2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
that would matter if Jordan didn't win every finals he was in..

Nah in the context of this convo it does

Again he's an all time great so I tend to think that the success wouldn't have been much different

But off the top of my head the path to the finals for Jordan seemingly was much easier playing in the east

Nah in the context of this convo it does

Again he's an all time great so I tend to think that the success wouldn't have been much different

But off the top of my head the path to the finals for Jordan seemingly was much easier playing in the east
yeah this is all i'm saying...
and I guess what you were saying about Bron

There's a difference between challenge and miracles :lol:

Nobody is winning a ring with Smush and Kwame and Luke Walton being 3 of your starting 5 :lol:

Meh he was part of them blowing that 3-1 lead and he quit on his team in game 7.

If they don't blow that 3-1 lead they would have played the clippers and if the 2nd round stigma or whatever is real, they would have beat them too especially with 7 potential games at home

So he lowkey could have :lol:

His shot is a little off. But he's still productive driving to the hoop. As long as he does that, I think he'll be fine.

But he did passing up shoots in Game 1 when he went 0-7. Hopefully he plays better tonight. 

Yeah I peeped that.

Just something to keep an eye on going forward.

I think he has to take and make those 3s if GSW is to live up to their full potential against tonight comp though.

You guys need to chill with the hypotheticals. You can't ever answer them.

LeBron did what any human would do, which is take the path of least resistance. He's an incredible talent and will probably go down as the second greatest NBA player of all time.

That's quite the feat. He's had an awful team(s) for the first 7 years, took the chance and teamed up with 2 superstars. Won twice and went back to Cleveland with an up and coming team. Had some things go his way and won another ring. Contending every year and being competitive.

His greatness is cemented at this point. He's won one for Cleveland and fulfilled his promise. Only way his legacy is shot is if they come out with sort of scandal that takes away from his greatness ie PED's or some sort of cheating.

I don't even think losing in the Finals 2-3 more times would hurt his legacy either.

yeah this is all i'm saying...
and I guess what you were saying about Bron

Right. These are all time greats. In the grand scheme of things for me it doesn't really matter just something to think about

Lebron has never had a path to the finals such as CP in 2015

CP and LAC won 56 games and still had to play the 55 win spurs, the 56 win rockets, and if they'd won the 67 win warriors JUST to get to the finals

You could say this about Russ and kd, Steph, and a few other players so it's not CP exclusive.

It's not a detriment to lebron just honestly an observation honestly. Luck matters.

yeah I was wrong about IT :lol:
still don't see him doing this against Cleveland
and Boston probably would've lost 1st round if Rondo doesn't get hurt.. BUT
I was wrong about his effectiveness in the playoffs

Right. These are all time greats. In the grand scheme of things for me it doesn't really matter just something to think about

Lebron has never had a path to the finals such as CP in 2015

CP and LAC won 56 games and still had to play the 55 win spurs, the 56 win rockets, and if they'd won the 67 win warriors JUST to get to the finals

You could say this about Russ and kd, Steph, and a few other players so it's not CP exclusive.

It's not a detriment to lebron just honestly an observation honestly. Luck matters.

Bingo

Wish basketball was discussed with nuance, objectivity, bias, contempt and humor.

Makes for much better back n forth than narratives, we da best, you da suckies, hot takes and sensationalism.

Props. He's going to eat against Cleveland too. He's really benefiting from the guys around him making shots.

They don't stand a chance against Cleveland though.

Props. He's going to eat against Cleveland too. He's really benefiting from the guys around him making shots.

you don't think they'll do what they're doing to derozan now and just try to make someone else beat em even if it means open looks?

IT won't be able to run around like this against Clev. LeBron is going to check him the same way he did D. Rose.

IT won't be able to run around like this against Clev. LeBron is going to check him the same way he did D. Rose.
I don't even think they'll put LeBron on him. I remember them trying that in one of the regular season meetings and IT torched him.

Initial defender isn't all that relevant. Whatever action IT is in is going to end up in a PnR and that's a large reason why even in the 4th in game 2 John Wall guarding IT didn't matter all that much

IT is really good at forcing a switch with a big

You mean the whole team of Miami was checking D.Rose, let's not get that twisted. 

As soon as Rose came to half court, 2 guys ran at him, trapping him. 

Good luck to Lebron chasing IT all across the court. He's going to be spent.

you don't think they'll do what they're doing to derozan now and just try to make someone else beat em even if it means open looks?

No way. Zeke isn't taking pull up jumpers in people's faces. And I think he's too fast to double like they're doing DeKobe.

Black Hayward got his, I don't see why Zeke can

Morris attempted to elbow IT in the head.

https://t.co/smjPVhZ0AB

Dirty Morris
He's one of those dudes that you can only like if he's on your team
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom