• Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
'LeBron needs to win more titles to move up the ladder of all-time greats'

*Durant gets slander for trying to win as many championships as possible*

LBJ is honestly permanently ahead of Kobe man. By every metric he's better than Kobe (Solidly too) and when you have 3 rings on top of that, along with the team the cavs beat for that 3rd ring, it's really hard for me personally to put LBJ ahead of Kobe.

LBJ is honestly permanently ahead of Kobe man. By every metric he's better than Kobe (Solidly too) and when you have 3 rings on top of that, along with the team the cavs beat for that 3rd ring, it's really hard for me personally to put LBJ ahead of Kobe.
i think they on the same tier... i think duncan ahead of both them. and neither are close to mj imo

Kobe was not a better basketball player than LeBron, c'mon...
But Kobe was a more consistent competitor in the clutch. This is coming from a giant Kobe hater who wanted him to fail in every fourth quarter.

Lebron does have the better skill set and does have moments where he was as good as anyone has ever been in the clutch.

It just comes down to your criteria. I could see both choices being justified (Kobe over Lebron or vice versa).

There is nothing that Bron can do that Kobe CAN'T. They were just in different roles. 

damn it, kobe didn't lose an achilles and then come back to play in marty mcfly's for this!!

lebron is dominant as hell, and has been so for the past 5 years...but yall must have memory loss or not have watched kobe between 2000 and 2010. the ****** dude was must see TV every night

But Kobe was a more consistent competitor in the clutch. This is coming from a giant Kobe hater who wanted him to fail in every fourth quarter.

Lebron does have the better skill set and does have moments where he was as good as anyone has ever been in the clutch.

It just comes down to your criteria. I could see both choices being justified (Kobe over Lebron or vice versa).

I believe that LeBron's statistics in the clutch prove this wrong. I may be wrong, but I think I have heard this before.

i think they on the same tier... i think duncan ahead of both them. and neither are close to mj imo
My honest take on it (just my opinion)

MJ is definitely the Goat, but I don't think he's that far ahead of the field of all time greats when you account for context. He benefited a ton from the league being watered down from a talent standpoint due to expansion. He's still the Goat, (I have him at one) but I honestly can't be convinced that MJ is just that much better than the rest of the field.

And I just think the Porfolio that LBJ has amassed has him ahead of Duncan but it's a lot of hair splitting so I can't say that Duncan ahead of LBJ is blasphemous or anything like that. That's very worthy.

I believe that LeBron's statistics in the clutch prove this wrong. I may be wrong, but I think I have heard this before.

You may be right. I remember some of the claims about Kobe's "clutchness" being inflated. At the time I think Melo was better in tight 4th quarter situations.

Still, it was Kobe who made my heart skip a beat...

:lol: :frown:

There is nothing that Bron can do that Kobe CAN'T. They were just in different roles. 
Well, Kobe's retired so all we have to go on is what he DID and what he did really is notches behind what LBJ has done in his career.

laugh.gif
was just having this convo with the dudes at the gym in between games of playing ball....nobody had lebron ahead of kobe but its la. i really dont know or have encountered many lebron fans around here . most people i meet dont like him and are in love with kobe . 

Last edited:

damn it, kobe didn't lose an achilles and then come back to play in marty mcfly's for this!!

lebron is dominant as hell, and has been so for the past 5 years...but yall must have memory loss or not have watched kobe between 2000 and 2010. the ****** dude was must see TV every night

Kobe had a much more aesthetically pleasing type of game, but LeBron has always had much more presence physically. Kobe couldn't play or guard all 5 positions, whereas LeBron can.

Last edited:
I give Bron the edge on defense, in particular his blocks. Those helped turn some games.

As a pure scorer, Kobe is ahead.
Bron was a better help defender, Kobe better on ball. Scorer an edge to Kobe. Passing edge to Bron, but Bean ran the point excellently when asked to do so. Rebounding is Bron but he's a forward and 5 boards a game for a guard is pretty good. 

I give Bron the edge on defense, in particular his blocks. Those helped turn some games.

As a pure scorer, Kobe is ahead.

both these dudes were lockdown defenders at some point or another. defensively, i agree i'd have to give it to bron for the fact that he can effectively guard 1-5

from an offensive skillset, i'd consider kobe in a different echelon.

at the end of the day though, i can't even say who's above the other.

I just wish the Warriors was doing this to the Cavs without KD.

I think warriors could've got their revenge the old fashioned way. Instead they take the easy way out by getting more stacked lol

i can't even blame them. at the end of the day, if you're the owner of the warriors and you have a chance to sign a top 3 player in the world while making sure your franchise is relevant for possibly the next decade, you definitely do it. the revenue the warriors have made this season has got to be near an all time high

joe lacob right now
View media item 2456545
and adam silver can talk about how he doesn't like "super teams" all he wants but he aint gonna do a damn thing to stop it. last night's blowout still managed to pull in the highest ratings the NBA has seen since jordan's era

adam silver talking about how he hates super teams ***** please..silver got yall fooled
View media item 2456548

As an owner, I'd definitely sign whoever possible to make sure my franchise is set for years.

As a player, I wouldn't have wanted Durant to come on board. I would've wanted to see if I could get revenge without him.

They were good enough already. They won 73 games without KD. They were one win from winning back to back chips without KD. They just choked.

Last edited:
from an offensive skillset, i'd consider kobe in a different echelon.

at the end of the day though, i can't even say who's above the other.
+1

I feel privileged to have watched them both all the way from their high school days to their short stints at Duke and through their lengthy pro careers.

I'm taking LBJ over Kobe in every facet of the game of basketball. Scoring, Defense, rebounding, passing, playmaking, any and everything at his peak LBJ was better at than Kobe.

KING JAMES only GOATS with a losing record on the biggest stage! Soon to be 3-5. He's currently 3-4 (17-25 overall) can't put him over the other GOATS being 8 games under .500 on the biggest stage! Let alon( (swept, meltdown and blown out by record margin in finals series). Plus his competition in the East. Would love to seen him play his career on the WEST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom