2017 LA AUTOSHOW Dec 1-10 / 2018 DETROIT AUTOSHOW Jan 14-28

2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS
01-2019-mercedes-benz-cls-la-1.jpg

03-2019-mercedes-benz-cls-la-1.jpg

10-2019-mercedes-benz-cls-la-1.jpg

man i will never buy a BMW but i would buy the i8 if i ever decided to drop 100k on a car. :sick:

BMW's design signature has been stale for years across the entire line up, except for the i-models.

They really need to inject some new excitement into the design team.

i8 roadster is dope af
kia stingray and new mazda 6 look good.
2019 will be when I purchase my next whip and that CLS is a contender:evil:

Yall like that tesla more than the i8? No way. Then it's more expensive too. I feel a certain type of way about the idea of spending 6 figures on a non exotic brand, eg BMW, Acura nsx, even though they are extra cold.

Yall like that tesla more than the i8? No way. Then it's more expensive too. I feel a certain type of way about the idea of spending 6 figures on a non exotic brand, eg BMW, Acura nsx, even though they are extra cold.

Not trying to downplay you but Tesla started out selling extoic cars. The orgianal Tesla roadster was $100k. It was based of the loutos Elise I believe. Let's not forget Tesla change the game in where people thought electric cars were useless. Elon musk has done a great job pushing electric cars. It's starts at 200k but they do sell the model S and other fleet of Tesla cars in lower price ranges. If I was able to get my hand on some money to reserve a model 3 that would be first dabble in driving a electric car. And let's not forget it's all of Tesla cars are self driving cars.

I'm not sure if BMW is working on self driving cars, they probably are but in secret.

^ ^ ^

back to track cars, have you considered of just getting a 911 GT3?

or even a 911 GTS if you want to save around $20k?

unless you're really into BMW

^ ^ ^

back to track cars, have you considered of just getting a 911 GT3?

or even a 911 GTS if you want to save around $20k?

unless you're really into BMW

If Im going Porsche in definitely Going to look at a 911 GT3 but I still need to worry about overhead. Such as maintenance, spending money on track runs. I don't want to put myself in debt. Not for a car.

I'll probably get a Porsche when I'm fully comfortable and confident in driving one. Maybe in my late 30s.

Only doing this track driving to actually have a hobby and maybe do small amatuer races.

Most likey getting the BMW M4 CS though.

What car you pushing ?

I mean the CS in europes at $125k already (US pric enot yet announced) while a 911 GTS starts at $120k.

I get it BMW has a great free maintenance for the first 3 years (now I think? used to be 4) but if you're tracking a car in the $100k+ range, what you spend on the misc like tires and maintenance has to be of little to no issue. That's not a knock at you, I just think if that range you have to have those accounted for even for a BMW. If I am in your position, i'd get a regular M4 and have fun with it. I'd even suggest a BRZ for the track and then trash it.

My friends and I track old E30's and E36's with little to no worries.

I mean the CS in europes at $125k already (US pric enot yet announced) while a 911 GTS starts at $120k.

I get it BMW has a great free maintenance for the first 3 years (now I think? used to be 4) but if you're tracking a car in the $100k+ range, what you spend on the misc like tires and maintenance has to be of little to no issue. That's not a knock at you, I just think if that range you have to have those accounted for even for a BMW. If I am in your position, i'd get a regular M4 and have fun with it. I'd even suggest a BRZ for the track and then trash it.

My friends and I track old E30's and E36's with little to no worries.

Thanks for the advice. I'm still new to this stuff. So I haven't fully figured out everything. I do know I want a M4 and I willing to spend that kind of money for one.

I'm not doing a brz I'm sorry. Ive drove one not my style not my taste. But I get what you mean.

I definitely know how to handle sport performance cars just don't have the experience of actual track driving cause I lived in NYC all my life. I just moved to Texas and I know Texas has a bunch of speedways and tracks. NYC has like nothing.

All this would come to furtuion in mid 2018 I have time. I'm patient these cars aint going no where. Lol.

Thanks for the advice. I'm still new to this stuff. So I haven't fully figured out everything. I do know I want a M4 and I willing to spend that kind of money for one.

I'm not doing a brz I'm sorry. Ive drove one not my style not my taste. But I get what you mean.

I definitely know how to handle sport performance cars just don't have the experience of actual track driving cause I lived in NYC all my life. I just moved to Texas and I know Texas has a bunch of speedways and tracks. NYC has like nothing.

All this would come to furtuion in mid 2018 I have time. I'm patient these cars aint going no where. Lol.
Why don't you cop da GT4

For the next 6 months or so, try and test drive as much as you can because you've got plenty of option and as a first track car, I wouldn't jump that high because crashing is still a good possibility.

But drive everything you can get your hands on, Cayman GTS, Corvette, M2, etc... Whatever you're driving right now, take it to your nearest track and see how that goes, doesn't even matter what it is. I've see mini vans in tracks :lol:

Back
Top Bottom