2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Hats off to KD for knowing basketball isn't forever and wanting to enjoy every last minute of it. Live your life playa.

Pretty much. I mean, I do still think that it's pretty lame he left a team that was on the verge of beating the team he just joined, but I can't blame him for jumping ship right now while he's young. I'm very sure there's a lot of former NBA players wished they would've left a team they were with for a long time sooner than they did, instead of waiting til they were 30+, body breaking down, declining skills, and shipped out of town for a pack of tartar sauce.
Exactly. Players need to stop putting their hope in these owners and Gms and follow their own path when the opportunity comes.

I bet money KG wish he could've used that time spent in Minnesota somewhere else.

Ehhhh, that's kinda different. KG waived his trade clause and was still a good player at that point. I'd say it would be more like if Malone/Stockon left the Jazz earlier, or Barkley leaving the Suns earlier than he did. Patrick Ewing probably wishes he did the same as well.

your proposal is pretty terrible

westbrook would be 28 by then

the lakers know this

brandon ingram will be 19

do you get it now?

ingram 18 russell 20 randle 21 clarkson 24

the ages do not match up and it would be a stupid trade

a 28 and a 19 year old as your cornerstones

come on man

you better than that

View media item 2094039

Hush. A top 5 player currently and a future star as my cornerstones as opposed to one star and on maybe in D'Lo. Yea I'll take my chances.

I bet money KG wish he could've used that time spent in Minnesota somewhere else.

Because those situations are exactly the same..

And KG went back to minny, right?

That would be like cam packing up shop and going to the Broncos.. Or that a little too personal for ya
What? I said time and talent was wasted. KG spent his glory years at a trash as franchise. Like he told somebody else I can't remember but he said knowing what he knew now he would've got outta there earlier.

So the thunder lack talent?

Another top 10 player and multiple lottery picks

Name the best team KG had when he was in Minnesota.. You got Marbury and who would be the next best player he played with? Wally?

Oh that one year with spree or whatever?

Last edited:

@Rachel__Nichols KD says he has spoken to Russell Westbrook, and that "hopefully he understands. I'm sure we'll talk again."
Welp welp welp.
and russ hopes KD understands sign language cuz next time they speak, it will be with the hands.
roll.gif

yall need to stop hating on kd just like you needed to stop hating lebron few years back

players go to contenders and better teams positioned to win titles every year for a reason

then yall **** on guys like melo for sticking with trash teams

just stop hating. let these players breathe

It wouldn't been nearly as bad had he left for any other team, even the Spurs. But the optics of this quite frankly look very weak, especially since he had a big hand in them choking that Game 6 away. But now like LBJ in 2010 I think this was not a brash decision, it had been in the works for tears going back to the world championships.

Ehhhh, that's kinda different. KG waived his trade clause and was still a good player at that point. I'd say it would be more like if Malone/Stockon left the Jazz earlier, or Barkley leaving the Suns earlier than he did. Patrick Ewing probably wishes he did the same as well.

Think you mean leave the 76ers earlier for Barkley..

And was Ewing going go join the Bulls, oh wait that would be kinda like what Durant did.. Did the Bulls have 3 all pro players at 1 time?

I think KG had the opportunity to be a free agent in 05 or 06 or at least waive his NTC cause I remember the rumors of him coming to LA the year before they traded for Pau and he went to Boston.

Because those situations are exactly the same..

And KG went back to minny, right?

That would be like cam packing up shop and going to the Broncos.. Or that a little too personal for ya
What? I said time and talent was wasted. KG spent his glory years at a trash as franchise. Like he told somebody else I can't remember but he said knowing what he knew now he would've got outta there earlier.

So the thunder lack talent?

Another top 10 player and multiple lottery picks

Name the best team KG had when he was in Minnesota.. You got Marbury and who would be the next best player he played with? Wally?

Oh that one year with spree or whatever?
Spree
Cassel
Wally
Peeler

They went to the WCF

KD reconized that it was time to get out of dodge bc he got tired of the Russ and him coming down going 1 on 1. Same **** that happen with brooks. He wanted to be part of something special. Not the two head monster and a bunch of other guys like in okc.

Back
Top Bottom