• Cleveland Cavaliers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Point differential or wins? What's more important.

Bottom line is, if it matters, the Cavs are only 3 games down in head to head matchups over the last 3 years and one game down in the finals. Both teams have a ring. So the narrative that you picked up on from skip bayless or ESPN just doesn't hold up.

What really matters (at least to me) is both teams are 1-1 in the finals.

I could easily say... "the Cavs are dominating gsw, they've won 5 of the last 7 games vs. gsw and have 1 ring to show for their dominance." Its true, but in the end, what does it even matter? Its a useless stat. Just like your point differential and sample size for your bogus dominance claim.

One would figure you'd get enough of being wrong, but apparently not. We're not gonna move goal posts. Golden State was in fact stomping a mud hole in Cleveland. That is a fact. You tried to refute the claim, talking about facts so here's some facts golden state has won their games by margins of 18,8,21,13,8,6,34,15,33, and 11. Yes they were absolutely vastly superior. It's not a narrative that's, as you so eloquently described it, facts. If wins matter, Golden State has more. In those wins, they've demolished the Cavs. They were the better team in 15,16 and they are now.

Only because there weren't jail broken fire sticks and streaming back then.
it's on local networks.... Streaming and firestick aren't necessary when all you need is an antenna.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the most watched finals ever.
Antenna
laugh.gif
 It's honestly less hassle nowadays to just stream if you dont have cable

Only because there weren't jail broken fire sticks and streaming back then.
it's on local networks.... Streaming and firestick aren't necessary when all you need is an antenna.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the most watched finals ever.

It'll be most watched Finals ever and there will be a **** load of people streaming too.

There's a reason these players are making baseball money now. Alot more people are watching than in the past.

Last edited:
I'm cutting the cord in October. Been renting cable boxes for 10 years and still don't own 1 of them. Eff cable companies..

It'll be most watched Finals ever even with a **** load of people streaming.

There's a reason these players are making baseball money now. Alot more people are watching than in the past.

This is just false. MJ was drawing upwards of 25 million+ during his last 3 peat including almost 30 million in 98. NBA will never match that again.

Last year's Finals was on par with 2004 LA-DET series in viewership and ratings.

Ive used a stream for every game of the playoffs so far but ill be watching ABC feed for Finals.

Streaming has become so good that the only problem i have is being in group texts and stuff gets spoiled because my stream is a minute behind. Im not messing with that for the big show.

Last edited:
It'll be most watched Finals ever and there will be a **** load of people streaming too.

Well it helps that ESPN outbid the **** out of themselves for no apparently reason whatsoever.

It'll be most watched Finals ever even with a **** load of people streaming.

This is just false. MJ was drawing upwards of 25 million+ during his last 3 peat including almost 30 million in 98. NBA will never match that again.

Last year's Finals was on par with 2004 LA-DET series in viewership and ratings.

Oh, guess even im underestimating just how many people are streaming then.

Looks like last year had an average of 20 million viewers and game 7 had 31 million people viewing. It would have been close.

Last edited:
I wish TNT could show the finals sometimes, I'm tired of these bums on ESPN. NBA should let the finals alternate between TNT/ABC like how the Super Bowl alternates between Fox/CBS.

I'm cutting the cord in October. Been renting cable boxes for 10 years and still don't own 1 of them. Eff cable companies..
I have cable but don't even have my box hooked up. Only time I hook it up is when a game is on. Other then that I'm streaming on my Xbox or on my firestick...

Goddamn just get this **** over with. No reason for 2 days rest every game
Yeah man.. The finals if it goes 7 games will be almost 3 weeks long. Ridiculous.

Firestick x Sling TV is all I need. 14$ a month.
you still paying for the net though and that ish ain't cheap...
I pay 135 a month for cable phone and Internet but don't really use the cable and don't even have a phone hooked up..

Last edited:
Finals has been on a Thursday-Sunday-Tuesday for a minute before the last couple years.

My firestick has been life changing haha.  I just still havent been able to fully go away from cable, because of sports.  Like mentioned a few posts ago, I cant stream sports and knowingly be a few minutes behind live tv.  
laugh.gif

With the 2-2-1-1-1 format I think 2 days of rest is reasonable when teams are flying across the country.

But the fan in me for sure doesnt want to wait that long.

With the 2-2-1-1-1 format I think 2 days of rest is reasonable when teams are flying across the country.

But the fan in me for sure doesnt want to wait that long.
Right....but the problem is the 2 day break between 2 games in the same city.  The flying is reasonable, yet still not necessary. The in between games in the same city is just ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom