot. Some really do cheer for what's on the from of the jersey
true. you right on that. 

With Barbosa now signing with the Suns there's no way in hell they don't move one of Knight or Bledsoe. They have like 6 point guards and Booker needs all the minutes he can get at SG.

welp, you proved me wrong.

Some people can view a players abilities and know when its time to cut bait. Thats why they get paid to make decisions. YOu're not seeing 10% of what they see on a daily basis. Wade not practicing, for example. This dude is done.

Kobe showed them the blueprint.

Bravo Miami.

I can't wait for Gerald Green era to begin
wade not practicing? what r u talking about? dude is on vacay in spain. he had his best year in years. u cant say hes done when hes clearly still the most dependable player on the team. kobe on the other hand was looking like a cancer in his last couple of years. gigantic contract and not leading the team to wins. if u look at wades abilities and decide its time to cut ties, then u dont know basketball. hes still easily a top sg in the league.

welp, you proved me wrong.

Some people can view a players abilities and know when its time to cut bait. Thats why they get paid to make decisions. YOu're not seeing 10% of what they see on a daily basis. Wade not practicing, for example. This dude is done.

Kobe showed them the blueprint.

Bravo Miami.

I can't wait for Gerald Green era to begin
lakers were stupid to be loyal to kobe when he was washed. heat arent that stupid. i wish my organization wasnt as dumb as they are. these are smart business decisions. 

Wow.

Wow.

I hope it never gets to that point. It will be bad for All fans. It will be bad for the game.
man miss me with that. fans arent even loyal. we see them jumping ship left and right for the dumbest things. loyalty doesnt really exist. how many times in the past two weeks have we heard im not a " bulls, heat etc etc " fan anymore. 
You talking about a few fans on one thread on one forum and acting like that's the entirety of fandom.

I understand it's cool to say "f loyalty it will get you killed" "f loyalty this is business" because Yung Thug and Hoochie Mane rap about it so you be about it too but.....

Yall sound silly. Real childish. Every situation is different, applying "f loyalty" to life in general and NBA as a whole, I would never allow cats like that in my circle, cause I'm a loyal Mother F'er and I can't vibe with it....

DO you though bruh

Last edited:
they offered him 20 mil a year. dirk got hosed more then wade the past few years and just signed the same deal that the heat offered wade. if i was a heat fan id be more mad that wade dipped for 7 mil .

I think the initial 1yr/$10M offer did them in. I think there's some hidden truth into that offer. Sometimes you offer someone such a low amount to get them to leave.

I've left a company because they offered me a 10% raise, which i thought was a slap in the face (i wanted 40%). Left for less paying job. But in the end, it was a decision i had to make and never looked back.

Everybody saying "this is Business there is no loyalty"

This is why I don't have kids. 

You guys are sick.

You talking about a few fans on one thread on one forum and acting like that's the entirety of fandom.

I understand it's cool to say "f loyalty it will get you killed" "f loyalty this is business" because Yung Thug and Hoochie Mane rap about it so you be about it too but.....

Yall sound silly. Real childish. Every situation is different, applying "f loyalty" to life in general and NBA as a whole, I would never allow cats like that in my circle, cause I'm a loyal Mother F'er and I can't vibe with it....

DO you though bruh
WORD. to me, it is about loyalty to an extent. dudes in here talking about F the fans, F loyalty, just do you. How is that gonna work? If its just do you, then certainly yall love what kdurant just did by joining the warriors cuz F the fans, and loyalty, and this is clearly better for him right? the heat showed NO loyalty to wade. and thats what i cant vibe with. wade didnt deserve that. seeing my organization turn heel on their greatest player ever? nah. cant condone that

You guys are sick.

DO you though bruh
yeah i just get upset when i hear dudes switching teams over players but its really not that significant nor does it effect me but it bugs me.  yeah you right.

im loyal to my team(not players though, this is basketball, business ) . im a loyal dude in real life and i pride myself on that. 

i dont know who yung thug or hoochie man are though. this is a business though and there is no loyalty . you dont agree on that? 

Last edited:
I think the initial 1yr/$10M offer did them in. I think there's some hidden truth into that offer. Sometimes you offer someone such a low amount to get them to leave.

I've left a company because they offered me a 10% raise, which i thought was a slap in the face (i wanted 40%). Left for less paying job. But in the end, it was a decision i had to make and never looked back.
u wanted a FORTY percent raise? o_O u gonna have to drop some background info on how u even came to that valuation, word to Dame, and Mr. Wonderful, and Mark Cuban

**** no. i already HATED spoelstra with a burning SEETHING passion for years. i thought miami was constantly making stupid trades and deals. i didnt think dragic was the right move. nor his gigantic contract. i said as SOON as free agency started, the common sense thing to do is hit luxury tax to keep this core team together at all costs. instead? we lose every important role player AND wade? WHAT IN TARNATION?

I'm telling you, the Heat making the right decision. This is about 2-3 years from now. A lot of teams just keep players around 3-4 years too long (mark my words, the Knicks will fall into that category with Melo).

It sets them back.

You don't want to be just better than Mediocre in the league (45-50 wins), i.e. Memphis Grizzlies (flame suit on). Worst place to be.

You keep the fans happy, but in due time, you;ll regret it. Lakers did it with Kobe. They kept him around when nobody was offering him $25M per. BUT, that was a tough decision. Kobe is the God here. I see why they did it. But it put the lakers back 5+ years.

And during that time, they stocked up on pics, working on repairing their look, and waiting for the one big free agent who isn't scared to jump on board.

Now the Heat can get an even better look on Winslow. See what he's about. Everyone knows Goran won't be around after this contract is up, hell, probably traded in 2 years. Richardson going to get a ton of run. I love that dude.

You guys gonna be alright. Its Miami. Still a destination for rich athletes

You guys are sick.
Help me out here because I'm failing to see the correlation
That was a reply to a post a few pages back that I decided not to post, it just got stuck at the top of that particular post because NT been tripping and glichy lately....
Ahh yeah I been having the same problem. Keep having to check the top of my posts to make sure an old one isn't just sitting up there 
laugh.gif

that his own fault though. if i was a player id do whats best for me , not for my team. at the end of the day, this is a business. these teams arent your fam . 
ud do whats best for you and not the team? boy. u prolly that dude on the court chucking shots from damn near halfcourt trying to flex on everyone but in reality costing your team the game. how u a part of a TEAM and only thinking about yourself? what part of the game is that?

Back
Top Bottom