2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Looks like Lebron made a good decision. So did Kevin. Do what you want to do. Damn the owners. Damn the team. Protect your pocketbook. There is no loyalty in this. There should be no emotion. Make business decisions and keep it moving...

owners and the league been running this like a business.
players need to do what's best for them. forget loyalty, fans, etc. do what's best for you

What will be a bigger deal, Durant's first game back in OKC or Wade's in Miami??
Durant. The Wade fans should understand more. Ownership wouldnt pay when Wade has conceded many a time for the franchise.

OKC fans are flat out hurt and angry

We offered him what we could, 2 yrs/40 mill. He left for 7 million more, when you factor in state income tax, he isn't making any more over there than he would've here had he taken our offer. In the end, he probably let LeBron get in his head and convince him that he needed to leave based on principle. Fine, but we weren't going to wager our future for an aging superstar like the Lakers did.

dirk can still play though and i think its cool that cuban has him set for life. 

kobe couldnt and got all that money and handicapped us for years. that last contract he got , he shouldnt have gotten imo. im a firm believer in the "what have you done for me lately" mindset. this is business. loyalty doesnt exists. 

miami offered him 20 mil a year and thats not enough. miss me with that. his fault he took pay cuts years before, no one made him do it. miami offered him more then enough. 

Last edited:
Most players probably thinking Miami made the right move by letting Wade walk over $7M.

Players don't worry about what type of message this sends.

In about a year, the Heat and their 1145 fans will be better off for not having Wade.

In my opinion, this makes them an even more threat to get Russ. Pat has a whole year to get ready too

What good are your shooters if you can't put them on the floor when it matters? Between Rondo, Wade, and Butler...which one are you taking off the floor in the 4th to put your "shooters" in the game?

They've committed over 150 mil to their big 3.

Those are gonna be the 3 guys leading them in minutes, and none of those shooters you listed can play center so at best they're going to have 1 shooter on the floor most of the time.

Floor spacing will be a problem, period.

They have two years invested in Rondo and they're not even paying him that much...Wade-Valentine-Butler-Mirotic-Taj will be a really good unit. Probably their best overall lineup they put out there chemistry-wise.

Rondo will probably get pissed off at some point but we'll see how he handles it.

Out of all the 2012 Finals starters,only Westbrook is still with the same team...

Thats nuts :wow:

Last edited:
owners and the league been running this like a business.
players need to do what's best for them. forget loyalty, fans, etc. do what's best for you
agreed..... i think like this now but i used to think loyalty and all that other ish was more important. why be loyal when its only works one way. 

Wade getting a statue no matter what outside Miami arena..

No clue if Durant getting that outside okc now

Naa Wade has more than earned his own statue regardless,doubt KD's ever getting one anywhere :lol:

Maybe Seattle eventually...:nerd:

Last edited:
What good are your shooters if you can't put them on the floor when it matters? Between Rondo, Wade, and Butler...which one are you taking off the floor in the 4th to put your "shooters" in the game?
Exactly what I told my boy when he said they would be fine cause they have shooters still.

dirk can still play though and i think its cool that cuban has him set for life. 

kobe couldnt and got all that money and handicapped us for years. that last contract he got , he shouldnt have gotten imo. im a firm believer in the "what have you done for me lately" mindset. this is business. loyalty doesnt exists. 

miami offered him 20 mil a year and thats not enough. miss me with that. his fault he took pay cuts years before, no one made him do it. miami offered him more then enough. 

Thank you. Finally someone who gets it.

Most players probably thinking Miami made the right move by letting Wade walk over $7M.

Players don't worry about what type of message this sends.

In about a year, the Heat and their 1145 fans will be better off for not having Wade.

In my opinion, this makes them an even more threat to get Russ. Pat has a whole year to get ready too

Aside from that little jab about our fanbase, I agree with this post 100%

Last edited:
Free agent Leandro Barbosa has agreed to a two-year, $8M deal with the Suns, league source tells @TheVertical.

Out of all the 2012 Finals starters,only Westbrook is still with the same team...

Thats nuts
eek.gif
Technically Bosh.

Get Well Soon Bosh

They've committed over 150 mil to their big 3.

Those are gonna be the 3 guys leading them in minutes, and none of those shooters you listed can play center so at best they're going to have 1 shooter on the floor most of the time.

Floor spacing will be a problem, period.

They have two years invested in Rondo and they're not even paying him that much...Wade-Valentine-Butler-Mirotic-Taj will be a really good unit. Probably their best overall lineup they put out there chemistry-wise.

Rondo will probably get pissed off at some point but we'll see how he handles it.
So is Rondo playing next year or not? Is he the starting point guard or not? Will he be closing games alongside Wade & Butler or not?

If any of the answers is no, he'll become disgruntled and that has never ended well.

That unit you listed looks good, but again, Rondo would be on the bench & won't be happy if that's the lineup closing games.

Wade + Butler? Fine.

Rondo + Wade + Butler? Hell no.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom