2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Lebron and the Cavs somehow pull off a series win, you might as well crown Lebron as the GOAT. This upcoming Finals will be 10x the challenge that he and the Cavs faced last season. For legacy purposes, I hope the Cavs win. Want nothing more than eggs on the faces of the Warriors.

If Lebron and the Cavs somehow pull off a series win, you might as well crown Lebron as the GOAT. This upcoming Finals will be 10x the challenge that he and the Cavs faced last season. For legacy purposes, I hope the Cavs win. Want nothing more than eggs on the faces of the Warriors.

You know this won't happen. It'll all of a sudden be about how Korver is better than Draymond Green or something :lol

Would be amazing to see doe.

I just do not get why people think the Warriors are that much better than the Cavs.

Better....Yes

But not by much.
They are much better.

LBJ's greatness is hiding the fact that they still a 51 win team who struggled going into the playoffs, still can't defend any team let alone GSW, and Kyrie Irving hasn't been good all playoffs.

It's easy to see why the Warriors are much better than the Cavs right now. Doesn't mean that it'll play out that way, but at this moment they definitely are.

I personally don't think the cavs are stacked, it just appears to be that way with LBJ on the court. With him off the court they're horrible.

They're stacked. And tailored perfectly around him. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Most championship teams outside of a few are stacked.

Pretty much, though I feel like stacked is a bit of a stretch, even though I can't think of a different word. Just have guys that perfectly play their roles for this Cavs team, but probably wouldn't amount to much on other teams. Kyle Korver, Deron Williams, Derrick Williams, Channing Frye, and Richard Jefferson all have the capability of making plays for this Cavs team. Add any of them to the Knicks, or any bottom 10 team in general, and they will not move the needle at all :lol just will collect a check

The major flaw that screws up all of you Bron fans entire argument is that the Warriors are built as a balanced team whereas the Cavs are built around LeBron completely. You can take the pieces out of a well-balanced team and still succeed. You cannot take the focal point of the entire organization out and have it still function well.

However, that doesn't mean that the rest of the team is garbage. It means the entire roster and coaching staff is focused on him. Take away the focal point and everything crumbles.

I understand that screws up the narrative "LeBron is GOAT and is taking 11 scrubs to the Finals against the Monstars," but that's simply a narrative that helps you feel better about whatever point you need to hold onto.

And I'm actually a huge LeBron fan. Just not a fan of you all.
laugh.gif
ska keeping it 100..... 

Yeah who the hell said Lebby was playing with 11 bums? They're clearly the 2nd best team in the league.

What imaginary Lebby stan are you Lebby haters arguing with? 8o

Yeah who the hell said Lebby was playing with 11 bums? They're clearly the 2nd best team in the league.

What imaginary Lebby stan are you Lebby haters arguing with?
nerd.gif
Exactly, no one said his roster was bums and no one is trying to build a AI 01 like narrative for LBJ.

They aren't the 2nd best team in the league though lol but other than that I agree with what you said.

I don't think it's hard to figure out that playing with Lebron makes an average player good and a good player really good.

I'm here for The Dray vs Bron cry fest Final.

Can't wait.

Exactly, no one said his roster was bums and no one is trying to build a AI 01 like narrative for LBJ.

They aren't the 2nd best team in the league though lol but other than that I agree with what you said.
people pretty much pointed to they record without lebron and implied without him they suck...

how are they not the 2nd best team in the l. who is better then them?

Last edited:
From a pure basketball standpoint....nothing about them being elite offensively and defensively impresses you?

Not at all. That's like asking me if I'm impressed with the west all stars scoring 180 :lol these dudes are supremely talented and kill the opposition playing 100% on offense and 80% on defense and that's still way too much for the rest of the league.

Again, no.

Him beating this squad doesn't erase all the other fallacies in his career. He will cement his spot even more so as the best of his generation but people gotta let that ship sail on him being the greatest of all time.

COMPLETELY disagree. I don't care what Mike's record was. There is no other team in the history of the league as stacked and as potent on offense AND defense as this year's Warriors squad. I don't care about his other fallacies or finals losses. EVERYTHING about the Cavs successes falls on his shoulders. Lebron can't have an off-night in the Finals. He and the Cavs don't have the same luxury as the Warriors. Steph shooting 6-19, no biggie...still got Klay/Durant/Dray to pick up the slack. Klay drunk on the court again? No bigge...still got Steph/Durant/Dray. It goes on and on.

We all know the record of the Cavs when Lebron doesn't play. Kyrie/Love are nowhere near good enough to shoulder the load on their own. It's a fact.

To me, Lebron is a top-3 player of all time. I won't even argue if someone says he's better than Mike. However, if he can somehow pull off a win in the upcoming series, I think he cements his status as the GOAT.

****** talked **** all year and didn't even wait for the finals to start before to start making excuses 
laugh.gif
mean.gif
yeah man if he wins hes goat . so if he loses ? people just want to crown him as goat
laugh.gif
.. just crown his as your goat on your imaginary list. no need to wait. 

he was supposed to lose ?  he doesnt even have the 2nd best team in the L . Lebrons desire lifted them? 

Last edited:

actually agree with all of this. y'all know I dislike Lebrun but dude is a monster. He's knocking on MJ door

the reason why people dislike calling him GOAT or close to GOAT is because dudes still obsessed with Jordan, in about 20-30 years when some of the MJ fans get old and senile and die off. Lebron will be touted as GOAT, IMO

how are they not the 2nd best team in the l. who is better then them?
Tbh I think a healthy Spurs/Rockets/Clippers and even Jazz maybe would be better than the Cavs. I know the regular season isn't 100% indicative, but I saw the Spurs and Clippers demolish the Cavs this year and the Cavs defense (or lack thereof) is real.

51 wins with an eastern conference based schedule isn't that impressive to me. So that's why I don't think they are the 2nd best team in the league, but have the best player in the world.

Last edited:

Tbh I think a healthy Spurs/Rockets/Clippers and even Jazz maybe would be better than the Cavs. I know the regular season isn't 100% indicative, but I saw the Spurs and Clippers demolish the Cavs this year and the Cavs defense (or lack thereof) is real.

51 wins with an eastern conference based schedule isn't that impressive to me. So that's why I don't think they are the 2nd best team in the league, but have the best player in the world.
Man put the pipe down...

i strongly disagree. 

yeah man if he wins hes goat . so if he loses ? people just want to crown him as goat
laugh.gif

he was supposed to lose ?  he doesnt even have the 2nd best team in the L . Lebrons desire lifted them? 
You're going into narratives bro.

Yes, the Cavs are supposed to lose to GSW. Doesn't mean that he can't do his part and play well.

No they don't have the 2nd best team in the L. LBJ going bonkers against the east isn't making me forget that this is a 51 win team with a terrible defense.

Lebron won a ring with JR Smith, Delly, and Iman Trashpert son gotta be goat for that.

i strongly disagree. 
Which you have every right to.

But I just can't look at what LBJ is doing with this 11 game sample size and have it make me forget who this team was heading into the playoffs.

If i'm talking about them being the 2nd best team in the league, then how they compare against western conference teams matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom