2017 Best Places to Live in America vol. NYC didn't crack top 20 cities

Grand Rapids, Michigan and Des Moines, Iowa in the Top 20?

This list is exclusively for #FFFFFF people, I shall pay it no mind.

Thank god someone else said it.

My first thought when I clicked the thread was this list aint for blacks.

As a black man from Grand Rapids I have to agree with all of this :lol: .  Like I said before, If you're young and black, Grand Rapids is absolutely NOT the place to be.

For a young black male, doesn't get any better than Houston.
The Southeast side of the city is VERY black.  The rest of the city though, yea it's pretty white :lol:

View media item 2326989

You probably couldn't pay me to move back to Grand Rapids.  

Well I grew up and lived on the SE side my entire life, so that probably skews my view. :lol:

North Carolina having 2 of the 10 is surprising
I'm biased but not really

state is/was progressing like hell....sucks McCrory 4 years in office set us back some because he's a conservative christian crook 
What a ******* nut he was...now they are giving Roy hell. Pat should take his L like a man and keep it moving him and his weirdo crowd.

Since you live in NC, are they really enforcing that stupid *** bathroom law?!

What area did you live in and are you talking about? Largo, Oxon Hill, Upper Marlboro, Suitland, Cap Heights, Bowie?

Want to know the future of PG take a look at Woodmore Towncenter and take a look at the development plans for the new city Westphalia.15- 20 years PG will be totally different . Westphalia will be the most sought after and best area to live in.

PG is already pushing the people from DC out of the county.
Lived in Oxon Hill and Largo. Woodmore is nice. The Blvd was nice too. Now 10 years later its a ghost town. I hope Westphalia is nice and here to stay. I just dont think anything in PG has staying power aside from the Harbor and MGM.

Lived in Oxon Hill and Largo. Woodmore is nice. The Blvd was nice too. Now 10 years later its a ghost town. I hope Westphalia is nice and here to stay. I just dont think anything in PG has staying power aside from the Harbor and MGM.
Really think about what The Blvd has/had. That was not a sustainable area, Woodmore will thrive and Westphalia will too.

Your crazy if you think a town center with a Wegmans and Costco is going to die, a bunch of other great shops/food/gym/banking too.

People's outlook of PG is the EXACT same outlook people had of NE and SE now look whats happening lol.

My neighborhood is full of all races , majority black but a lot of white people live here. This is a new construction neighborhood the last homes and townhomes were sold between 340K-475K within the past 6 months. Neighborhood has been around for 10 years now and a lot of changes are happening in Capitol Heights. It's been around for so long because they started building right before the market crashed, but they sold the majority of the homes over the past 2-3 years.

Really have no idea why black people think PG will be left out of what is going on in the DC area lol other races are moving in they see the potential.

Last edited:

Really think about what The Blvd has/had. That was not a sustainable area, Woodmore will thrive and Westphalia will too.

Your crazy if you think a town center with a Wegmans and Costco is going to die, a bunch of other great shops/food/gym/banking too.

People's outlook of PG is the EXACT same outlook people had of NE and SE now look whats happening lol.

My neighborhood is full of all races , majority black but a lot of white people live here. Neighborhood has been around for 10 years now and a lot of changes are happening  in Capitol Heights.

Really have no idea why black people think PG will be left out of what is going on in the DC area lol other races are moving in they see the potential.
The question with Woodmore and mostly all of PG is not the places to shop or Wegmans and Costco, but the school system.  Woodmore is surrounded by Glenarden, Upper Marlboro and Capital Heights isn't too far away.  None of these surrounding areas are known for having good school systems for progressive families.

Last edited:

The question with Woodmore and mostly all of PG is not the places to shop or Wegmans and Costco, but the school system.  Woodmore is surrounded by Glenarden, Upper Marlboro and Capital Heights isn't too far away.  None of these surrounding areas are known for having good school systems for progressive families.
Yeah the school system is trash, but it won't be that way forever. If I had kids they would be in private school with PG's current school system.

I was all over Arkansas for 5 years and that place ******* sucks. Not a single city from that piece of crap state should be on there. The only states worse than them are probably Alabama and Mississippi, and maybe northern states no one lives in like Montana, Wyoming and Idaho.

Peep did not enjoy his time :rofl:  

I made a lot of friends there and liked the actual school I went to, but the actual state of AR is just trash. They're behind in so many way it's not even funny, but i guess you can describe them as the "elite" of the backwoods behind the times type states. It was a running joke between me and a handful of people from there, but it's actually true that if you you're in Arkansas and have goals and aspirations, you leave, which a lot of my friends from there over the years have done. They're all spread out in or on the outskirts of Houston, Dallas, Austin, and even as far as Cleveland, Philly, and Berkeley CA.

I wanna move bad but im comfortable where im at now for not having a degree. Would probably be tough to just move somewhere and get a good job out of the gate.

Went to Charlotte for a weekend in September ffor a SF/CAR game and LOVED it

Ive been damn near every major city in US. Downtown/College Park Orlando is a great place to live. No state income tax, poppin bar scene, and the women, the women... man.

:lol: at DC being 4th. Cost of living alone should keep it out of the top 10.

Charlotte is surprisingly nice. Living is cheap, weather is decent, you have a good mix of people, and, for a large city, crime is below average.

Haven't been to Raleigh, but heard good things about it.

Ive been damn near every major city in US. Downtown/College Park Orlando is a great place to live. No state income tax, poppin bar scene, and the women, the women... man.

didn't know there was a college park in orlando. but the women in orlando, man you ain't even gotta explain lol

Back
Top Bottom