2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone think it was rigged so they can sell more tickets for the next games? Won't be surprised if Spurs beat Warriors next game.

I turned the game off at halftime...

But I doubt they would. The league would make more money to sell the series as 2 undefeated teams going at it.

Someone said, Drake won more Billboard awards than Lebron had points [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:
LeBron acting all passive in the 4th qtr is the reason why the Cavs lost
People wish this game was rigged :lol:

Lebron gonna put up a 40-12-13 triple double next game. Watch.

wanna bet? if you're wrong, you retire from NT.

i strongly recall saying at the beginning of the playoffs that frisco and whip would still be engaged in some sort of bet-related discussion deep into the finals...i might be nostradamus

Steph
Curry
Revenge
Tour

28/6/6
49/44/90

Sleep.....[emoji]128564[/emoji]

View media item 2172995
View media item 2441768

Last edited:
I can lightweight see this as a bad thing for the warriors. It's almost like going for the stupid regular season win record last year. If you don't feel losing for log spurts, I do feel like you lose your guard a bit. Lebron and em about to be fired up after this.

Warriors in 6.

Steph
Curry
Revenge
Tour

28/6/6
49/44/90

Sleep.....[emoji]128564[/emoji]

wavy, you know as well as me that the only numbers steph puts up that will matter are the ones in the finals.

my man chef burry has been unconscious this playoffs run tho :pimp:

Last edited:
wavy, you know as well as me that the only numbers steph puts up that will matter are the ones in the finals.

Dummy going off in the finals this year.

I see Steph averaging 30 this finals...hitting half court shots and shimmying thru the pressure.

Right now....he's playing at the level he did in the regular season a year ago. It's insane.

I see Steph averaging 30 this finals...hitting half court shots and shimmying thru the pressure.

Right now....he's playing at the level he did in the regular season a year ago. It's insane.

his game 7 performance probably weighs heavy on his mind and fueling him this post season.

6-19 FG
4-14 3PTA
1 free throw
2 assists to 4 TOs

yeah, he lookin for that revenge. seeing him play with this much confidence against the spurs, he's having a ******* OBE hittin .500 from deep for the series and dribbling through everything.

Last edited:
his game 7 performance probably weighs heavy on his mind and fueling him this post season

6-19 FG
4-14 3PTA
1 free throw
2 assists to 4 TOs

yeah, he lookin for that revenge

Wouldn't be surprised if LeBron comes out game 4 guns blazing and zoned in. He's def going to be more aggressive next game around. But if the Celtics can play the same way they did in the end of the 3rd going to the home stretch then it'll be close. They can't let 2 out of the big 3 in Cle go for 30 again. Because I don't see the Celtics shooting lights out again.

Call me crazy, but I think the SAS will come out with a lot of pride and win game 4. Not losing a game isn't going to hurt the GSW per se, because they've already had their moment of being down and coming back. I know it wasn't a loss, but it counts for something. The extra rest the GSW could potentially have might backfire as well.

imo the general population can't even fathoms how difficult it is to actually kill it in the finals, especially trying to play at the same or similar level as one did in the regular season and the playoff rounds before.

for example, it took lebron failing in two finals before he even figured out and became the monster we all see today or how kobe shot low 40% in his last 3 finals.

the only person stopping steph from getting the finals mvp is durant, but I think his match-up with bron will stop him from putting up monster numbers and steph will put up something stupid. I'm thinking 32, 8, and 7 while shooting 50+/45+/90+

Last edited:
imo the general population can't even fathoms how difficult it is to actually kill it in the finals, especially trying to play at the same or similar level as one did in the regular season and the playoff rounds before.

for example, it took lebron failing in two finals before he even figured out and became the monster we all see today or how kobe shot low 40% in his last 3 finals.

the only person stopping steph from getting the finals mvp is durant, but I think his match-up with bron will stop him from putting up monster numbers and steph will put up something stupid. I'm thinking 32, 8, and 7 while shooting 50+/45+/90+

It really depends on Steph to be honest. The Cavs will play Kyrie on Curry again and in PNR situations, TT will show hard and stop him from turning that corner. If there's a switch, Curry HAS to be aggressive and take advantage. If TT can contain him in those situations, it'll be REALLY tough to stop Clev. I know that'll be tough, but whoever TT man is, he has to be able to punish the Cavs in the boards when TT is out in the perimeter like that.

Curry has had some strong performances in the Finals, but he never came up in the big moments. It was always someone else who stepped up. This is Curry's moment to start his legacy. If he fails again, it'll be too much for him going forward. One of those things that follow him his entire career.

After all this, I have the Cavs in 7. You also have the KD/LeBron thing as well. Durant will either push back and finally get over LeBron mentally, or LeBron will eat him up again. So many sub-plots in this rivalry man. What an incredible couple years it's really been.

Last edited:
Anyone think it was rigged so they can sell more tickets for the next games? Won't be surprised if Spurs beat Warriors next game.
No. Unless this somehow goes to 7 games, I can assure you that Silver didn't want the Celtics to win this game. This way, they can't push their "We know our playoffs sucked, but now you get two undefeated teams in the finals" campaign to hype up the finals.

It was just a case of LeBron having the worst shooting night of the season combined with a Celtics role player going off and having the best shooting night of the season. Sprinkle some horrible lead managment by Tyronn Lue and a lucky bounce at the buzzer, and nights like this happen.

It really depends on Steph to be honest. The Cavs will play Kyrie on Curry again and in PNR situations, TT will show hard and stop him from turning that corner. If there's a switch, Curry HAS to be aggressive and take advantage. If TT can contain him in those situations, it'll be REALLY tough to stop Clev. I know that'll be tough, but whoever TT man is, he has to be able to punish the Cavs in the boards when TT is out in the perimeter like that.

Curry has had some strong performances in the Finals, but he never came up in the big moments. It was always someone else who stepped up. This is Curry's moment to start his legacy. If he fails again, it'll be too much for him going forward. One of those things that follow him his entire career.

After all this, I have the Cavs in 7. You also have the KD/LeBron thing as well. Durant will either push back and finally get over LeBron mentally, or LeBron will eat him up again. So many sub-plots in this rivalry man. What an incredible couple years it's really been.

i disagree. at least in 2015 finals, steph definitely has come up in in the big moments. are you talking about offensively? if so, can you provide some examples?

i also think he wasn't as aggressive on offensive in the 2016 finals because of his knee. he routinely toyed with TT before the 2016 finals. I have no worries about TT switching onto curry lol.

for KD, what do you mean get over lebron mentally? KD has always been able play lebron relatively well. in their first final match-up, he did struggle guarding him in the low and mid post, but what defender doesn't? on offensive, he was always able to give lebron buckets since lebron isn't at his best guarding good, shifty ball-handlers. it's a huge exaggeration to say "lebron will eat him up again".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom