2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

It did not end well for Captain Jack and Pop when Jack was literally no longer an NBA caliber player and wanted to play over Danny Green and Ginobili. When he was good, they were fine.

Russ is a wild card on the court but he's no where near Cousins level with coaches. Don't think he's done anything too crazy to his coaches. Where's this coming from?

It did not end well for Captain Jack and Pop when Jack was literally no longer an NBA caliber player and wanted to play over Danny Green and Ginobili. When he was good, they were fine.

Russ is a wild card on the court but he's no where near Cousins level with coaches. Don't think he's done anything too crazy to his coaches. Where's this coming from?

has any of his former coaches chewed him out for taking bad shots?

i look at russ as a suped up version of younger tony parker (poor 3 point shooting and all)

then you have low maintenance guys on the roster and guys who can space the floor and allow him to attack the rim

@Antidope  care to weigh in?

My whole thing about Westbrook is what it would cost to get him. Where's the trade value coming from if we're looking at a two team trade? LMA is the only piece we could offer and idk if I would want to do that. The only other option is to blow up the depth and move Mills (No), Green (I would accept this), Simmons (I don't like it but would accept it), and Anderson(No) and then what would we be left with?

If Russell signs there out right I would gladly welcome it. He is TP the second coming in a lot of ways and we have a shooting staff that could easily turn him into a competent shooter.

^ if he goes spurs, i assume it's as a free agent.. don't see the trade you guys could make

^ if he goes spurs, i assume it's as a free agent.. don't see the trade you guys could make
It has to be. I keep seeing people mention trades but there is no trade that doesn't cripple the roster and I'm 100% against renting Westbrook for a season.

Durant really elevated the super team craze in the arms race against the Warriors.

If only Steph was making what he should be. I don't see it happening again due to either the new CBA parameters or the fact that max guys won't be taking paycuts until they're well into the washed portions of their careers (banana boat crew).

It has to be. I keep seeing people mention trades but there is no trade that doesn't cripple the roster and I'm 100% against renting Westbrook for a season.

It's going to be interesting to see how Murray develops. If he works with Chip and can develop a reliable jump shot then Patty is expendable. The bench is going to be young and athletic, something Pop typically does not trust :lol:

Durant really elevated the super team craze in the arms race against the Warriors.
I said it tongue in cheek when KD announced it but the test of the league needs to rally behind the Cavs and Spurs and stockpile those teams.

I said it tongue in cheek when KD announced it but the test of the league needs to rally behind the Cavs and Spurs and stockpile those teams.
thunder would have been the favorite with Durant.. the right free agent and they could pose a threat

do have size, which will be a need vs warriors

What's everyone's opinion on Pat Riley's idea of a NBA franchise tag?

It would allow for teams to pay one player on the team as much money as possible and not count against the cap.

With a franchise tag, naturally comes a hard cap, and everyone is so against the hard cap.

It would allow for teams to pay one player on the team as much money as possible and not count against the cap.
from pat, i think it's convenient..

but i think it could be a good idea in theory.. but then again, some owners just cant help themselves and you'll end up with the wrong guys getting absurd money and there will be another lockout or something to try and save the owners from themselves

I can see it with the Cavs.

But the Warriors built their "Super team" as organic as possible. As a Spurs fan....you should know that. It's a shame that people can't grasp that.

Dudes out here acting like 4 of the top 15 NBA PLAYERS colluded and decided to sign with GSW :lol:.

And I missed some lakers "core talk" yesterday? Their core isn't that good. Ingram is the real prize there. Then Larry Nance...maybe D-Blow. Randle and Clarkson need to be jettisoned before the lakers realize their potential.

And Russ can't play with Pop. He cares about his stats too much. He going to be mad at pop playing him 28mpg and not letting him dominate the ball...crash the boards and play like a MyPlayer. Russ loves that sht.

Riley's idea sounds good to me. Although would it really make that much of a difference?

I guess it also depends if he means he gets that franchise tag every single season? There's details that are left out

Last edited:

I think it's dumb to not have it count against the cap, that's letting them off the hook. I'm a proponent of the abolishing of max contracts all together just to see how much these analytics guys really value these players. Are you really going to give 1 superstar 50-60% of the cap b/c that's really what they're worth. That would actually encourage more parity.

There's nothing wrong with free agency, no need to make drastic changes. Just really unusual circumstances that allowed this dub team to coalesce like the megazord. It's really an isolated incident. Plus these owners need to stop frontin like this move isn't gonna line their pockets. Cuban the only one keeping it funky even tho he's still a *****.

Don't NFL players hate the franchise tag? Can someone school me on why that is? Would it be something that NBA players would also hate?

Don't NFL players hate the franchise tag? Can someone school me on why that is? Would it be something that NBA players would also hate?
When a team franchises you I believe you have to agree to it and that you get paid in a certain bracket based off the other players in the same position

Riley's idea sounds different in that the team would be able to negotiate with the player to get paid an unlimited amount of money and that the player would get a choice

There's nothing wrong with free agency, no need to make drastic changes. Just really unusual circumstances that allowed this dub team to coalesce like the megazord. It's really an isolated incident. Plus these owners need to stop frontin like this move isn't gonna line their pockets. Cuban the only one keeping it funky even tho he's still a *****.

Pretty much. There's only one explanation for these "unusual circumstances" :nerd:

View media item 2106422
View media item 2106423
View media item 2106424

Back
Top Bottom